"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

tips on hiding emotions?

wildchild

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2002
Messages
342
Reaction score
2
Age
42
Has anyone got any tips on hiding emotions, for example how to hide it when your feeling down / feeling angry.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Why not deal with them, what are you afraid of?
 

OrlandoDaHash

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 10, 2004
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
Prague
I know a lot of guys here will disagree, but feelings are great. Anger for example, empowers you, gives you self-confidence and "I don’t give a **** about you" attitude, helps you to set firm boundaries with other people, etc. Feeling down (depressed) stops you dead in the track because something in yourself or your life is not working the way it should. Down time gives you space and time to analyze your behavior, attitudes and environment for clues of your dissatisfaction.

You don’t have to go nuts with rage when you’re angry, nor do you have to cry like a baby when you're sad, but it is important to show respect to your feelings and let them be. They are here to help you. If you don’t they will come back to hunt you in forms such as anxiety, depression, suicidal ideas, etc.
 

Anaxibios

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 29, 2004
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Calgary, Can
I think he's referring to not letting women see negative emotions when they neg hit him (or play other mind games). I agree most emotions are great, but when a woman sees that she has an effect on a guy w some game it ruins his chances.

I've been trying to have a what the hell attitude, and it makes me less susceptable to these emotions.

In my opinion it is the internal dialogue that is most effective in combating these feelings. Just keep telling yourself that you're the "catch" and she is being stupid :).
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2003
Messages
821
Reaction score
11
Location
Seattle, WA
ANY and ALL emotions are triggered by an individual's 'point of view'.

To explain:

Its like going to Vegas, winning $1000 on a slot machine. CHA-CHING! Instant happiness.

Now..let's say you felt lucky and decided to go to the crap tables now. Unfortunately, the house cleaned you out and left you only $50 of that $1000.

Now let's look at the 'point of view' from this situation.

You can either be pissed off and emotionally feel like a loser. Or, you can have an attitude of a winner. Hey..you're up $50!!!

Using quotes from the movie "Swingers" starts to get a bit trite around this board. Remember that scene when the fellas were in Vegas...you need to ACCENTUATE the positives in your life.

Change your point of view. You've got good health, money enough to own a computer and internet access, and the motivation to be on this site and learn about being a man, and not just chasing women.

Once your point of view is changed, hit the gym and release some good ole fashioned endorphins to get on that natural high...the great side effect to the gym is a body you can be proud of. Now how can that depress a fella?
 

OrlandoDaHash

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 10, 2004
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
Prague
I think he's referring to not letting women see negative emotions when they neg hit him (or play other mind games).
Anger is the best emotion in this case. It gives you strength to handle rejections or mind games. But it's very important to know how to handle this emotion. Get angry, feel the anger with every cell in your body, feel the power it gives you and then assert yourself with firm and self-confident attitude. But don't blow up in rage, because that’s not the way this works. Stay in control.


ANY and ALL emotions are triggered by an individual's 'point of view'.
I disagree. The mind can influence emotions as much as emotions can influence the mind, but they are two different autonomous parts of the Self.

To explain:

If I’m married to a woman I hate, work at a job that I despise and live in a polluted and dull small town I will feel depressed. Sure, I can change my point of view and start to appreciate everything I have, but that’s not the answer. I may feel better for a couple of weeks or even months, but the original feelings of depression will return because I have done nothing more but masked my true feelings. It would be better to acknowledge my life sucks and do something about it.

...the great side effect to the gym is a body you can be proud of. Now how can that depress a fella?
It can if he has to go back home to the wife he hates.
 

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 24, 2003
Messages
498
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
OK
I am too good at hiding emotions and it of course doesnt help you mentally. While I was in therapy for a couple of years and the therapist could never get me to crack or really show any emotions. He used to always say I had a perfect poker face but in the end its going to eat me from the inside. :( So what i am saying is you should be glad you are able to show emotions well its healthy just dont overdo it ;)
 

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2003
Messages
821
Reaction score
11
Location
Seattle, WA
Orlando..you sound like a pessimist..and thats exactly the difference between you and I.

I'm an optimist...my parents had very little..and I put myself through college, 2 degrees, and have little worry because things ARE ALWAYS WORSE.

to take your quotes:

I could be married to a woman I hate - I can be a pessimist about having a bad marriage...or I can be optimistic about change.

I could live in a polluted small town - I can be a pessimist about it...or have the optimism to change.

I NEVER said to mask your feelings or emotions. But, to have a negative attitude like yours isn't healthy. I'd like to crack my old college psych books and return with a synopsis of how depression and negativity sets in.

But why acknowlegde that life sucks?! Why acknowledge that you are a loser?! - Will this promote a healthy change?

hahaha..its funny to ever say that one's life sucks..there are people in this world with HIV, comatose, or stuck in wheel chairs and these people still go out and try to change the world.

Fellas...NEVER EVER acknowledge that your life sucks. ALWAYS accentuate the positives. If there are negatives in your life...understand them, then change them.

CHANGE YOUR POINT OF VIEW...CHANGE YOUR POINT OF LIVING.

READ MY QUOTE
 

OrlandoDaHash

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 10, 2004
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
Prague
Before anybody can change anything in he's life, he has to first acknowledge its existence. If one is an alcoholic, he won’t seek treatment until he acknowledges the fact that he has a problem, will he? And it would be good for him to feel bad before he does seek treatment. Feeling bad will force him see the truth of his situation and therefore change.

On the other hand, there are things in life that cannot be changed or be influenced upon. Here’s where your examples of HIV, comatose or wheel chairs would come in. A healthy response in this case is the will to acknowledge the unchangeable and accept it as it is.

But on the overall, I think we agree. Accentuate the positives and (if possible) change the negatives.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2003
Messages
821
Reaction score
11
Location
Seattle, WA
Originally posted by OrlandoDaHash


But on the overall, I think we agree. Accentuate the positives and (if possible) change the negatives.
werd up homie
 

Julius_Caesar

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 15, 2003
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
Age
40
You cannot ever hide emotions, I learned that well enough. Admit that those emotions are there, don't resist them, they are already there, why resist? Watch and see how it doesn't kill you or make you a loser. The point is that you are not naturally emotional, you don't have to act out the same emotional pattern everytime you get in a relationship, or when a girl Negs you.

Never resist, accept, then act. That is the way to freedom. Because then you see that you DON'T HAVE TO BE EMOTIONAL AT ALL. Emotions are there, but they don't need to be.

Read the Power of Now, that sh*t works.
 

wildchild

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2002
Messages
342
Reaction score
2
Age
42
whats the power of now? a book? thanks for all the tips guys
 
Top