Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

TO STOP THE QUESTION OF HOW TO HANDLE CALLING A GIRL!

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Athough not as subjective a topic, it has been talked about on here almost as much as the existence of God. Hopefully this thread will not rack up as many replies
. The scope of this tip is use of the phone in the early stages. Let me just preface this by saying that this is not all my own original material. It's more of a collection of techniques I have learned from a number of sources (including here and ASF) that I have found to be the most effective in my real world experience, written in the hopes that it will result in not as many phone questions because there are more interesting things to be discussed.

When to call a girl you just met

Generally, anywhere from 2-10 days after getting her number depending on several things. The only thing you should not do under any circumstances whatsoever is call the same day or the next. The earlier you call the more desparate you will seem, but the higher the woman's interest level is the less she will think that. If a girl has an obviously high interest level, 2-4 days is appropriate. If you wait longer, you may end up in a situation where you have to rebuild her interest level in you. It is up to you to determine what her interest level is and whether or not to let her wait.

Since a good percentage of the women you meet will not be super high interest level right off the bat, it's good to wait 5-10 days to call some of them. This may seem like a long time, but in my experience it is better to call too late than too soon with a woman of questionable interest level.

Also, it's good to call two or three days before you plan to set up the date.

Answering Machines and Caller ID

During the first week of attempting to get a hold of her, don't leave a message and (in the U.S. and wherever else it's available) always dial *67 to protect yourself from caller ID. The only problem here is that some companies are offering a feature which automatically routes *67 calls to voice mail.

If the number is getting old (a week to 10 days) and you have not managed to reach her, bite the bullet and leave a message and here is how, "Hi it's <your name>, from <place you met> on <Saturday>. My number is 555-555-5555. It's too bad I couldn't get a hold of you. I was hoping we could...<click>". Hang up mid sentence, guaranteed to get a return phone call if she has any interest in you whatsoever. Never call her again if that doesn't produce a return call.

Also spend very little time on the phone in the early stages and don't call to BS, just to set up dates.

------------------
You either own the game or it owns you!

[This message has been edited by trickynick (edited 03-12-2002).]

PoachR75

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I second the motion.
This is the definitive answer to the question.
Tricky, the mid-sentence hangup is intriging -- I bet this is a great idea and will work, but I can't figure out WHY. Any theories?

derWichtigste

Don Juan
Reaction score
you are RIGHT, tricky...

thats why I has been saying we need a topic orientated DJ Bible..

ALL the stuff in there is GOLD, but you have to read the whole thing at once.

and if you are looking for sth quick and a certain topic, you cant find it.

your post would be the perfect start

------------------
If you do not control the way how you think, someone else will!
(my view on life, and finally found it in words in one of Pooks posts)

Ich bin vielleicht nicht der Beste, aber ich bin doch besser als die Reste
I am maybe not the best, but I am better than the rest!

If you cant think for yourself, and let others think for you, you deserve what happens to you.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PoachR75:

I second the motion.
This is the definitive answer to the question.
Tricky, the mid-sentence hangup is intriging -- I bet this is a great idea and will work, but I can't figure out WHY. Any theories?
Mystery. She can't handle not knowing what you wanted to do with her.

------------------
CASANOVA

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."
Eric Hoffer

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."
Voltaire

"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it."
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Gipper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Y'know, I was just thinking, "I can't find anything in the DJ Bible about proper phone technique".

Well, trickynick took care of that! Kudos!

Gipper

------------------
"There's nothing wrong with letting the girls know you're money, and that you want to party.
-Trent, from "Swingers"

"Keep your girlfriend away from me,
Just advice I’m giving you for free,
Wanna have every thing I see,
So keep your girlfriend away from me..."
-Local H, from "Here Comes The Zoo"

Powertrip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's so money. I think it would work because of GC's mystery factor, and it would be a great way to get her attention if she's screening her calls. (you *****)

I'm field testing this one (over and over and over..)

Amlothi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by trickynick:
It's too bad I couldn't get a hold of you. I was hoping we could...<click>". Hang up mid sentence, guaranteed to get a return phone call if she has any interest in you whatsoever.
FVCK YEAH, that rules Nick. I never thought of that, but that's great.

I wanna say though, that newbies seem to always think the girl has a high interest level. Always err on the side of waiting longer. I see so many guys posting on here who think she had a high interest with no proof of it whatsoever. Don't confuse YOUR high interest with hers! (read the sig)

Great tip though. Bible?

