Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Trayvon Martin discussion

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
metoo said:
The media LIE ALL THE TIME, about pretty much everything, and are ignorant the rest of the time, mostly. So saying something is "in the media" proves nothing more than that you are gullible and ignorant. U gotta do better than THAT, homeboy.
Thats your rebuttal? That the entirety of the media is lying about points a, b, and c that I laid out? Im gullibble and ignorant huh? You realize the media is not one entity and comprises of a number of different groups of people right? with different opinions...you know this right? So by sheer weight of the fact that none of the media outlets are debating the validity of points a, b, or c, it would seem those points at least a kernel of truth in them right?

And when did I say that simply being "in the media" makes something true? I also mentioned the court system. Those is in legal system arent arguing the validity of points a, b, or c. How about you read more carefully next time before stupidly jumping the gun. If im gullible and ignorant then its apparent that you must be incapable of reading with comprehension.

What about Angela Cory? Is she lying when she acknowledges those points I made? Are the lawyers who dont argue those points contributing to this so called lie? Come on now.

Last edited:

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan you based all your opinion in this thread at the beginning from media material, the investigation was just started and provided no sure infos yet you were sure the fact was racially motivated due to that "coon" heard on media (probably created for the purpose from those liers to sell some more copy).

You conveniently changed your base now realying on lawyers and others but in the beginning (see you posts in the first pages) you were just riding the emotional wave provided on news.

MaddXMan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jumping in way late here, but on the "blacks owned slaves too" so-called argument:

A small number of free blacks owned slaves. And?

There are and always have been those who are inclined towards suck up behavior - minorities who are sycophants, suck ups and collaborators with their oppressors or towards those who they view as having all the power.

That is why you had Indians who acted as scouts towards the army, helping other Indians get annihilated

Free blacks who owned slaves

Jews who informed on other Jews and worked for the Nazi state. The internal police force in the Warsaw ghetto were all Jews, so that justified what? Nothing!

Examples are limitless. It does not justify anything or prove anything other than sycophants come in all races.

Maybe they did it for money. Maybe self preservation. Maybe they were sadists. One thing is for sure and that is they all have some self interest at stake and are morally weak individuals.

Collaborators get what is coming to them too, when the power structure they cling to falls. I'm sure those free blacks didn't get to keep their slaves when the South lost the war. No one said aw, that's ok, you're black and they're black so it's all good. They suffered the proper fate of all symps and collaborators: Held at gunpoint while their women are raped in front of them and their homes burn behind them........

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who Dares Win said:
Jaylan you based all your opinion in this thread at the beginning from media material, the investigation was just started and provided no sure infos yet you were sure the fact was racially motivated due to that "coon" heard on media (probably created for the purpose from those liers to sell some more copy).

You conveniently changed your base now realying on lawyers and others but in the beginning (see you posts in the first pages) you were just riding the emotional wave provided on news.
Like I said before, EVERYONE had opinions about the case. The only reason I dont see you harping on others for their opinions is because you disagree with mine. Get over it...people are going to have opinions on high profile cases while the facts come out. Many people still feel they hear the word "coons" on the audio tape and thats not gonna change. The media didnt drum that one up, regular people with ears came to that conclusion themselves.

The reason Im now relying on lawyers is because the system has finally charged the guy and this will go to trial. Before that was done people could do nothing but hope for a trial and give their opinions. So im not being convenient as much as youd like to think so. Im simply moving along with the case and it moves along. Now that the legal system is going to prosecute this guy, theres no reason for me to speculate anymore. Angela Cory went a step further than I would have even gone with her murder two charge...so its in her hands now. If there was no arrest, everyone would still be free to have all the opinions they want. Now that there will be a trial, its time for the court to decide what happened and what happens.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Like I said before, EVERYONE had opinions about the case. The only reason I dont see you harping on others for their opinions is because you disagree with mine. Get over it...people are going to have opinions on high profile cases while the facts come out. Many people still feel they hear the word "coons" on the audio tape and thats not gonna change. The media didnt drum that one up, regular people with ears came to that conclusion themselves.

