Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Travelling is overrated

Reaction score
Now, I think 1-2 vacations a year with a couple of weekend breathers is completely normal. However, it can come to a point to where people use travel as an unhealthy cope/escape. I see a lot of topics about girls in fricking Romania or NYC on this board, but not a lot of self-improvement. It sickens to me to see someone that does not have his shvt together physically, financially, and mentally talking about geomaxing and black pill shvt. Use that money to improve yourself like hiring a therapist, physical trainer/going to a better gym, career self-development, etc. You do not need to go to Vegas with the boys every 2 months and London/Manilla are always going to be there.

I did a lot of my travelling when I was in spots in my life that I was trying to escape (like Nashville). Everything would be great, but I would always get super depressed and moody on the flights back and this would completely wipe out any previous happiness I had while travelling. I had to cope for my undesirable position in Nashville by taking at least 2 international trips a year. The people I see travelling frequently are people with a lot of toxicity in their life. AKA, I would be a millionaire if I had a nickel for all of the Travel Thots I run in to on Hinge, Tinder, and Instagram.

Last edited:

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Now, I think 1-2 vacations a year with a couple of weekend breathers is completely normal. However, it can come to a point to where people use travel as an unhealthy cope/escape. I see a lot of topics about girls in fricking Romania or NYC on this board, but not a lot of self-improvement. It sickens to me to see someone that does not have his shvt together physically, financially, and mentally talking about geomaxing and black pill shvt. Use that money to improve yourself like hiring a therapist, physical trainer/going to a better gym, career self-development, etc. You do not need to go to Vegas with the boys every 2 months and London/Manilla are always going to be there.

I did a lot of my travelling when I was in spots in my life that I was trying to escape (like Nashville). Everything would be great, but I would always get super depressed and moody on the flights back and this would completely wipe out any previous happiness I had while travelling. I had to cope for my undesirable position in Nashville by taking at least 2 international trips a year. The people I see travelling frequently are people with a lot of toxicity in their life. AKA, I would be a millionaire if I had a nickel for all of the Travel Thots I run in to on Hinge, Tinder, and Instagram.
Thats right….travelling can be a toxic drug because of its highs and inevitable lows.

There’s a saying and a quote that ‘ Wherever you are, is that where you’ll go’. It’s always a good idea to have your personal life in order before you go anywhere.

There’s a good chance you’ll take your baggage with you.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
You cannot find happiness externally if you already don't possess it internally.

People don't seem to get it. You can't do something hoping it will make you happy...it won't. It's like sweeping dirt under a rug and saying you cleaned the house. No you didn't. You simply moved the dirt from a visible place to a place where it isn't seen, but the dirt is still there and when the rug gets moved there it is again.

Traveling to hope it makes you happy is an expensive way to find out you will still be miserable inside if you haven't found happiness internally.

M

member160292

I'll admit, there are few destinations that I would like to travel which offers more than where I'm living. I find most of my travel is for work.

It's great to approach since knowing you will never see your target or anyone else in the bar again, takes off a huge amount of pressure.

Reaction score
Disagree. Travel is so much fun. I travel for work & pleasure. Solo & accompanied. Always something fun & interesting.
Travelling is fun, but I think it should be used as an award/refresher not an escape mechanism like I see most people utilizing it for

One thing I've noticed is that women these days have an obsessions with two things: trendy restaurants and travelling. They literally live for those two things. It's the shallowest kind of existence.
It is because those are the two things, they can control at their point of their lives. They can't leave their crappy corporate job and they cannot attract a high smv long term.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't travelled overseas since 2012. It is supposed to be a detox if you travel to the right place.

f(x)

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t like crowds or delays or bad luck.
Otherwise I like jetting around the world.
I like adventure travel and challenging terrain.
I’m planning a South Pacific surf trip in ‘23.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Travelling to have new experiences and see new parts of the world is valid. I've cherished most of the trips I've been on. People who spend their whole lives in the same place are miserable. Plus it breaks up the monotony of your life and slows down your perception of time when you have novel experiences peppered in.

Travelling (and moving to another place) for escapism is retarded though, because as others have said, you bring with you all your baggage when you go, so the destination is only as good as the traveller. There's a balance to be found.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

There's a lot that goes into travel and sightseeing. It can be a whirlwind of activity and not relaxing. Staying at home and doing very little can be more relaxing.

BadWatermelon

Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing I've noticed is that women these days have an obsessions with two things: trendy restaurants and travelling. They literally live for those two things. It's the shallowest kind of existence.
Because they're expensive status symbols.

BadWatermelon

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's something freeing about taking a break from your everyday routine that you don't get with a staycation. You can go out to eat and not worry about cooking meals for the rest of the week.

Eventually, though, you'll get bored with travel, just like anything else in life.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the weak minds, traveling is overrated

For someone pursuing excellence and who works from a laptop and phone, traveling is just another benefit of a sovereign individual.
I agree. People who overrate travel are weak AF and shouldn't be allowed to exist.

Maybe these depopulation proponents were right.

What think you, Roober? Shouldn't we just off all of these provincial idiots?

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would never again date a chick who is obsessed with traveling. They dont give a flying fvck about anything but their little trip when it comes down to it.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I travelled basically in 90% of european countries, never for less than a week...short trips are pointless for any plan.

I believe that travelling should be done either to consider other living options or to get what you miss in your main country...needless to say it has to come from a position of strenght not from frustration, sudden needs or to escape a crappy life.

Self improvement should be the main goal of every man that is not satisfied with his life standard.

Let women be the ones "finding themselves" travelling randomly only to be back at the starting point just less young.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
I live in Australia, where it takes 12 hours and thousands of dollars to fly to Europe, it's a gigantic amount of effort especially if the trip is only for a week or two.

Traveling within Australia is not that exciting, this is a very boring country. What is there to do in sydney? See a bridge or an opera house?

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. People who overrate travel are weak AF and shouldn't be allowed to exist.

Maybe these depopulation proponents were right.

What think you, Roober? Shouldn't we just off all of these provincial idiots?
That’s very poor planning, sounds like something an incel May say

Who’s going to serve my burgers,wait tables and clean my hotel rooms?

Everyone has a role in their life. They can elevate or stick on the path of mediocrity. Most choose the latter.