Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

To be a man...how do I make my base strong?

papa

Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently read "the book of pook" and discovered this forum, and have had a wonderful time till now. Got insights, figured out what I was doing wrong in life, how to handle specific situations etc. And I have noticed that I have found my own inner voice. But for any successful endavour in life, a base needs to be set and it needs to be strong. And I have noticed is that my base needs work. A lot. This is the first time I am opening up in my life.

A little background, I grew up in a family which was mostly unhappy. Marriage between my parents was unhappy and they were only together because of me and my sister. My father didn't talk much to me, and only told me to study. He didn't care about what I wanted but only gave me what he wanted to do. I didn't like to sketch, he made me do it. I wanted to learn guitar but he got a keyboard and insisted I learn that. Since I was weak in studies he natrually assumed I was a looser in life ( and that's what I grew up listening ever since 5th grade till an year back ). Due to this I gravitated towards my mother, and since she was also unhappy she kind of influenced me and my sister.

Things took a bad turn when my father quit his job and started a business. It failed! And desperate for money he took the first thing that came. And he was in that job until he ways layed off. He started another business which failed as well. And my mother, being very emotional, wouldn't last at a job for more than 6 months.

Due to all this happening around me, I started living in my fantasy bubble more and more. I started becoming lazy. Everyday after school I would live in this fantasy, that I was rich, had the best of cars, my school crush living with me etc. I started neglecting everything for that fantasy. Family, studies, personal health etc. And moreover my friends during school days were mostly loosers as well. Which kind of made me socially awkward as well. And since in my fantasy i was king, sometimes I would enact my fantasy outside, acting cool and stuff, and that would attract attention of other people who would kind of bully me. I was bullied quite considerably for many reasons. I was weak, a lot. I was always advised in life to not fight just accept and move on.

To pass time during school days I started reading lots of fantasy books and watching disney movies which reenforced my fantasy even more.

Anyways, this was my school days, come college. I decide I will change, I will improve. So I tried to hang with the cool kids ( in my defination, cool groups are the one which good looking chicks, strong, sporty, smart dudes, rich kids etc! ), and got accepted in that group. They became good friends. ( Some of them currently are good friends ). But even in that group I noticed I became more closer to the "loosers" like me in the group. College was collectively better than school. But I still felt insecure and gravitated towards my fantasy. I became an introvert. A big one. I wanted to be alone. I had 2 roommates and I ended up picking fights with both.

And on top of that, I liked this girl, she was a good friend, but by the 3rd year I was crazy about her. Thinking about her all day. But she ended up dating alpha of the group, who is really popular. And he is one of my best friend as well. But due to his alpha nature, the girl he has, and opportunities he always had, I became jealous of him, and kind of stopped talking to him. I found out the girl and the alpha have broken up and I try all the nice guy stuff for the girl but as we all know it doesn't work right? They both rekindled the relationship. And that made feel like a looser big time again. Anyways the alpha reconnected with me and became bros again.

i passed out of college last year, and worked at a dead end job I hated. Due to all this I had always assumed I was looser until I read "48 laws of power". That changed me. After that I read the "game" and "mastery". These 3 books together gave me hope and answers whichI was looking for.

So, I quit that job, as I want to start my own business. I am learning more and more everyday. That's when I found out about "Book of Pook" absolutely loved it. And came to this forum with the mindset that:

I want to change! I want to improve my life. Every aspect of it for the better.

Anyways my question is: after being a looser my entire life, being surrounded by failures my entire life, what do I do to improve? What areas do I improve first? How do I become a better people's person. How do I get my life back in order? How do I become a mature person? How do I increase my self respect?

Because what I realise is that due to my upbringing my base isn't strong. I want to improve on it first. Make myself an Alpha Man!

Reaction score
I recently read "the book of pook" and discovered this forum, and have had a wonderful time till now. Got insights, figured out what I was doing wrong in life, how to handle specific situations etc. And I have noticed that I have found my own inner voice. But for any successful endavour in life, a base needs to be set and it needs to be strong. And I have noticed is that my base needs work. A lot. This is the first time I am opening up in my life.