The reason Im now relying on lawyers is because the system has finally charged the guy and this will go to trial. Before that was done people could do nothing but hope for a trial and give their opinions. So im not being convenient as much as youd like to think so. Im simply moving along with the case and it moves along. Now that the legal system is going to prosecute this guy, theres no reason for me to speculate anymore. Angela Cory went a step further than I would have even gone with her murder two charge...so its in her hands now. If there was no arrest, everyone would still be free to have all the opinions they want. Now that there will be a trial, its time for the court to decide what happened and what happens.
Yeah if yours were only opinions while you felt the need to ridicule other users who shown theirs, or call non-sense what they said?
The truth is that you tought to be right from the beginning,got emotional when your mistakes were pointed out and become defensive when asked for evidences.

The only line I can agree with you is that is gonna be the court to give a final answer (as long as the angry mob threath wont be more powerful than evidences on the trial), is that so hard to respect other point of views especially when there's not evidence of proof in any direction?

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who Dares Win said:
Yeah if yours were only opinions while you felt the need to ridicule other users who shown theirs, or call non-sense what they said?
The truth is that you tought to be right from the beginning,got emotional when your mistakes were pointed out and become defensive when asked for evidences.
Oh give me a break with your selective memory. As soon as I made a post in this thread I was attacked for "not thinking critically" or for "being too emotional"... which is basically code for "I dont agree with your point of view so Im going to attack your character and dismiss your points without actually addressing them."

People stand behind their opinions when it comes to many things, and Im not the only one who does it. Plenty of people in this thread feel they are right, but since you dont agree with me, you ignore your behavior and others and choose to argue with me...funny. Stop talking about this whole "defensive" thing and what "mistakes" Ive made. You have a really hypocritical and selective judgement if you dont recognize yourself doing the same thing. Would you like me to quote the instances in which youve exhibited the behavior you criticize?

Everyone defends their position with responses. You calling me defensive is again not focusing on what I said and basically making character judgments in an attempt to discredit me. Get a new shtick. I did not know someone defending their position was such a bad thing...but I guess it is when people want to shut you up and just agree with them. :rolleyes:
The only line I can agree with you is that is gonna be the court to give a final answer (as long as the angry mob threath wont be more powerful than evidences on the trial), is that so hard to respect other point of views especially when there's not evidence of proof in any direction?
I could ask you and others the same question. I didnt see you breathing down the neck of any Zimmerman defenders in this thread, and they were making assertions without all the facts just like everyone else did. But god forbid someone have the opinion that Zimmerman is guilty of criminal activity...I didnt see you harping on others claiming Martin was a thug when theres no evidence to that. Its easy to see which camp you are in based on the fact that you only attack one side of the fence. Its all good though...justice will be served, and some juicy facts will be coming to light in the months to come. I have a lot of faith in Angela Cory. Shes a pitbull in court...I like that in a lady. Reminds me of Abbie Carmichael from Law & Order

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Oh give me a break with your selective memory. As soon as I made a post in this thread I was attacked for "not thinking critically" or for "being too emotional"... which is basically code for "I dont agree with your point of view so Im going to attack your character and dismiss your points without actually addressing them."

People stand behind their opinions when it comes to many things, and Im not the only one who does it. Plenty of people in this thread feel they are right, but since you dont agree with me, you ignore your behavior and others and choose to argue with me...funny. Stop talking about this whole "defensive" thing and what "mistakes" Ive made. You have a really hypocritical and selective judgement if you dont recognize yourself doing the same thing. Would you like me to quote the instances in which youve exhibited the behavior you criticize?

