Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tihash's Daytime Approach Journal

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys. I was enormously inspired by Pugs and his approach journal (notwithstanding his subsequent oneitis), and by reading the adventures of jwhite from a couple of years back.

This will be my daytime approach journal. I intend to go until I hit at least 50 cold approaches, however long that may take. Some background... I just turned 28, live in Florida, and have a “real job” working 50+ hours a week. Ended a multi-year LTR recently, and want to get back into the game. Average looks, hair is slightly thinning on top but no one really notices but me (doing the propecia and rogaine thing), athletic body but not muscular. Recently moved home with parents for 3 reasons: lease was up on apt. gf and I were sharing, i am looking to buy a house/condo and didn’t want another 1-yr lease, and my father has cancer and it is helpful for me to be home to help out these days. Yes, I read the lengthy thread re: living at home, and I do chores around the house, voluntarily pay rent, etc.

I welcome all comments to help me better my ability with women.

Unless otherwise noted, I am dressed in a suit (minus my jacket) b/c that is what I have to wear to work.

APPROACH #1

I was at Barnes and Noble at lunch. I went there specifically to sarge. I saw a ho-hum 5 or 6, and knw I should have opened her for practice, but chickened out. A few minutes later, I spy a girl that looks about 16 years old sitting at a table in one of the aisles, but I knew she had to be at least 18 b/c otherwise she would be in school and also b/c she had a tattoo on the small of her back. She is a solid 8. I am self conscious about the young ones b/c of my age, and worry that I will be approaching someone under 18. I procrastinate with her, and go to the next aisle. A 7.5 woman, probably about 26 years old, comes in and I decide instead to make a move for the one at the table.

Tihash: You look like you’re having a relaxing day here at the bookstore. (with a smile)
HB: Oh, yeah. I’m just killing time. All these magazines say the same thing. (Smiles)
Tihash: So what do you have here? (I go through her pile...Cosmo, women’s health, and a few others. She turns the page on the one that is open and it happens to be an article about sex). Oh, trying to learn a few new moves?
HB: Oh, gosh.
Tihash: So are you just hanging out here?
HB: Yeah, blah blah blah. She goes to the local university, and works PT in a gym. She asks me what I do, etc.
Tihash: Well, I have to get back to work. I’d like to get to know you better... Give me your # and I’ll call you sometime.
HB: Sure, that would be great.

I got the #. I was so scared to approach, but it sure felt good to at least temporarily conquer that fear.

Next day, I happen to have the opportunity to stop at the mall after doing an errand for work, and it is like 2 pm, and there were multiple hot babes there, but I just couldn’t get myself to approach. I figured out I feel more comfortable approaching in the aisle of a bookstore or shomewhere that psychologically doesn’t feel like it is “in the open.” I am pissed at myself for at least 3 missed sarging opportunities at the mall.

I have more to post later today.

Tihash

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
APPROACH #2

I’m at another Barnes and Noble because I had some time to kill before a meeting. It is about 4 pm, and as I am parking, I see (from afar) an attractive looking female walking in. I park and go in, and see her almost immediately. Instead of adhering to the 3-second rule (or 3 minute rule or any rule), I chicken out and procrastinate and check out the rest of the store. No other sargeable chicks, so I procrastinate some more. I later see this chick with an older woman (her mom?) Which is surprising since she came in alone. The chick eventually sits down at the café, with a table right next to an aisle. After another 10 minutes of being a chicken, I approach from the aisle and say, “You’re still here? I remember running into you like half an hour ago...” She looks up and says, “Yeah, I’m waiting for my mom to get done shopping.” No smile from her, no interest from her. I eject.

Lesson learned: Not only does the 3second rule make you take action before the chick leaves or circumstances change, but it helps save you time... I wasted over 30 minutes before I approached and could have approached in the first minute, learned she was young and was there to meet her mom, and spend the rest of my time relaxing reading a book or something instead of being worried about the approach.

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
APPROACH #3

Later that day after approach #2, I am buying gas and drive away. The gas station is next to a restaurant that has that take out service like Outback, Chili’s, Applebee’s etc does, where you pull up and they come to your car to take the order, etc. As I am driving out of the gas station, I notice a gorgeous chick taking an order from a guy in his car. I drive around the building and swing back, and pull into one of the take out spots. My heart was racing, and I had to wait like 2 full minutes for the chick to come out. I roll down my window.

HB: Hi
Me: Hi... This may sound a little crazy, but I just drove by and noticed you and think you’re really cute... I know youre at work, so I’d like to get your number and give you a call later so we can get to know each other.

After I said that, she had the biggest smile I have seen in a while on her face.

