"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Topics women use when initiating texts

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2018
Messages
1,573
Reaction score
3,272
Age
50
I've noticed with nearly all the women I've dated in the last year, when they initiate texts with me, they are saying something about themselves. What they are doing, what they are excited about, something that happened to them, etc. They almost never initiate texts by asking me a question. When I initiate texts (which is extremely rare after we start sleeping together), I usually ask a question to start the conversation...... I mean, that's the same thing I'd do when approaching someone on the street or starting up conversation with someone I know in real life. So it does seem strange how women (at least the ones I've dated) always start texts with a note about themselves.

Have you noticed the same?
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2015
Messages
10,539
Reaction score
8,538
Age
37
Nope. Usually I get "hey" or "good morning" texts.

Text messaging is stupid. It's just a woman's way of getting your attention. What they say actually doesn't matter. My ex always texts me "." Just attention seeking BS. I always respond by making a date or if the date is already set up just deflecting into something funny for a few exchanges then letting it die. If they really try to have lame "how are you?" conversations I have one response:

"Call me."
 

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
7,175
Reaction score
5,571
Nope. Usually I get "hey" or "good morning" texts.

Text messaging is stupid. It's just a woman's way of getting your attention. What they say actually doesn't matter. My ex always texts me "." Just attention seeking BS. I always respond by making a date or if the date is already set up just deflecting into something funny for a few exchanges then letting it die. If they really try to have lame "how are you?" conversations I have one response:

"Call me."
Call you?

Man,

 

logicallefty

Moderator
Joined
Apr 26, 2006
Messages
6,000
Reaction score
5,151
Age
52
Location
Northeast Florida, USA
I hate talking on the phone to ANYONE. Prefer texting. Voice quality on cell phones is one technology that has gone downhill. I never minded talking on old analog cell phones for those of you who know what those are (hint: Google 'Zack Morris phone' to see the one I had). But these phones now SUCK for talking. The quality isn't as good and calls drop too easily. Plus they are uncomfortable to hold to the ear and speaker phones suck. So do ear pieces. Did I say I hate talking on them yet?

The secret to good text game is don't do too much of it. Exchange a few texts maybe 4-5 each with your woman and stop for a while. Don't sit and do it all day. That's where a lot of guys kill themselves with texting, TOO MUCH of it.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
7,175
Reaction score
5,571
I hate talking on the phone to ANYONE. Prefer texting. Voice quality on cell phones is one technology that has gone downhill. I never minded talking on old analog cell phones for those of you who know what those are (hint: Google 'Zack Morris phone' to see the one I had). But these phones now SUCK for talking. The quality isn't as good and calls drop too easily. Plus they are uncomfortable to hold to the ear and speaker phones suck. So do ear pieces. Did I say I hate talking on them yet?

The secret to good text game is don't do too much of it. Exchange a few texts maybe 4-5 each with your woman and stop for a while. Don't sit and do it all day. That's where a lot of guys kill themselves with texting, TOO MUCH of it.
I dont agree with this necessarily. Text CONTENT is more important than text FREQUENCY.

They dont kill themselves due to frequency, they kill themselves due to content. But for those that don't understand this, when they text more frequently, they give themselves more chances to fvck up the content of the texts. For those who are good are texting, this is not an issue.
 
Top