Everyone defends their position with responses. You calling me defensive is again not focusing on what I said and basically making character judgments in an attempt to discredit me. Get a new shtick. I did not know someone defending their position was such a bad thing...but I guess it is when people want to shut you up and just agree with them. :rolleyes:

I could ask you and others the same question. I didnt see you breathing down the neck of any Zimmerman defenders in this thread, and they were making assertions without all the facts just like everyone else did. But god forbid someone have the opinion that Zimmerman is guilty of criminal activity...I didnt see you harping on others claiming Martin was a thug when theres no evidence to that. Its easy to see which camp you are in based on the fact that you only attack one side of the fence. Its all good though...justice will be served, and some juicy facts will be coming to light in the months to come. I have a lot of faith in Angela Cory. Shes a pitbull in court...I like that in a lady. Reminds me of Abbie Carmichael from Law & Order
I didnt put any pressure on anybody, I only pointed out evident fallacies,yours in particular.
No I dont know that tv series, I dont usually watch tv series with women in dominant position, but when I do it's because I dont have the remote controller.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who Dares Win said:
I didnt put any pressure on anybody, I only pointed out evident fallacies,yours in particular.
Lol more selective memory. You only pointed out so called "fallacies" that didnt back up Zimmerman. I saw you say nothing about those making opinions based on real fallacies about Martins character nor did you criticize those who based their opinions on uncorroborated testimony by Zimmerman.

Selective criticism and selective memory is not very suiting for anyone.
No I dont know that tv series, I dont usually watch tv series with women in dominant position, but when I do it's because I dont have the remote controller.
Lol...god forbid you watch a tv show with female prosecutors huh? Oh wells. It was a pretty popular show when it was on TV, so Im surprised you never heard of it. But hey, not everyones gonna be a fan of models who turn into actors and play sex and hard nosed district attorneys on tv.

Either way, Im done with this circular argument with you. Its clearly a waste of my posts speaking to someone whos clearly hypocritical about their own behavior and cant recognize that the same things they lambast others for, they do themselves.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Lol more selective memory. You only pointed out so called "fallacies" that didnt back up Zimmerman. I saw you say nothing about those making opinions based on real fallacies about Martins character nor did you criticize those who based their opinions on uncorroborated testimony by Zimmerman.

Selective criticism and selective memory is not very suiting for anyone.

Lol...god forbid you watch a tv show with female prosecutors huh? Oh wells. It was a pretty popular show when it was on TV, so Im surprised you never heard of it. But hey, not everyones gonna be a fan of models who turn into actors and play sex and hard nosed district attorneys on tv.

Either way, Im done with this circular argument with you. Its clearly a waste of my posts speaking to someone whos clearly hypocritical about their own behavior and cant recognize that the same things they lambast others for, they do themselves.
Your fantasy is amazing, you should combine it with your emotivity and write soap operas, you would be rich and maybe get a corner spot at oprah show(especially because your average post is at the same level of her guests).

Anyway I dont live in usa so most of the tv series u name are not shown here,we mostly have actorns who turn into actors and models who remain models till they are too old.

Last edited:

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a thread of circular dumbness and I'll leave it at that.

Actually I'll leave it at this and address the dumbest point in this thread. If slavery was not about racism because Blacks owned slaves then where are all the White slaves owned by Black masters? If it was truly an exercise in capitalism where the only color that mattered was green certainly all races would be enslaved and enslaving at least somewhat noticable numbers. But those numbers don't exist because that particular racial angle was completely and totally illegal.

Sir Psycho Sexy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
FairShake said:
If it was truly an exercise in capitalism where the only color that mattered was green certainly all races would be enslaved and enslaving at least somewhat noticable numbers. But those numbers don't exist because that particular racial angle was completely and totally illegal.
http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/whtslav.htm

10 seconds searching on google ^

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A Union officer imprisoned at Andersonville Georgia wrote a diary, in which he noted that escapees from the prison soon learned that it was only the slaves who worked the typical hard labor in the field who would aid in their escape. They learned to check hands for callouses as the sign of hard labor, because if the slave they encountered had a house job, then that slave would trick them and lead them back to their captors. Those slaves actually were rooting for the South to win, because slavery insured them a life at least one step above the very bottom.

