Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tips on Getting Shredded in Real Life?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After that. This thread should have been closed. Cut out the Bull**** until you reach your goal and then maintain it. It's a lot easier to maintain than getting there. Oh 6000kcal and single digit, especially with alcohol , forget it.
Yeah basically. The only way to do it.

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I drink those all the time. In the “Aggressive Fat Loss: Guide to Drinking” by Kinobody, he says that when you drink, all the calories should come from the liquor itself. If you’re getting calories from sugary mixers, you’re fvcking up.

So he recommends vodka sodas, or a Jack and Diet Coke. Greg Doucette always recommends Diet Coke so I opt towards that.

I know there’s probably no baseline, but what’s the max amount of drinks you would say before it starts negatively impacting your test?
I’m not sure about the science in terms of units of alcohol, but if you binge drink on the weekend, your test will be recovering until about mid-week. Hence why the Monday after a party weekend is rough. If you’re concerned about booze and T, keep it to 3 drinks max. Personally I can’t do that if I’m out drinking, nor can I say no to a glass of cold beer, which is much worse for T than drinking soy milk (hops is a very active phytoestrogen). It’s up to you how strict you want to be.

The thing to watch out for mixing with Diet Coke is the aspartame and caffeine content, and it’s also gross. Generally speaking brown spirits have more congeners, a compound that makes hangovers worse since your liver works harder to process it. You’ll notice a more puffy, red face the morning after a wine or whiskey night.

Good vodka (I prefer Tito’s and Ketel 1) is distilled multiple times to remove impurities and contains no congeners, and the seltzer dilutes it and keeps you hydrated.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve been working on my diet and thinking about what you guys said in this thread since I posted it.

In retrospect, you guys were 100% correct.

If you want your diet to have any chance of succeeding, you are going to have to say no to people. It is just inevitable.

In this life, we have to hold frame and pass sh*t tests with more than just women to be successful. We have to hold frame and pass sh*t tests to succeed at our diets too. Holding frame and passing those sh*t tests is just a part of our suave lifestyle.

Although, I am very glad that I had this struggle. Because of that, I’ve gained new tools in my toolbox, and the diet is even easier to stick to now. Effortless, and so enjoyable, in fact.

I now have the power of Intermittent Fasting, as well as longer fasts like 20:4, 23:1, and OMAD in my toolbox. Along with flexible dieting! I ditched the idea of that meal timing, which just made the diet way more annoying to stick to. Thanks to Merijn and Kinobody for debunking those myths. Can you imagine eating 6 meals of chicken broccoli and rice for the rest of your life? Disgusting
That would probably make me resent bodybuilding. Even when I prep for a bodybuilding show in the future, I’m not gonna eat like that. I’m gonna fast and eat 1-2 meals a day.

I’ve found that the later and later I break my fast, the more of a joke it is for me to hit my macros for that day.

And the OMAD meals after your fast are just glorious. I’m eating like a king every night even when I’m cutting. I’ve never been on a cut where I actually look forward to the meals before now. One of my favorite OMAD meals is a big steak cooked in olive oil, air fryer fries dipped in Ranch, and cottage cheese with Stevia for dessert. Completely satisfied, hunger isn’t an issue, and I’m still in a nice deficit.

I love the Kinobody programs because they work with your life instead of against it like most bodybuilding approaches. You can still eat out in restaurants, and drink with your friends. A lot of the time you can, because you have room due to the intermittent fasting. The longer fasts make it even easier. But the thing is: you STILL HAVE TO HIT YOUR CALORIES AND MACROS so that the social eating/drinking doesn’t slow or stop your progress. If you can’t make it hit your macros, you tell people no. If it is the end of the day and you’re out of macros, you say no so that you can reach your physique goals.

But that being said, it is more important to me that I reach my dream physique than for me to eat or drink. I want my identity to be as a bodybuilder, a guy with an insane physique. There is nothing more important to me than getting and maintaining my dream body, so that I can live the life I deserve. That is my identity.

