Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Transitioning into LTR: How long should you vet a plate for?

Reaction score
I had an exception one time. I had a plate that was older than me that I was smashing for eight months. Very low key and casual but she did a lot of sweet things. She never asked for exclusivity. One day out of the blue (month eight) she asked if I wanted to take her ring shopping. I laughed, and she broke down crying. Turns out she thought we were in a relationship the whole time.
Older women are going to be more aggressive about LTRs than younger women usually. Women don't just do sweet things for every man. Women tend to treat their orbiters like dog shvt and worship the men they like.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Usually it is a process of elimination.....She sets herself up as the "one to beat" by her actions. Eventually you let the 3rd and 4th string go. You don't hold "tryouts" for new talent. New women don't look as good.

If you go looking for faults in a person, don't be surprised when you find them. Nobody is perfect. You sure as hell ain't.

By the same token, don't judge someone on a single episode. If there becomes a pattern, then deal with it, or set a boundary and stick to it. Don't expect another person to not be susceptible to Human nature. Instead look at how they deal with it.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting if making her wait for so long is disadvantageous if you are looking for a happy marriage/LTR, right?

I believe you may be perceived as phony or using if you are postponing her questions about a LTR for months. So you would have to feed her some 'LTR-crumbs' step-by-step. Probably it's just a natural process. You know you can pull this off if she's interested enough. You will be scared she will 'get away' if you know she's not interested enough. Maybe that's just the secret, if you are in the scarcity mindset she has already disqualified herself.
Most women know when you are feeding them bullsh1t. And most higher caliber women (women who are HB 8+) that have a lot of options for higher SMV guys are not going to be strung along for generally more than 4-6 months tops (sometimes less than that) without some type of clear commitment. Hence why, while I think String's 2-5 years has some merit, in practice I don't think it's very realistic.

If you can string along a girl for more than 6 months without her asking for commitment, she is either low quality or she actually doesn't like you that much to want commitment. Which might be mutually beneficial if that is what you are going for. But most women want commitment.

M

member160292

Usually it is a process of elimination.....She sets herself up as the "one to beat" by her actions. Eventually you let the 3rd and 4th string go. You don't hold "tryouts" for new talent. New women don't look as good.

If you go looking for faults in a person, don't be surprised when you find them. Nobody is perfect. You sure as hell ain't.

By the same token, don't judge someone on a single episode. If there becomes a pattern, then deal with it, or set a boundary and stick to it. Don't expect another person to not be susceptible to Human nature. Instead look at how they deal with it.
The bold part is quite fascinating in my case. Call it Oneitus or whatever, but it was exactly what happened to me, I was no longer interested in prospecting because they weren't as good looking and would be a waste of time to pursue.
It was a process of elimination. Telling the other plates that I'm ending it was brutal emotionally for me, I can't imagine how they feel on their end.
Spinning plates helped me decide my ideal relationship, it became a hassle keeping up, prospecting and changing the lineup. I was too focused on chasing tail and didn't help me improve who I am. I respect you perpetual plate spinners out there.

Most women know when you are feeding them bullsh1t. And most higher caliber women (women who are HB 8+) that have a lot of options for higher SMV guys are not going to be strung along for generally more than 4-6 months tops (sometimes less than that) without some type of clear commitment. Hence why, while I think String's 2-5 years has some merit, in practice I don't think it's very realistic.

If you can string along a girl for more than 6 months without her asking for commitment, she is either low quality or she actually doesn't like you that much to want commitment. Which might be mutually beneficial if that is what you are going for. But most women want commitment.
The plate (26) I eventually committed to was the most level-headed and hottest of the bunch. She knows her worth, direct in her approach and made dating her extremely easy. She gave me all the chances to make it work. There was no doubt she was willing to walk away and find someone else. If it was a bluff, there's no way most rational men would make that call.

CyrusTheGreat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Plate game and LTR game or I should say narratives are quite different.
Without relationship there are some things you cant put into practice at all..plates are necissary in my exp. The stakes are lower. LTR is much higher
10$ bet verses a 1k$ bet.

The reason plates are important is to sharpen the Iron before you go full rouge alpha in your LTR (usually late, ill timed and eratic, do to her behavior) with speratic demands and expectations you did not impliment in the beginning (or she picked up on) because you havent devoloped enough frame to know what you want in the first place.

Women that are into you will swim across a swamp for you with or without a ring.
The one who demands a ring on her terms is one to avoid because shes in her lockdown mind to extract recources.
MOAS.
If you go mono do it on your terms. Not hers
Golden advice here!