------------------
"There are no such things as mixed signals when it comes to women, there is reality and what the guy wants to be reality." - Don Phenom

Kodak

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a discussion of when to call here:

Topic: Calling a girl http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/010580.html

I have posted an outline for a topic oriented bible over in suggestions and feedback:

Topic: Bible additions http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000191.html

feel free to expand on it. I just wrote that stuff up as I thought of it. I haven't had time to look up the posts to fill it in with, though they are already here, somewhere.

As Neo said, he doesn't like including things except stuff in Tips, that's why a lot of material isn't in the bible.

[This message has been edited by Kodak (edited 03-14-2002).]

Ashlee Angel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nick that was tight I will be using that line.

------------------
The more girls you ask out the more chances of you getting a yes.

Amlothi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by derWichtigste:
you are RIGHT, tricky...

thats why I has been saying we need a topic orientated DJ Bible..

ALL the stuff in there is GOLD, but you have to read the whole thing at once.

and if you are looking for sth quick and a certain topic, you cant find it.

your post would be the perfect start

That was my goal in creating an FAQ. However, nobody seemed interested in having it done.

------------------
"There are no such things as mixed signals when it comes to women, there is reality and what the guy wants to be reality." - Don Phenom

JUST ME

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guys, seriously, buy doc loves system --100% plus much more of all this kind of stuff is in the book and 2 tapes..I have it and it has helped immensely,as this dj board has also

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, I just realized that my post contradicts Anti-Dump who says to always wait 5 days (that post about treating all women the same). I am still going to stand by my contention that if a girl has an obviously high interest level, 2-4 days is good. What do you guys think?

------------------

[This message has been edited by trickynick (edited 03-25-2002).]

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Come to think of it, Anti-Dump contradicts himself. In the "Perfect Don Juan" post he says always wait at least four days.

------------------

Amlothi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think 4 days is minimum. I called after 2 and I could tell immediately when I talked to her that it was too soon.

Longer is better. (lol)

Hey Nick, do you have IM? email me your sn :p

------------------

[This message has been edited by Amlothi (edited 03-25-2002).]

DJ de Florida

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by trickynick:
leave a message and here is how, "Hi it's <your name>, from <place you met> on <Saturday>. My number is 555-555-5555. It's too bad I couldn't get a hold of you. I was hoping we could...<click>". Hang up mid sentence, guaranteed to get a return phone call if she has any interest in you whatsoever. Never call her again if that doesn't produce a return call.
Tricky,

How has the mid-sentence cutoff technique worked for you? For example, did it work better on those you thought had high interest vs. low interest?

I am going to have to add this one to my bag of tricks. Another thing I like to do during the end of a first date is say in a real excited voice, "Hey I was going to tell you...." and then mention that you forgot what you were going to say and laugh it off. She will be left wondering what you were going to say.

------------------
DJ de Florida
Just Do It!

1) Progress always involves risk: you can't steal second base and keep your foot on first.

2) Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.

3) You never really lose until you stop trying.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post, trickynick!

I've come to more-or-less the same conclusion.

Except that I wonder about the mid-sentence hang-up. Most of the gals I date are *extremely* intelligent, and I think they would see through that as if it were thin, clear glass.

TheGoodGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
If the number is getting old (a week to 10 days) and you have not managed to reach her, bite the bullet and leave a message and here is how, "Hi it's <your name>, from <place you met> on <Saturday>. My number is 555-555-5555. It's too bad I couldn't get a hold of you. I was hoping we could...<click>". Hang up mid sentence, guaranteed to get a return phone call if she has any interest in you whatsoever. Never call her again if that doesn't produce a return call.

I used this technique today and it worked like magic. You should always use this if you get the answering machine. The only problem is that you can only use this once.

Reaction score
Interesting story, after I read this post..

I was calling a girl last night who I've gone out with twice, and it's been really difficult to judge her interest level so far.

She's always at cheerleading and whatnot until pretty late on weekdays, so I got her voicemail, and just said "Hey HB, it's DJ Fantastic. We need..." *click*.

Well, she called back pretty quickly and was on the verge of crying, because she thought I was saying "we need to talk" and got cut off. Oops, anyway.. I guess that solved the "is she interested" mystery. Now I just decide if I want to be with someone that emotional..

nibun

Don Juan
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot here, how exactly do you use *67?

Do you press *67, then the number you wanna call? ( *67 then Area code + number ) ?

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. Just press *67, then dial the number just as you usually would.

Bear in mind, this applies to the USA. Don't know what the code is in other countries.