Just had to get some thoughts onto the page! With all of the techniques I have now(and that I’ve learned from my failures) I can stick to my diet 95% of the time. It is both efficient and extremely enjoyable. It’s not like this brutal struggle to stick to. I’m 100% confident that I can hit my goals and get to my dream body.

Last edited:

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to play football and rugby back to back **** that was intense, never been in better shape than then, I don't even know what my BF% was but my abs and obliques stick out fairly far, I can still have a bit of fat on my belly and make them pop.

Most guys abs are also not the 6pac you see in the magazines unless they are genetically gifted and are flexing, most guys abs just look like squiggly lines until the flex, quite underwhelming for some, but I mean if you got the good looking ones, like others have said, are you gonna be able to show them off.

I will say this, insecurity is at its height in the age of technology, becareful you are not painting a great big target on your back, it's hard as a common guy to understand that there are men who are bigger, smarter, faster and richer than you.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to play football and rugby back to back **** that was intense, never been in better shape than then, I don't even know what my BF% was but my abs and obliques stick out fairly far, I can still have a bit of fat on my belly and make them pop.

Most guys abs are also not the 6pac you see in the magazines unless they are genetically gifted and are flexing, most guys abs just look like squiggly lines until the flex, quite underwhelming for some, but I mean if you got the good looking ones, like others have said, are you gonna be able to show them off.

I will say this, insecurity is at its height in the age of technology, becareful you are not painting a great big target on your back, it's hard as a common guy to understand that there are men who are bigger, smarter, faster and richer than you.
So I should expect a flat stomach, but the abs to only really pop when fully flexed right?

That’s another reason why I like concrete numbers for measuring fitness. It’s easier to say “I want to diet until my scale says I am 10% bodyfat” than to say “I wanna cut until I look a certain way in the mirror”

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I should expect a flat stomach, but the abs to only really pop when fully flexed right?

That’s another reason why I like concrete numbers for measuring fitness. It’s easier to say “I want to diet until my scale says I am 10% bodyfat” than to say “I wanna cut until I look a certain way in the mirror”
Genetics are the big difference, I know guys who walk around with magazine abs without flexing but they are guys who can eat anything and still maintain that, so I mean I cant answer that for you

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can never out train a bad diet.

Think I can comment on this one, lost over 25+% body fat ~ 100 lbs.

Currently at 17%, still going strong.

This is what I did:

- Download myfitnesspal
- Calculate your TDEE (use sedentary setting)
- Subtract 100 calories
- Track everything you eat(that includes ketchup)
- See how the weighing scale moves

Tips:
- have a glass of water before every meal
- have a full plate of vegetables before every meal (no dressings or salt)
- complex carbs instead of simple ones
- focus on building muscle tissue instead of cardio
- experiment with caffeine cycling
- omega 3, multi vitamins, probiotics help during a deficit due to lack of complete nutrients.
- better to cut out carbs than healthy fats
- increase the calorie deficit by 100 when you reach a plateau
- use cardio as a tool to keep a deficit and eat slightly more
-always get back on the wagon when you fall off (real test)
Coming back to the advice in this thread, your tips are spot on. This is an amazing post.

I’m such a big believer in tracking calories. Imo if you don’t, the diet is guaranteed to fail.

Intuitive eating only works when you’re eating 95% whole processed foods, where it is basically impossible to overeat. I like eating some high calorie dense, highly palatable food within my calories. It lets me stick to the diet. I don’t want to eat small, low calorie meals for the rest of my life.

So my policy to myself is “If you’re not tracking every bite of food that goes in your mouth, you will become obese and you won’t be able to control your body composition.” Every bite of food pretty much needs to be tracked and weighed. It’s reached the point where I kind of freak out a bit if I don’t have my food scale lol.

