Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Trayvon Martin discussion

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sure both were at fault. Martin was probably suspicious enough for Zimmerman to target him. Martin probably got pissed that Zimmerman was on his case so he attacked him. Zimmerman shot him in self-defense.

I don't think there's any doubt that Zimmerman shot in self-defense, technically speaking. I think the bigger question is who prompted the confrontation to begin with.

Seems like it could have been avoided a number of ways:

- Martin shouldn't have been in a nicer neighborhood looking suspicious. Sorry, but that's not a racial issue. If you look like a thug, you'll get treated like a thug. Had he been dressed in a suit, I highly doubt anyone would have said a word to him.
- Zimmerman shouldn't have confronted him, but rather called the police if he suspected suspicious activity.

Maybe it was racially motivated, maybe it wasn't. Seems to me like the media is working WAY too hard to make it racial. I love how they show pictures of Trayvon when he was like 12 to make it seem like a little kid got killed. Now his family is trying to make money off his name? Give me a break.

I'll just let the process play out before judging. I know many other people get killed everyday in this country without all this ridiculous racial fanfare.

r0cky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
America's problem isn't racism, thats just a byproduct of the real issue.

you guys need to turn off all the distractions from the media and start taking action in your lives.

Upside

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
I feel angry that Zimmerman was never even arrested.

It's clear to me that a lot of white people still fear black men. It wasn't enough for us to move away from the cities. We have our drab cookie cutter suburban existence, and it's clear to me that too many whites still want to exclude blacks.

If Trevon were white, I don't think Zimmerman would have ever bothered confronting the young man.

if he's never put on trial for murder, there will likely be riots, and I don't blame blacks for doing so. They're angry as hell that racism is still being upheld within the legal aspects of American society.

Sad.
Zimmerman is hispanic. If he was black, I don't think the media would be pushing this story as much as they have been. This isn't a white vs. black issue to me, but clearly there is still a long way to go in regard to racial harmony between everybody.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the way it was handled in the media was to create maximum sensation, but I think the main outrageous fact was that Zimmerman was let free so quickly.

It doesn't help that groups like the Black Panther put a 10,000 dollar bounty on his head and Spike Lee tweeted Zimmermann's address (inciting violence against him) and he even got the fvcking address wrong.

There is a reason Martin Luther King Jr got so much respect while nobody gives a fvck about the Black Panthers or Spike Lee lol.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
It's clear to me that a lot of white people still fear black men.
I don't fear black mean. I fear thugs. If I pull up to a gas station with my family, and there are some thugs loitering, either I drive away or my hand is on my pistol. Sorry, I've been in that situation a time or two.

Espi said:
It wasn't enough for us to move away from the cities. We have our drab cookie cutter suburban existence
In my opinion, I'd rather live in a somewhat safe neighborhood and deal with HOA or PTA drama than have to routinely go to the gas stations I mentioned above.

Espi said:
it's clear to me that too many whites still want to exclude blacks.
Maybe some, but the problem is that good people want to exclude CRIME. If you look like a criminal/thug/etc., you will get treated like one. It's very simple. I don't know who made the dress code, but I do know the dress code. If you embody the stereotype, reality says it'll be reflected on you.

We all want to live in peace in harmony? Well, let's do it. But don't ignore reality. Reality says that people are different, alot different. That's why I don't understand why skin color gets so much play. I don't like fake people...does that make me a fak-cial bigot or something???? Come on folks, acknowledge that black people, hispanic people, white people, etc. are all different, but at the end of the day, we're still PEOPLE.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The guy exagerated but lets not hide the fact that a man doesnt like disturbing elements or thug look a like running around our property of family.

It's not a matter of skin color as speeddawg said, its simply that if you show yourself as a certain way people will accept what you are showing and act accordingly.
I bet a white blond guy covered in tatoos with iron hanging from his ears and nose wouldnt be treated so differently just like the darkest guy dressed in shorts and t-shirt jogging with an mp3 reader wouldnt be disturbed at all.

Of course media force the racism frame, racism never fail to create the indignation right-thinkers crave or mobilize intellectuals bored in their living rooms.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If Zimmerman had trained about an hour of jiu-jitsu, he would have learned enough so that a 16 year-old kid couldn't just jump on him and beat his ass. Then Trayvon would still be alive.

I believe that guns should be legal. I also believe that able-bodied men have no business carrying them around. It's different if you're someone who is not capable of fighting back, like a little old lady or someone who is physically handicapped. Otherwise, you have to learn how to handle yourself in open-handed combat. Using a gun as an excuse to be a typical fat, out-of-shape American who won't do anything physical like train in martial arts will only get you into trouble and tragedies, which is exactly what happened to Zimmerman.

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Make no mistake: If the races had been reversed, Zimmerman would have been already arrested and on his way to death row right now. Right wing media would be praising Martin as a hero who stood up against a dangerous predator and thug. There wouldnt be any bullsh!t about blaming the kids clothing (hoodies can get you killed apparantly) or trying to dismiss the story altogether.