A little background, I grew up in a family which was mostly unhappy. Marriage between my parents was unhappy and they were only together because of me and my sister. My father didn't talk much to me, and only told me to study. He didn't care about what I wanted but only gave me what he wanted to do. I didn't like to sketch, he made me do it. I wanted to learn guitar but he got a keyboard and insisted I learn that. Since I was weak in studies he natrually assumed I was a looser in life ( and that's what I grew up listening ever since 5th grade till an year back ). Due to this I gravitated towards my mother, and since she was also unhappy she kind of influenced me and my sister.

Things took a bad turn when my father quit his job and started a business. It failed! And desperate for money he took the first thing that came. And he was in that job until he ways layed off. He started another business which failed as well. And my mother, being very emotional, wouldn't last at a job for more than 6 months.

Due to all this happening around me, I started living in my fantasy bubble more and more. I started becoming lazy. Everyday after school I would live in this fantasy, that I was rich, had the best of cars, my school crush living with me etc. I started neglecting everything for that fantasy. Family, studies, personal health etc. And moreover my friends during school days were mostly loosers as well. Which kind of made me socially awkward as well. And since in my fantasy i was king, sometimes I would enact my fantasy outside, acting cool and stuff, and that would attract attention of other people who would kind of bully me. I was bullied quite considerably for many reasons. I was weak, a lot. I was always advised in life to not fight just accept and move on.

To pass time during school days I started reading lots of fantasy books and watching disney movies which reenforced my fantasy even more.

Anyways, this was my school days, come college. I decide I will change, I will improve. So I tried to hang with the cool kids ( in my defination, cool groups are the one which good looking chicks, strong, sporty, smart dudes, rich kids etc! ), and got accepted in that group. They became good friends. ( Some of them currently are good friends ). But even in that group I noticed I became more closer to the "loosers" like me in the group. College was collectively better than school. But I still felt insecure and gravitated towards my fantasy. I became an introvert. A big one. I wanted to be alone. I had 2 roommates and I ended up picking fights with both.

And on top of that, I liked this girl, she was a good friend, but by the 3rd year I was crazy about her. Thinking about her all day. But she ended up dating alpha of the group, who is really popular. And he is one of my best friend as well. But due to his alpha nature, the girl he has, and opportunities he always had, I became jealous of him, and kind of stopped talking to him. I found out the girl and the alpha have broken up and I try all the nice guy stuff for the girl but as we all know it doesn't work right? They both rekindled the relationship. And that made feel like a looser big time again. Anyways the alpha reconnected with me and became bros again.

i passed out of college last year, and worked at a dead end job I hated. Due to all this I had always assumed I was looser until I read "48 laws of power". That changed me. After that I read the "game" and "mastery". These 3 books together gave me hope and answers whichI was looking for.

So, I quit that job, as I want to start my own business. I am learning more and more everyday. That's when I found out about "Book of Pook" absolutely loved it. And came to this forum with the mindset that:

I want to change! I want to improve my life. Every aspect of it for the better.

Anyways my question is: after being a looser my entire life, being surrounded by failures my entire life, what do I do to improve? What areas do I improve first? How do I become a better people's person. How do I get my life back in order? How do I become a mature person? How do I increase my self respect?

Because what I realise is that due to my upbringing my base isn't strong. I want to improve on it first. Make myself an Alpha Man!
What kind of businesses did your dad try to start?

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that is a loaded question... start with reading... if you can dedicate some of your time to educating yourself, then you can take hte first step..

Start with
-The Book of Pook
-The Rationale Male

Report back when complete

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Surround yourself with solid people that understand you and are willing to teach you a different way. Learn by example. You learned bad habits by example, you can learn good ones. You won't learn what you need from a book.

papa

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Book of Pook
I have finished Book of Pook, almost done with Rationale male. I have shed my nice guy image a bit, and have joined gym to get myself fit.

Surround yourself with solid people that understand you and are willing to teach you a different way.
This is a nice advice. Is it advisable to turn my back to old friends and acquaintances ?

papa

Don Juan
Reaction score
What kind of businesses did your dad try to start?
He first started a software business. He spent a lot on infrastructure than on getting clients, which led to failure of the first one. Second one was a grocery store. He has his own ideas, and is not open to other ideas. Plus he is known to give up easily and accept what he gets. A thing he preaches his kids all the time.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have finished Book of Pook, almost done with Rationale male. I have shed my nice guy image a bit, and have joined gym to get myself fit.