HB: OMG, are you serious?!?
Me: I’m totally serious.
HB: Well, you’ll never guess how old I am.
Me: How old are you?
HB: I’m only 17.
Me: Oh, that sux. Well, what’s your name?
HB: My name is HB.
Me: (shakes her hand) Well, it was nice to meet you.
HB: Yeah, totally! Thanks so much!!!

Seriously, I thought she was about 22-23 when I first pulled up there. Nevertheless, it felt good to approach, and I’m sure that made her day.

I think I felt comfortable doing that because it was sorta private...she walked up to my car; no one else could hear what was said, etc. I need to learn to get past that sticking point.

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by tihash
APPROACH #3

Later that day after approach #2, I am buying gas and drive away. The gas station is next to a restaurant that has that take out service like Outback, Chili’s, Applebee’s etc does, where you pull up and they come to your car to take the order, etc. As I am driving out of the gas station, I notice a gorgeous chick taking an order from a guy in his car. I drive around the building and swing back, and pull into one of the take out spots. My heart was racing, and I had to wait like 2 full minutes for the chick to come out. I roll down my window.

HB: Hi
Me: Hi... This may sound a little crazy, but I just drove by and noticed you and think you’re really cute... I know youre at work, so I’d like to get your number and give you a call later so we can get to know each other.

After I said that, she had the biggest smile I have seen in a while on her face.

HB: OMG, are you serious?!?
Me: I’m totally serious.
HB: Well, you’ll never guess how old I am.
Me: How old are you?
HB: I’m only 17.
Me: Oh, that sux. Well, what’s your name?
HB: My name is HB.
Me: (shakes her hand) Well, it was nice to meet you.
HB: Yeah, totally! Thanks so much!!!

Seriously, I thought she was about 22-23 when I first pulled up there. Nevertheless, it felt good to approach, and I’m sure that made her day.

I think I felt comfortable doing that because it was sorta private...she walked up to my car; no one else could hear what was said, etc. I need to learn to get past that sticking point.
Damn that was balsy. Props.

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks, So Many Ways. I need to focus on how to make the balls consistent... Sometimes they are non-existent. Like the next day, I wank into a Subway for lunch and there is a 9+ sitting there by herself...we make eye contact as I walk in. I get my food and sit down at a table next to her. I am there almost sweating, trying to think of the “perfect” opener and worried about what the other customers will think. I procrastinate long enough for her cell phone to ring, and she stays on it until she leaves.

I talked with a buddy of mine and he hammered me for not sitting down at her table and saying Hi, and asking if the seat was taken. I think most chicks, even if taken or uninterested, would be polite and carry on a conversation.

APPROACH #4

At a Barnes and Noble, I see like a 5 or 6 or so. There is no one else around sargeable, so I figured I should try for practice. After much internal to-do about it in my brain, she walks up to the aisle I am in. I say, “Find anything interesting books today?” She says, “They’re all interesting” without looking at me and without stopping as she walks down the aisle. Eject. It was somewhat insulting because she was no prize, but still liberating b/c I approached.

Same store, a little later, I see a HB sitting in a chair where there are 2 chairs facing each other. They are like easy chairs. I go to find a book to take with me to the chair opposite her, and in that time some old geezer takes the other chair. I do nothing. In hindsight, I need to follow 3s and should have just sat down w/o a book and said hi or something.

lbfan1638

Don Juan
Reaction score
you're doing fine...keep doing it till it becomes a habit...dont hesitate because your mind is gonna come up with every conceivable excuse not to approach...so yeah ur doing fine..hell, u had the balls to approach...thats more than some kids on here have done...

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
UPDATES

Ok, so I try calling the girl from Barnes and Noble and get her voicemail. This is like 4 days after I get the #. I don’t leave a message. The next day I call from a different number. Same thing. Third day call from a third number. Same thing. The next day I call from my #, and get the voicemail again and leave a message. She returns the call the same day, but I miss her call. I call her back the next day... we talk about 20 minutes, and make arrangements for mini golf the next night. We meet up for the mini golf and she looks really good. While we play, I don’t sense any connection. She doesn’t talk much, despite my consistent efforts. There is a lot of smile and comments back and forth, but it just wasn’t clicking. Towards hold #15 or so, I begin the 4 questions game. She takes a little interest. I waiting towards the end because I wanted to be done with golf and still have to finish the 4 q’s. I sensed I needed to change tactics, because just trying to have fun and stuff with the golf wasn’t working. We finish golf and walk towards our cars. I then “remember” I still had 2 questions left to ask her. I then do the analysis. On the last question (body of water), she tells me she loves sex. It was amazing to see her transformation when I began the 4 q’s analysis. But I made a huge error...instead of then saying something like, “Are you a good kisser,” I asked some stupid logical question which changed the subject and totally changed her state. I think I asked her if she wanted to go get a smoothie or go to the beach. She says No. But we can get together later this week. I then hug her and give her a kiss (no tongue, but I should have made it a real kiss). We then talk for like 30 min. on the parking lot. She then leaves. I wait 2 days and call, and she doesn’t answer. I leave a message. 2 days later, still no return call. Oh well.