At that time in human history, everyone and everything was racist. The word was a synonym for "human." Whoever the good guys are supposed to be in the 1860's, if you could put them in a time machine, bring them to the present and put them in front of a tv camera, it would take about ten seconds for them to say something so ungodly racist that everyone hated them. So when there are no people who are not racist, then the word really doesn't mean anything from the perspective of that time. It's like accusing them of not being able to drive a car.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Your insults might mean something, if perhaps you could point me to what country was selling white slaves that the US refused to purchase?

Again, slavery and racism are two entirely separate concepts. Either can exist without the other and they in fact did.

I was asked for references, I cited them. It is easy to see that both existed separate from one another at that time. There were black slave-owners,and there were very successful black businessmen during the time of slavery. One who even had honors erected in the city in his favor.

So please, again, someone tell me how slavery was completely about racism in the face of the evidence I have provided?

It wasn't. It was about property (with slavery considered a raw material). That is not to say racism didn't exist, because it certainly did. But only a fkn idiot can not see there is a difference between racism and slavery, they do not have to be coincident, and that racism is not a prerequisite for slavery.
Firstly, FairShake was attacking the point, not you. If you werent so emotionally connected to your viewpoint you would not see what he said as an insult. He called the point dumb, not you.

Secondly, you seem to still be having trouble grasping what he and I have said.

Racism and slavery are two different concepts, but racism was used as an excuse and a reason for enslaving mainly blacks in America. Like FairShake said, if it wasnt about color and more about the money, then there would have been far greater numbers of white and native american slaves. But the fact of the matter is that the VAST majority of slaves were African.

Americans chose to enslave blacks...they chose to sail ships across the ocean and bring over blacks even though there were plenty of white people and native americans to enslave. Why is this? Can you explain why almost all chattel slaves were black? It was racism. Whites felt that white people and natives were above chattel...they felt black were subhumans of the lowest form and used that thinking to rationalize the use of blacks as chattel.

You have yet to give any of us here a good reason as to why those in power did not use whites and native americans as chattel in the way they used blacks. Please explain this. Why send people across the seas for black slaves when theres plenty of other people in America already?

The only evidence you provided was that a few non black slaves existed...and that does nothing to disprove my points. So answer my questions finally. Blacks were considered property, as well as their families...aka chattel. Why did this sort of treat not happen the same way to a large number of whites or native americans?

Only a fvking idiot cannot see that the racial makeup of the chattel population was because of racism. Only a fvking idiot cannot see that blacks were enslaved and not native americans, because of racism. Hence, chattel slavery of Africans was based on racism.

If slavery wasnt about racism, then many, many, whites would have been chattel. But they werent.
Danger said:
Even today, we are filled with racism, it is just invisible to people who do not have eyes.

Hell, citing diversity (which is so very common today) is the very epitome of racism. It implies that blacks have "black ideas", that whites have "white ideas", etc,.....Really, what could be more racist than that?

But again, that does not mean slavery was completely a product of racism. Black slaves were the vast majority of slaves on the market, so they were the slaves purchased. They were not enslaved due to racism, they were not bought due to racism. They were property which were captured and enslaved and then sold into a market that was looking for slaves. Blacks bought them even.

Were the vikings racist? They had white slaves.

Were the chinese racist when they enslaved their own people?

Were the african tribes that enslaved their defeated foes racist?

It may be a good idea to do some extensive research on slavery in history before throwing out statements like "slavery was all about racism".
You try and divert the convo onto other regions of the world when we here are talking about America. If one group of people enslave another group of people on the basis of their race, then that is racist. So if Africans enslaved other africans because they were black, then that would be racist...but Africans didnt enslave other blacks because of that. They enslaved them because they conquered those people in war.

