Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

To the men who work in major cities/metro areas

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know what you people are on, but New Yorkers are the sweetest, kindes....ok, I'm sorry I couldn't finish typing that sentence with a straight face lol. Yeah it's a tough city, no one gives a damn about you, and you need to get things done, done, and done to survive. People are rude and when you try to be nice you just get cut down and mashed in the face with a boot. However, it is a place where things happen, money is to be made, and there are women from all over the world. You just have to unplug, let it go when you get home, and basically surround yourself with people that you have a good time with. Heh, easier said than done.

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally find the no bullsh*t attitude in New York refreshing. I really don't think people here are any more rude than anywhere else. You just run into more rude people because there are so many people here. The vast majority of people I interact with on any given day are perfectly well-mannered and appropriate. It's true that people aren't going to stop and talk to you but that's because people here are just busier.

As for the women, I agree that there's a bunch of dumb broads thinking they're living out a real life Sex And The City. But what's great about this town is that you don't have to put up with any sh*t; you have pretty much limitless options with regards to women. It's easier to develop an abundance mentality in NYC compared to most places.

Don_Dom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
I went to NYC for 2 months for training and was so ready to come back to the south I thought I hated. All I could think about was this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_sink

Now we have our problems down here with racism and class in the south, but I rather deal with that than deal with the masses of people in the NYC. I'm a small town guy at heart I guess. I like feeling like I can have a civil conversation and take time to get to know people and to do things well. All that rushing for what? I can be cynical here and still enjoy a better quality of life.
Don't know where you are but I've lived in several parts of the south my whole life (and spent a lot of time in nearly every corner of the region) aside from the time I was in nyc and I dont know any real racists. Years ago, yes, but now it is rare amongst anyone under 45 or 50, in my experience and, if you spend enough time there, you will be just as likely to find them up north. But then, I'm from a city. If you're from BFE, your milage will vary. And i hate to sound contrary, but "The South" does not equal "small town." There are small towns and everything that goes with it in every region of the country. If you find yourself in nyc missing the small town experience, you can always drive a few hours in most directions and have no problems finding small town America.

Again, not trying to jump on you but it annoys me to no end when people who aren't from here generalize about us and, most especially, when people from here say that the retarded bull**** that goes on in their ****hole town is what goes on everywhere down here....and that it's normal and everywhere else is just crazy. Actually there are a couple of entire states where people seem to constantly want to do this.

That said, I'm a true southerner, proud of where I'm from and proud of our history, but I loved the years I spent in nyc because it offered perspective I never would have gotten otherwise. I simultaneously came to love New York and renewed my love for the south. Most people in ny are not rude. They are in a hurry. And, in general, once you are friends with someone they are true friends. You quickly know how you stand with most everyone. Down here show me 10 people you know and I'll show you 8 people who are talking about you behind your back. In times of emergency, new yorkers pull together like anyone else. On 9/11 hundreds of police officers and fire fighters died because they ran into buildings that ultimately collapsed. In the days that followed the generwl public was asked to stop inquiring about volunteer opportunities because it was overwelming all concerned to the point that it was interfering with their missions. Compare that to New Orleans after katrina...A significant portion of the new orleans police went awol and some of them even engaged in looting. Hollywood celebrities made a big show of volunteering. When the blackout happened in nyc bars and restaraunts gave away free beer and food since it was going to go bad otherwise. In the years I've been back down here I can count on one hand the number of times I've gotten free anything under any circumstance from eating and drinking establishments I've spent thousands in.

There are good people everywhere, it's just different, is all, really.

Rubirosa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been to many parts of the World, and i can say without hesitation that the people of NYC are some of the friendliest people I've ever met. They have a no B.S. vibe about them, but nevertheless, very friendly

True story : On my first morning in New York, I went to a Manhattan Deli and was standing in line looking up at the menu.......

I made eye contact with one of the guys working behind the counter, and he says in that NY accent... "Howya doing ?"

I automatically say "Umm hi..I'll be ready to order in a moment....right now I'm still deciding....."

The guy goes....."No problem, I was just saying hi, this guy (motions to another dude) will take your order "........

Something like this would NEVER happen in LA

seasonedplayer

Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in nyc and can categorically say that women are trash here, incapable of being in a relationship. There are 2 types a) women that have high paying jobs, feel empowered and generally behave like men b) gold diggers

pierce_r

Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing about NYC is that it's a tough town, but everyone's in it together. There's a weird sense of community that arises from living in a ****ty, crazy place. Some people never understand that. I did a consulting gig in NYC for a few months and it took me a couple of weeks to get a handle on it but once I did it wasn't so bad. Now I go back a few times a year and I just roll with it.

I believe it was Carlin who said, "L.A. is a beautiful woman saying, 'F*** me.' New York is an ugly man saying, 'F*** YOU!'"