This whole thing is a national disgrace.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Upside said:
Zimmerman is hispanic. If he was black, I don't think the media would be pushing this story as much as they have been. This isn't a white vs. black issue to me, but clearly there is still a long way to go in regard to racial harmony between everybody.
I would say that almost half (if not more) of hispanics in Florida are white. Gloria Estefan is white (pure Spanish). Her husband is pure Lebanese. Both are Cubans. Ricky Martin is white. Charlie Sheen is Hispanic. Andy Garcia is a white hispanic. There are even white Mexicans! Hispanic in Florida looks a lot different than Hispanic in Texas or California. Most of the Cubans who left when Castro took over were white (Spanish, Lebanese, Jews). What you see in Texas and California are Aztecs mixed with some Spanish blood. However, go into Mexico and you see lots of whites, Jews, Lebanese. Mitt Romney is very Mexican!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RzEgTr1RMko#t=24s
Mexican Romneys. White as they come. As Mexican as they come. Mexican people in Mexico understand this. If you were born in Mexico and raised in Mexico and live in Mexico you are Mexican. Regardless of what you look like.

Problem is that NONE of you have the money or the ability to travel. Wake up!

StateOfMind

Don Juan
Reaction score
@speeddawg ...Really? Who wears a suit and walks throughout a neighborhood. Zimmerman had past **** ups that you need to look at. But yes you're right, dress a certain way and be ready to be treated accordingly- positively or negatively. Something is wrong with zimmerman, thats why he shot the kid. This case shouldnt be about racism in america and all that jazz. just a ****ed up dude, which dad is a JUDGE, feels that he can get away with anything killing a young man.

What i collected, Zimmerman just seems like one of those low security officers that takes things way too seriously, like TSA workers etc...

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Florida, isn't that the place where 2 British tourists were shot by the 17 year old black kid for no good reason other than to perhaps rob them? How is Zimmerman supposed to know that he wasn't dealing with the same type of juvenile?

Florida is a place where, in gated communities, even white people are told that they should stay in their cars when they visit to have a look around. There is a siege mentality in Florida, and it isn't helped by poverty, ethnic division and a prison system which seems to mainly teach black people to be violent. If anyone disputes that you can watch the Louis Theroux documentary where he visits the main jail in Miami. In that jail they fight the way normal people would shake hands and introduce themselves. They will fight you to steal your shoes if they like them. So, after their release, good things are supposed to happen?

Blacks in Florida should stick to wearing Hawaian shirts, not hoodies, and then they would be less provocative to white men without felony convictions, who might have concealed carry permits.

U

user43770

Espi said:
Those black kids were immediately arrested and later imprisoned. Same thing SHOULD have happened to Zimmerman. He's literally gotten away with murder. He should have been arrested and then placed in a cell to await a trial by jury.

And it's NOT a citizen's responsibility to "know what they're dealing with." The 911 dispatcher instructed Zimmerman to back off, but Zimmerman chose to play cop and pursue.
You're letting your feelings get in the way. There isn't some racist conspiracy going on here; there is a "stand your ground" law. In my city, there was a gang shooting and the killer got off because the dead guys pulled first. You see, he was in fear for his life so the shooting was justified. I don't believe there is a law against neighborhood watch following a suspicious teenager. There is, however, a law against physically attacking someone - I believe it's a felony. The kid should have used words instead of fists, but no, he wanted to play the gangster. I'm not saying that Zimmerman is completely innocent, just that the kid was partially to blame.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hispanic isn't a race. Most Hispanics pass as white. The reason this has made so much news is because a white man shot a black man dead cold and isn't in jail. If we let this go who knows what would happen?

Sad thing about this is that it still happens to this day. A lady in Chicago got killed last week just like this.

Zimmerman is clearly prejudice and you can clearly hear him mumble "f*cking c00ns" in the phone call to the police.

and tell me guys how was Zimmerman and Martin in a fist fight? Look at the surveilance of Zimmerman at the police station. Face was clean as hell.

wait_out

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is my boring take:

1) 2 guys who aren't exactly inoculated to violence get in a scrap for unfortunate reasons
2) Gun is involved, panic ensues, the younger weaker one can't get the gun and gets the worst of it
3) Unprofessional cops fail to conduct a proper investigation, either from incompetence, laziness, or racist stereotypes
4) The guy who lived may have to deal with an uncoming murder charge -- and when lawyers come in, the truth becomes hard to know
5) America sees it on tv and internet and instantly starts flinging wild accusations and projections at everyone in sight with little regard for their own ignorance of events

I like my story, because the only way to avoid another tragic event like this would be to:

A) Try and not get in a fight you can't control
B) Realise that carrying a gun does not free you from responsible choices
C) Highlight the grave importance of NOT DOING YOUR FVCKING JOB
D) Understand that the effects of your actions may return to haunt you for a long time
E) Look before you leap, which neither Martin or Zimmerman did unfortunately.