I even bring my food scale to restaurants and weigh everything. Estimating the best I can, rounding up for added butters and oils. It gives me peace of mind; it takes away the guilt and lets me stay within my calories. “Guesstimating” is a powerful tool for dealing with life imo.

Plus, even if I do happen to overeat at a restaurant, I have some feedback to work with. I know exactly how many calories I overate, so I know how many calories I need to drop the next day(or next few days) to compensate.

I totally agree with cardio being a great tool to give yourself a bit more leeway with the diet and stay in a deficit.

By the way, tracking my cardio using an app or watch is one of the best things I’ve ever done for my fitness. I’m shocked people don’t recommend this tip more. I only thought of it after watching Erik the Electric record his runs and bike rides on Strava. Plus, it’s really motivating to see the amount of calories you burn keep going up as you get in better shape.

With all these tools combined: Intermittent Fasting, Cardio, Calorie Counting… it’s really really hard to fvck up the diet or overeat imo.
When I started tracking weighing and logging 95% of the time, I nearly instantly broke through my fat loss plateau.

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don’t eat at restaurants. Saves a lot of money, sodium, cholesterol, and shvt.

You need to be prepping 90% of your own foods.
Totally agree with you. I’d say I do. Since I eat only one meal a day, I’m cooking something different nearly every day. I need that variety in my meal plan if I want to succeed. Otherwise, I get bored of the diet and end up eating fast food or at restaurants. I’ve saved a ton of money by not eating all that damn fast food.

For the times that eating at restaurants are unavoidable: say a school/company lunch or something. I still bring my food scale and track to the best of my ability.

Otherwise, I won’t stop eating until I’m 10,000 calories deep and I’ve undone a whole week of progress. Counting calories is the only way for me to keep my eating under control. And to not have a mental breakdown lol.

Totally agree that restaurants can absolutely wreck your progress if you don’t know how to deal with them/avoid them.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alcohol is your enemy in weight loss.
Restaurants are your enemies too.
Lack of self control is the biggest enemy of all.

Build a diet, stick up with it, don't break it. I know it's the worst and hardest part, but your body and brain take about 28 days to get used to a new situation, so push yourself to stay on track for at least 28 days, the rest will be easier.

And unless you're going to a competition, there's no why getting under 10-12% of BF. It's too much hard work keeping it, you won't be enjoying your body, you'll be stressed because of the diet, feel moody, feel like ****. You'll also notice that it will be way harder for you to grow your muscles (and way easier to lose them) because the lower your BF gets, the more restrictive your diet has to be. I personally am a Endomorph, so for me anything between 12-16% is perfect. Not so hard to mantain, I can still grow muscles. I'm currently with 26% BF after a pretty dirty bulk because I freak out after losing some good kg of muscles while I was in the Army. It's a hard way till 16%, but nothing that I can't do with some self control and good mindset.

Stay strong.
Now that I’ve broken through this fat loss plateau. I completely agree with you on alcohol and restaurants being your worst enemy when it comes to weight loss and building the body that you want.

Kinobody is absolutely right. If you want to build the body of your dreams and have it all, you have to become a master of drinking in moderation.

When I’m in “diet mode,” what works for me is setting a calorie limit on my drinking. For instance, “I will not consume more than 600 calories from liquor today.” This keeps me within my calories, and stops the binge drinking.

If I’m giving myself a cheat day, I’ll just set a shot/drink limit to prevent the binge drinking. After that, I’ll tell people no. This also prevents you from getting sloshed at any party or social event. Which is just not something we do as DJs, I feel like.

With food and alcohol, just me telling myself to “eat/drink in moderation” is never enough. Cause it’s like, how much is moderation? I have to set a calorie limit for myself that I can’t go over or I’ll fvck my life up.

Otherwise I won’t stop eating until I’ve hit 8-10,000 calories, or drinking until I’ve blacked out lol. Neither of which is ideal for gainz.