If American slavery was not about racism then blacks wouldnt have been the only ones sought after. Blacks werent slaves just because blacks were brought here as slaves...the reason blacks were slaves had to do with what racists back in the day thought about blacks.

They brought them over in ships instead of saving money and capturing whites and natives because they felt blacks were mentally inferior and physically made to do all the labor. They felt blacks were subhuman and thus justified enslaving blacks on that basis. Racists of the old day felt whites were too good to be chattel. And they felt native americans were too good for it also. If slavery wasnt chiefly about racism, why give natives their own land? Why not just enslave them? Why waste monetary and human resources by going on trips across the world for black slaves?

Blacks were sold into the market because of racism. If slavery was simply about free market and making cash, then there would have been plenty of documented white and native chattel.

All of the racist thinking that whites of the past had regarding blacks is well documented. So its not hard for most people to see the relationship between racism and slavery. Just like theres enough evidence about Hitlers hate for the jews, that one cannot say the Holocaust was simply about killing non aryans.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sir Psycho Sexy said:
You could've used 10 seconds to check that your article wasn't talking about the United States and that the North Africans in question aren't Black.

Your insults might mean something, if perhaps you could point me to what country was selling white slaves that the US refused to purchase?
The Ottoman empire and Crimean Khanate had White slaves that they sold in the Middle East for example. White slavery absolutely existed in other parts of the world during the existence of slavery in the United States. Not one White slave was purchased by an American, let alone a Black American.

But since you are still doubting it take a look at some of the so-called "slave codes" in various states from the 1600s on. Virginia's slave code of 1705 is especially frank in it's opinion on the status of race and slavery:

"All servants imported and brought into the Country...who were not Christians in their native Country...shall be accounted and be slaves. All Negro, mulatto and Indian slaves within this dominion...shall be held to be real estate."

Any non-Christian of Black, mixed race, or Native American heritage who was brought into Virginia was a slave. They applied the law only to people of those particular races thereby intrinsically linking slavery and race in American history. It was the law of the land.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aia/part1/1p268.html

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Fairshake,

You are proving my point for me. Why do you suppose that Christianity is the Dominant clause in the determination of a slave? As opposed to race?

I never said they were not linked, I objected to Jaylans assertation that slavery was all about racism. This assertation is far from the truth. Race was but a subset of slavery. Neither was it always prominent as evidenced by my references cited regarding black slave-owners and prominent black public figures.

Obviously, by your text and the link, it was considerably about religion (since non-christian whites could be slaves), as well as about property. This augments my position alongside prominent blacks and black slave owners.

Slavery was not all about racism.
Again....just because blacks owned slaves does not mean race was not a prominentfactor in them owning slaves. Those few blacks who did own slaves only owned blacks slaves....why? Because of the racist chattel slavery system that made it so only blacks were chattel. The fact that a few black slave owners existed does not change this. Just because some suck ups decide to join in with the haters does not mean hate doesnt exist.

Like an early poster said, some jews helped Hitler by ratting out other jews. Does that mean Hitlers rampage had nothing to do with persecuting jews solely for their ethnicity? No...it means he was being bigoted towards jews, despite the few traitors that existed.
Danger said:
This whole comment is full of fail.....you still have yet to provide evidence of a seller of white slaves.

We already know that Native Americans were slaves, but few were enslaving them, so only a tiny proportion was coming into the market relative to blacks.

You seem to have trouble grasping that blacks were the vast majority of slaves being sold (coming from africa tribal warfare), which in turn does not make the purchaser racist. And it certainly does not mean that slavery was all about racism.
What are you talking about? Im not trying to prove whites were slaves. YOU ARE. YOU are the one who was talking about how whites were slaves too and how blacks were slave owners. YOU are the one whos been arguing that racism wasnt the main thing in chattel slavery and Ive been telling you it is. You just now even said that Native Americans were a tiny portion of slaves...which is basically what Ive been saying the entire damn time. Whites were never chattel...and if anything they were indentured servants. Thats different from slaves. And like I have been saying the whole time, this is because racism made it that blacks were chosen as slaves.