But, God forbid we have a story which doesn't fit neatly into an American cultural narrative that we can use to sell laundry detergent to a rapt audience during commericals

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who Dares Win said:
The guy exagerated but lets not hide the fact that a man doesnt like disturbing elements or thug look a like running around our property of family.

It's not a matter of skin color as speeddawg said, its simply that if you show yourself as a certain way people will accept what you are showing and act accordingly.
I bet a white blond guy covered in tatoos with iron hanging from his ears and nose wouldnt be treated so differently just like the darkest guy dressed in shorts and t-shirt jogging with an mp3 reader wouldnt be disturbed at all.

Of course media force the racism frame, racism never fail to create the indignation right-thinkers crave or mobilize intellectuals bored in their living rooms.
Since when is a 17 yr old kid walking home wearing shorts and a hoodie a thug? A hoodie he was wearing in the rain. A hoodie which is a garment worn by all types of people.

Zimmerman profiled Martin. Plain and simple. The kid wasnt dressed like a thug the night he was killed.

Upside said:
Zimmerman is half white and half hispanic. Get your facts straight.

Btw Im pretty sure thered be a national outrage if the Martin was white and Zimmerman were black. Hell I doubt Zimmerman is ever not arrested if he was black.

People are outraged byt he fact that this guy was simply let off the hook. But there is a racial component in this case. Race is definitely a huge issue in this country still. Look up the killing of Kenneth Chamberlain by racist cops, and have your mind blown people.
BigJimbo said:
I would say that almost half (if not more) of hispanics in Florida are white. Gloria Estefan is white (pure Spanish). Her husband is pure Lebanese. Both are Cubans. Ricky Martin is white. Charlie Sheen is Hispanic. Andy Garcia is a white hispanic. There are even white Mexicans! Hispanic in Florida looks a lot different than Hispanic in Texas or California. Most of the Cubans who left when Castro took over were white (Spanish, Lebanese, Jews). What you see in Texas and California are Aztecs mixed with some Spanish blood. However, go into Mexico and you see lots of whites, Jews, Lebanese. Mitt Romney is very Mexican!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RzEgTr1RMko#t=24s
Mexican Romneys. White as they come. As Mexican as they come. Mexican people in Mexico understand this. If you were born in Mexico and raised in Mexico and live in Mexico you are Mexican. Regardless of what you look like.

Problem is that NONE of you have the money or the ability to travel. Wake up!
This.

The problem is most Americans are stupid and ignorant when it comes to whole race thing. Hispanic is an ethnicity, NOT a race. A lot of people dont get this. You can be black, white, mestizo, indigenous american, asian, etc, and still be hispanic. Being Hispanic means you are someone with a culture tied to the country of Spain.

The reason many Americans dont know this is because most hispanics we encounter are the brown, mestizo, or indigenous american looking hispanics. Why is this? Its because the underclass in latin american nations is mostly comprised of brown and black latinos so they come to the US for a better life. Latin America has a huge problem with racism and it prevents certain groups of people from being upwardly mobile.

TyTe`EyEz said:
You're letting your feelings get in the way. There isn't some racist conspiracy going on here; there is a "stand your ground" law. In my city, there was a gang shooting and the killer got off because the dead guys pulled first. You see, he was in fear for his life so the shooting was justified. I don't believe there is a law against neighborhood watch following a suspicious teenager. There is, however, a law against physically attacking someone - I believe it's a felony. The kid should have used words instead of fists, but no, he wanted to play the gangster. I'm not saying that Zimmerman is completely innocent, just that the kid was partially to blame.
And isnt Trayvon Martin allowed to stand his ground when someone is stalking him and later accosts him?

Look up the developing story on the killing of Kenneth Chamberlain if you do think racist conspiracies can happen with cases such as this one.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Since when is a 17 yr old kid walking home wearing shorts and a hoodie a thug? A hoodie he was wearing in the rain. A hoodie which is a garment worn by all types of people.

Zimmerman profiled Martin. Plain and simple. The kid wasnt dressed like a thug the night he was killed.
Thank you mr jaylan and now the jury be prepared to listen at the defence.

teacha

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Upside said:
uhmm, are people from Spain not white? What race do you say Pau Gasol is?

U

user43770

jaylan said:
And isnt Trayvon Martin allowed to stand his ground when someone is stalking him and later accosts him?

Look up the developing story on the killing of Kenneth Chamberlain if you do think racist conspiracies can happen with cases such as this one.
Of course he could defend himself. The problem is that the kid allegedly escaped the guy only to later attack him from behind. Judging from the huge gash on the back of the guy's head, I'm inclined to believe him. Once that happened, the kid became the aggressor. Zimmerman should have used better judgement, but the shooting seems to have been in self-defense, which means he's not a murderer. And I was under the impression that the guy was arrested and later released.

teacha

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
- Martin shouldn't have been in a nicer neighborhood looking suspicious. Sorry, but that's not a racial issue. If you look like a thug, you'll get treated like a thug. Had he been dressed in a suit, I highly doubt anyone would have said a word to him.
"I'm not a racist, but...."