Kinobody has restaurant control strategies too. When he got down to 5% bodyfat, he was eating out at Chipotle every single day, and tracking the calories. I’m not gonna do that because I’m not loaded like he is. But I like how he had a strategy, and tracked the calories even at restaurants. He is very big on tracking your calories:

So these are the methods that keep me under control and progressing towards my goals.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now that I’ve broken through this fat loss plateau. I completely agree with you on alcohol and restaurants being your worst enemy when it comes to weight loss and building the body that you want.

Kinobody is absolutely right. If you want to build the body of your dreams and have it all, you have to become a master of drinking in moderation.

When I’m in “diet mode,” what works for me is setting a calorie limit on my drinking. For instance, “I will not consume more than 600 calories from liquor today.” This keeps me within my calories, and stops the binge drinking.

If I’m giving myself a cheat day, I’ll just set a shot/drink limit to prevent the binge drinking. After that, I’ll tell people no. This also prevents you from getting sloshed at any party or social event. Which is just not something we do as DJs, I feel like.

With food and alcohol, just me telling myself to “eat/drink in moderation” is never enough. Cause it’s like, how much is moderation? I have to set a calorie limit for myself that I can’t go over or I’ll fvck my life up.

Otherwise I won’t stop eating until I’ve hit 8-10,000 calories, or drinking until I’ve blacked out lol. Neither of which is ideal for gainz.

Kinobody has restaurant control strategies too. When he got down to 5% bodyfat, he was eating out at Chipotle every single day, and tracking the calories. I’m not gonna do that because I’m not loaded like he is. But I like how he had a strategy, and tracked the calories even at restaurants. He is very big on tracking your calories:

So these are the methods that keep me under control and progressing towards my goals.
He is on steroids. The key to limiting alcohol calories is to stop drinking so damn much. Don’t have more than 2 drinks. Ideally, stop drinking altogether. Enjoy in social settings only.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He is on steroids. The key to limiting alcohol calories is to stop drinking so damn much. Don’t have more than 2 drinks. Ideally, stop drinking altogether. Enjoy in social settings only.
Yeah that’s definitely helped. I cut out all alcohol for a couple weeks and I’ve never seen my weight drop this fast, ever.

Wait, you think Kinobody is on steroids? His tips are super helpful imo on how to diet without suffering

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wait, you think Kinobody is on steroids? His tips are super helpful imo on how to diet without suffering
Bruh. 99% of social media trainers are on steroids. 5% body fat is only attainable naturally by starvation. It is physiologically impossible to have both mass and shredded dry-looking aesthetics without chemical assistance.

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Coming back to the advice in this thread, your tips are spot on. This is an amazing post.

I’m such a big believer in tracking calories. Imo if you don’t, the diet is guaranteed to fail.

Intuitive eating only works when you’re eating 95% whole processed foods, where it is basically impossible to overeat. I like eating some high calorie dense, highly palatable food within my calories. It lets me stick to the diet. I don’t want to eat small, low calorie meals for the rest of my life.

So my policy to myself is “If you’re not tracking every bite of food that goes in your mouth, you will become obese and you won’t be able to control your body composition.” Every bite of food pretty much needs to be tracked and weighed. It’s reached the point where I kind of freak out a bit if I don’t have my food scale lol.

I even bring my food scale to restaurants and weigh everything. Estimating the best I can, rounding up for added butters and oils. It gives me peace of mind; it takes away the guilt and lets me stay within my calories. “Guesstimating” is a powerful tool for dealing with life imo.

Plus, even if I do happen to overeat at a restaurant, I have some feedback to work with. I know exactly how many calories I overate, so I know how many calories I need to drop the next day(or next few days) to compensate.

I totally agree with cardio being a great tool to give yourself a bit more leeway with the diet and stay in a deficit.

By the way, tracking my cardio using an app or watch is one of the best things I’ve ever done for my fitness. I’m shocked people don’t recommend this tip more. I only thought of it after watching Erik the Electric record his runs and bike rides on Strava. Plus, it’s really motivating to see the amount of calories you burn keep going up as you get in better shape.