Blacks were the vast majority of slaves being sold because of racism. What part of that cant you understand? The purchasers were racist because they didnt seek out other races to make slaves. Blacks were made slaves because of all the reasons Ive pointed out before. Chattel slavery in America was rooted in racism. Any historian will tell you this. End of discussion.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
I never said that whites were slaves. You are obviously getting lost.

Blacks were the vast majority of slaves BECAUSE THEY WERE THE MAIN PRODUCT ON THE MARKET!

Merchants purchased the slaves from African tribes and sold them in the US and other parts of the world.

Where were merchants able to purchase white slaves? Please provide evidence that they chose not to purchase white (non-christian) slaves and then you have a case for it being about racism.
My bad...I got your argument mixed in with that other guy who was bringing up white slaves and slaves from other parts of the world.

Either way, blacks were not the vast majority of slaves simply because they were the main market. They were the main market because of racism. And its because of this racism which made them the main market, they of couse became the majority of slaves. The idea of slavery existed long before Americans bought or kidnapped Africans. But racism is why they thought blacks were to be used as chattel and not whites or natives.

Merchants could have easily bought arab slaves and white slaves from north africa, but they saw blacks as being the subhumans who were fit to be slaves. Racism fueled the thinking of Americans in who they thought could be slaves. Again...the idea slavery existed before Americans obtain Africans as property. But chattel slavery was something they saw fitting for blacks. The racist thoughts of superiority that whites felt in regards to blacks is well documented for those times.

You asked for some info on how racism and slavery tie into one another. So read each of these and take your time. As I keep telling you, slavery has existed in so many societies, so why would Americans chose to use monetary and human resources to bring slaves from Africa to America, when theres plenty of slaves that could have been had that already were in America? Why did white feel blacks were deserved of slavery?

http://www.unesco.org/bpi/eng/unescopress/2001/01-91e.shtml

http://www.isreview.org/issues/26/roots_of_racism.shtml

http://www.innercity.org/holt/slavechron.html

MaddXMan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It was considered proper to enslave blacks because blacks were believed to the biblical cursed descendents of Cham.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^Which is also a good point. Many people twisted religion and science to fit their racist views. The Mormons did it with their religion...and we all know how racist eugenics was.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Fairshake,

You are proving my point for me. Why do you suppose that Christianity is the Dominant clause in the determination of a slave? As opposed to race?
How is Christianity the Dominant clause in the determination of a slave? Nothing in my cited passage above indicates that. The absence of Christianity plays the same part as race in the determination of a slave in the Virginia slave codes. So if you consider Christianity dominant you have to consider race dominant since it was cited just as often as Christianity.

And since most slaves eventually turned to Christianity it became far less dominant as time went on.

Obviously, by your text and the link, it was considerably about religion (since non-christian whites could be slaves), as well as about property. This augments my position alongside prominent blacks and black slave owners.
No, according to the text non-Christian Whites could not be slaves. The codes limited slavery to non-Christian Blacks, Native Americans, and mixed race people. You are using very tendentious reasoning to argue your point and ignoring the facts as they are laid out. Race was the dominant reason to identify slaves. White supremacy became the rallying point for the continued support of slavery...even by people who didn't own slaves and actually had to compete with slavery for jobs.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Then you have the subset, the following argument. Which specifies race, only after removing the Christian segment, and clarifies the definition of slaves to consider them property similar to real estate.

Thus, religion was the number one defining factor.
You cannot make that assumption from the passage above. 0% of White non-Christians were slaves in the United States. As time went on virtually all Black slaves became Christian. Religion was a factor in this slave code but clearly NOT the deciding factor in American slavery.