Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

tips on how to run further

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi fellow don juans. I. am trying to lose my gut so I wanted to ask is there any tips to run longer on the treadmill? Do I need good shoes? Do I need to breathe better?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Hi fellow don juans. I. am trying to lose my gut so I wanted to ask is there any tips to run longer on the treadmill? Do I need good shoes? Do I need to breathe better?
There should be a lot of things you should be asking rather than how to run farther if you are looking to lose weight.

Cardio by itself is one of the LEAST effective ways to lose weight.

Firstly your diet and macros need to be in line.

Secondly, 1/4-1/3 of the extra weight you are carrying is inflammatory weight caused by eating foods your body doesn't like. You should be focusing on lowering inflammation internally.

Thirdly, lifting weights is a far better method to losing weight than doing cardio. Circuit training, which is lifting weights with very little rest in between sets doubles as both a strength training and cardio workout since it will get your heart rate elevated the entire time will little time to come down.

Fourthly, sleeping 7-8 hours a night is a key when trying to lose weight as it helps your body get rest and lower stress levels. Most people don't realize it but not getting enough sleep is one of the MOST stressful things you could possibly do to your body and raises cortisol levels tremendously which basically make storing fat very easy and losing it very hard. Also for every hour under 8 that you sleep, your T levels are reduced by roughly 12%.

Diet and food choices are 65% of losing weight. Adequate sleep is 20% and exercise choices are 15%.

People tend to obsess over the exercise part which has the lowest overall effect and ignore the other two.

People also tend to think cardio is effective for weight loss. It's actually terrible for it.

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There should be a lot of things you should be asking rather than how to run farther if you are looking to lose weight.

Cardio by itself is one of the LEAST effective ways to lose weight.

Firstly your diet and macros need to be in line.

Secondly, 1/4-1/3 of the extra weight you are carrying is inflammatory weight caused by eating foods your body doesn't like. You should be focusing on lowering inflammation internally.

Thirdly, lifting weights is a far better method to losing weight than doing cardio. Circuit training, which is lifting weights with very little rest in between sets doubles as both a strength training and cardio workout since it will get your heart rate elevated the entire time will little time to come down.

Fourthly, sleeping 7-8 hours a night is a key when trying to lose weight as it helps your body get rest and lower stress levels. Most people don't realize it but not getting enough sleep is one of the MOST stressful things you could possibly do to your body and raises cortisol levels tremendously which basically make storing fat very easy and losing it very hard. Also for every hour under 8 that you sleep, your T levels are reduced by roughly 12%.

Diet and food choices are 65% of losing weight. Adequate sleep is 20% and exercise choices are 15%.

People tend to obsess over the exercise part which has the lowest overall effect and ignore the other two.

People also tend to think cardio is effective for weight loss. It's actually terrible for it.
Cool thanks for the great information. I should do HIIT it sounds like

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Cool thanks for the great information. I should do HIIT it sounds like
Most people are incapable of doing HIIT properly because they are unwilling to push themselves hard enough during the HI part of it. If you are out of shape there is no way you are capable of doing it. HIIT is best for those that already are in decent shape.

Again, you would be much better off doing circuit training with weights. Leave the cardio alone for now, unless you do fast/slow intervals for 5 minutes after lifting which would promote growth hormone release.

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most people are incapable of doing HIIT properly because they are unwilling to push themselves hard enough during the HI part of it. If you are out of shape there is no way you are capable of doing it. HIIT is best for those that already are in decent shape.

Again, you would be much better off doing circuit training with weights. Leave the cardio alone for now, unless you do fast/slow intervals for 5 minutes after lifting which would promote growth hormone release.
Cool thanks.yeah I no doubt would love more growth hormone release

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brazilian jiu jitsu is a great workout if you can find a place to train. I always needed a structured activity to get exercise as I get bored too quickly working out alone.

RBK

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Watch David Goggins videos on Youtube, if that doesn't motivate you nothing will. STAY HARD.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Running sucks. It’s hard on the joints and runners are vulnerable to overtraining, which causes inflammation. If you prefer to run, at least do it outside in the elements.

The way to run “longer” is to run slower and get in more miles. Start with two, going as slow as you can go to complete it without stopping. Increase from there. “Runners” eventually build their way to 50+ miles per week.

I personally prefer the bike. Much easier on the body, more fun, and you can do it for longer, which helps lose the gut.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What you need the most is conditioning. Any endurance athlete will tell you that doing long distances in anything is a build-up process.

To your question, there are a few things you can do now to start that build-up process and ramp up:

1) Proper posture - This is huge in long-distance. Improper posture and body movement mechanics will only lead to injuries like tendonitis and even small fractures. Do your research about proper running posture and mechanics. Record yourself from all angles when you run and pinpoint/analyze improper posture and body mechanics so you know what to correct.
2) Breathing - Yes, that is huge as well. Breathing should follow your cadence. It should also follow a proper pattern. With proper breathing, you will build stamina faster and endure longer.
3) Yes, HIIT (high-intensity interval training) will help with endurance and stamina. I just wouldn't go into HIIT until you have proper posture.
4) Shoes - They are not critical for short distances but when it comes to long-distance they will make a difference. Do your research.
5) Last but not least, nutrition. Before and after.

I used to (and plan to get back to) do triathlons and I can tell you that when it comes to long-distance all of the above are important. Long-distance running is not for everyone, but for those that it is you end up feeling those long runs like meditations and you crave them. You don't really feel the run as much, it becomes an automatic movement where you feel like you're floating and your body is on autopilot. Then you simply get into this mindset of meditation and reflection during the runs. At least it was for me.

Most of my long runs were outdoors so it gives you the chance to enjoy the scenery. Long runs on a treadmill sound boring if I am being honest but hey that's your goal, not mine.

Cheers man

Modern Man Advice

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What you need the most is conditioning. Any endurance athlete will tell you that doing long distances in anything is a build-up process.

To your question, there are a few things you can do now to start that build-up process and ramp up:

1) Proper posture - This is huge in long-distance. Improper posture and body movement mechanics will only lead to injuries like tendonitis and even small fractures. Do your research about proper running posture and mechanics. Record yourself from all angles when you run and pinpoint/analyze improper posture and body mechanics so you know what to correct.
2) Breathing - Yes, that is huge as well. Breathing should follow your cadence. It should also follow a proper pattern. With proper breathing, you will build stamina faster and endure longer.
3) Yes, HIIT (high-intensity interval training) will help with endurance and stamina. I just wouldn't go into HIIT until you have proper posture.
4) Shoes - They are not critical for short distances but when it comes to long-distance they will make a difference. Do your research.

I used to (and plan to get back to) do triathlons and I can tell you that when it comes to long-distance all of the above are important. Long-distance running is not for everyone, but for those that it is you end up feeling those long runs like meditations and you crave them. You don't really feel the run as much, it becomes an automatic movement where you feel like you're floating and your body is on autopilot. Then you simply get into this mindset of meditation and reflection during the runs. At least it was for me.

Most of my long runs were outdoors so it gives you the chance to enjoy the scenery. Long runs on a treadmill sound boring if I am being honest but hey that's your goal, not mine.

Cheers man

Modern Man Advice
awesome advice. thanks

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Cheers man

Modern Man Advice
By far the best conditioning thing I have ever done(and I've done a LOT of things) is weighted hill vest climbs.

It's so far above anything else I've done nothing else is really worth mentioning.

It's also one of the only activities that I've found has a direct carry over effect to the bedroom. Just reign destruction after a few months of those regularly. The tap outs were pretty much every time.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Start at the edge of the ghetto, and progressive move your starting point deeper and deeper within.