With all these tools combined: Intermittent Fasting, Cardio, Calorie Counting… it’s really really hard to fvck up the diet or overeat imo.
When I started tracking weighing and logging 95% of the time, I nearly instantly broke through my fat loss plateau.
I appreciate it. @nicksaiz65

Since the post I've dropped 2% bf, I'm at 15% since the last 3-4 months

Also, maintaining a weight for a few months instead of continuing to cut, helped me keep the weight off for years now.

This is a problem for many people, they cut and gain it all back.

For me,
It's not bulk-> cut -> bulk
It's cut-> maintain -> cut

During maintain phase, I don't count my calories.

I feel like I'm pretty efficient at it now after years of experience.

That said, during a cut, even after years of experience, my mind tries to deceive itself by eating stuff I just overlook.

It's all tricks.

Always log the calories during a cut.
Keep the cut short.
Maintain for a while.
Repeat.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im having a go at fasting now, on the snake diet, ive racked up 2x48 hours, and one 72 hours in 3 weeks.

Its quite difficult because literally anything other than water chucks you out the fast.
But i dont like water or my mouth tasting like sh*t.

slowly building up the discipline. Ive been drinking water since 9pm last night (its 8.30am) and it feels like Ive been doing it 8 days.

Id usually have had 4 cans of diet soda by now and a few nice mints.

mjb3617

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah that’s definitely helped. I cut out all alcohol for a couple weeks and I’ve never seen my weight drop this fast, ever.
My buddy hasn't been able to drop below 200 for months. He is used to binge drinking 4 days a week. He has been lifting for way longer than me and gets pissed as I've easily lost 50 pounds in the past 6 months and currently sit at 190. I drink maybe once or twice every few weeks and it's usually just one to two drinks.

He is aware that his problem is alcohol. Just goes to show you how bad alcohol is for weight loss.

He's trying to correct the issue and cut down to 1 day a week of drinking.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have found Anti-Oxidants are helping a lot with my weight loss, maybe it's just the inflammation, not sure, Oil of Oregano has been a big help in the last 2 weeks, although apparently your only supposed to take it for 2 weeks.

It paired with the Ashwanganda, Vitamin A, Biotin and Multivitamin has easily been the best fast I've had yet, I shouldn't say fast because I still need to eat a bit to digest the Multivitamin, but the hunger has been very manageable even if I consume 100g of oatmeal, around 24 carbs, doesn't set me off any.

I am losing leg muscle right now which I'm fine with, just maintaining my upper body through workouts right now, leaving my lower alone for now

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My buddy hasn't been able to drop below 200 for months. He is used to binge drinking 4 days a week. He has been lifting for way longer than me and gets pissed as I've easily lost 50 pounds in the past 6 months and currently sit at 190. I drink maybe once or twice every few weeks and it's usually just one to two drinks.
hes probably insulin resistance, I had already quit alcohol,

I then quit caffeine. no different

still had broken sleep. Still couldnt lose weight for sh*t, worked out like a trojan, should have had athletic physique,( but had more of a gorilla physique)

then I ate no food for a 24 hour period(to start with) and slept like I had been knocked out.

Ive slept 5 out 7 nights this week, and Ive lost weight.

mjb3617

Don Juan
Reaction score
hes probably insulin resistance, I had already quit alcohol,

I then quit caffeine. no different

still had broken sleep. Still couldnt lose weight for sh*t, worked out like a trojan, should have had athletic physique,( but had more of a gorilla physique)

then I ate no food for a 24 hour period(to start with) and slept like I had been knocked out.

Ive slept 5 out 7 nights this week, and Ive lost weight.
Interesting. I'll give him the tip. How many times a week are you doing a 24-hour fast? I've looked into doing one. From what I understand, it has a lot of benefits.