This is a nice advice. Is it advisable to turn my back to old friends and acquaintances ?
If they get in the way of your personal progress, most definitely. Birds of a feather flock together.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And what did you get from those books? Try to summarize a couple main things you can change with that knowledge

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All great success comes first from great failures. The difference between the two is the people who succeeded never gave up and learned from rheir failures while the people who failed gave up or didnt learn.

papa

Don Juan
Reaction score
And what did you get from those books? Try to summarize a couple main things you can change with that knowledge
What I understood was that I have to have focus on myself. See where I am lacking and improve that area. Find what you wanted to do and do it.

It's not impossible to do it on your own. With enough trial and error, it will eventually reveal itself. But it can go a lot faster if you open yourself up and recruit others to help guide you.
What do you suggest? Therapy is not an option in my country. Very few therapist with really high fee.

i firmly believe a man cannot really be a man until he knows what it feels like to be NOTHING.
True. I felt it, that's how I discovered the "Book of Pook". I want to change, but what first? I have identified a few points which i need to work on:
1) Mindset
2) Confidence
3) Fitness
4) Talent ( I never really mastered anything much as a kid, as I mentioned I became quite lazy due to my fantasy )
5) Social Skills

I think mindset is the most important here, how do I change it into a amazing, growth mindset?

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure therapy is really needed. I Remember s study that showed people who received counselling after a heart attack actually had a lower survival rate than people who didn't

The mind is pretty good at healing itself.

What you might need to do is reprogram some of your thoughts. Whatever self Improvement work you're going to do it will go better if you harness the power of routine and habbit. A lot of guys here start physically with the gym because it's something you can control and it gets you in a routine and you learn to set goals and adjust them and you'll have small successes and failures. Team sport is also a good thing because you are developing physically and mentally and make sure you go for the beer after the match with the guys and you ll start to naturally pick up more social skills

papa

Don Juan
Reaction score
thank you for such a brilliant advice @MidnightCity . Just have a few doubts.

all men are naturally born with the tools to be successful, to get where/what they want, to seduce women, to beat other men, to rule the world.
yes, i have them all the time but i was afraid of them till a month back. I don't know what it was that got me scared of it. I guess social influence played a huge part in it.

I have started to join bunch of meetups to improve my social skills. And a gym to get back in shape. Since I was bullied I still have that fear of weakness inside me, anyway I can overcome that?

And in every book i read, I read that you should love yourself...what does that even mean?

papa

Don Juan
Reaction score
And I think one of the biggest insecurity I have is that of reliance...i try rely on other people a lot. For job, for fun, for making money etc. I think I need to make myself completely self reliant. Any ideas on how do i go about it?

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't try and do it all at once you will overload and do nothing. Building a gym routine and joining a team sport would be fine for now.

TheGambino

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't try and do it all at once you will overload and do nothing. Building a gym routine and joining a team sport would be fine for now.
This. Life hit me so hard this month (financial stupid moves) that all I need is only get back to my gym routine and diet and sit tight the upcoming months to get back on track. Step by step and we both be f8cking 5-6 plates again in no time.

I don't even have women trouble man, I got 99 problems but b1tches aint one, damn, its so easy just make a damn move.

papa

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have already joined gym it's been 20 days already. For sports I am thinking some fighting sport, kick boxing or MMA...what do you think?

Scope

Reaction score
Nice! I also discovered The Book of Pook recently (on December). I founded it on a 4chan thread, kind a miracle. It completely changed the way I interaction with girls. It was awesome because while I was reading I got a crush with a girl, while reading the book I was able to put in practice this knowledge (you know, ACTION!).

Finishing the book i realized that the real point of it "What is life to you?".
How do I become a mature person? How do I increase my self respect?
I think the solid base for this is "UNITE DREAM AND DAY" and "ENDURE". Find a goal, a good one, your dream (doesn't have to be a life time goal) and endure. When you got that, to another thing. Don't try to fix everything at once.

I use to reread Lesson 6, Lesson 12, and Endure, and Aphorisms is also great, but long chapter. It helps me when I am unfocused.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm not sure MMA is a team sport or social. How about football. Skilful great cardio and worldwide.