LESSON: I have learned a HUGE lesson about trying something new with the chick if what you are doing doesn’t work. Some chicks would be fun and playful during golf; she wasn’t, so I turned to cold reading b.s. That worked with her, and now I know a bridge from the last of the 4 q’s, no matter the answer: Well, are you a good kisser? Lesson learned.

Anyhow, I see this chick at the bookstore today. She walks in like 30 sec. in front of me, and this dude was coming the other way right behind her and she didn’t hold the door for him ,and let the door just about slam in his face. So I thought was a biotch. I go in, and chicken out on 3s. But, I did improve and within 3 minutes went up to her and said, “I like your sweater!” It was an usual type of sweater. She smiles and said thanks, and I could tell she was early 30's at a minimum. She was cute, but I didn’t check for a ring and didn’t follow up...kept on walking. I won’t count that as an approach, but it felt good to at least say something. And another lesson learned after the fact... next time I compliment an article of clothing or whatever, I should follow up with “Where did you get that?” and explain that my friend’s birthday is coming up (or some b.s.) And she has the same sense of style.

OK, my post is caught up now. My future posts will be in real time to when the events occur.

Looking forward to any advice, and I will continue the hunt, one step at a time if necessary.

lbfan1638

Don Juan
Reaction score
whats that 4 questions game you are talking about in the last post?

ocbeachbum

Don Juan
Reaction score
how???

I have went to Barnes and Nobles on different days, times, etc and have barely seen any girls there period. Must be pittsburgh I guess. You have balls man I give you credit..i cant do anything

wiggadude

Don Juan
Reaction score
Borders books is dead

I've been to Borders books in my downtown area several days in a row. I usually go after 7pm (that's when I have free time), but it's TOTALLY DEAD. There's nobody there.

Time to try something else..

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, the 4 questions. You make a big deal out of it and say how you just learned this cool thing where by asking 4 simple questions you can unlock the doors to someone’s personality.

#1– You are in a white room...everything is white, and you are there and no one else is. There are no windows and no doors, and everything is white. How does that make you feel?

#2– What is your favorite animal.

#3– What is your favorite color.

#4– You are at a large body of water... the gulf, the ocean, a lake, whatever. You are at the shore. What do you see yourself doing there?

When you interpret, you need to be really careful and watch her reactions and just b.s. But #1 is how she feels about death (ex: she says she feels bored and tired in the white room... you b.s. about how she must love life and be spontaneous and live for the moment, etc). #2 is how her friends see her (ex: dog– she is loyal and happy and friendly, but if you cross her she can be fierce and she is protective of those she loves, etc). #3 is how she sees herself (ex: purple– purple is a color of royalty...it has life and vibrance and passion... It is not boring like earth tones... It is regal and classy, and has some flash to it but not obnoxious, like hot pink, etc). #4 is how she feel about sex (ex: likes to surf... Well, you can interpet this one... riding the big board, powerful waves, etc). You just make all this stuff up to fit what you know/what you suspect about her. About 2/3 of the time it works *like a charm* and the other 1/3 doesn’t work at all (usually the chick is too dumb to understand) or works half-ass.

APPROACH #5

At the Barnes and Noble on Saturday afternoon. After waiting too long to approach a HB (she leaves), I approach this chick sitting on the floor in the “New Age” aisle.
Me: Is the bottom shelf where they keep all the good books?
Her: Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to be in your way.
Me: You’re not in my way. I didn’t get over that far yet. Did you find anything interesting?
Her: Well, I’ve read other books by the author before.
Me: I’m not too familiar with this section...my friend is into this stuff, and her birthday is coming up soon. I don’t know what to get her.
Her: Well just buy her what you think she will like; you can always return it.

I break away at this point because, although I couldn’t tell when she was on the floor b/f I spoke to her, when she looked at me she was about 40. Next!

WEEKENDS SUCK FOR DAYTIME:

Most people out are COUPLES or UNDERAGE. This weekend I tried bookstores (x4), Ross, Steinmart, and a few other places. I have learned to really appreciate those weekday lunches where the chicks are at least college age and almost always alone.

There have been a few times, like what you guys observed, where there just aren’t any sargeable chicks in the bookstore. When that happens, and I don’t have anyone to approach that day, I make a point to work out a little bit harder or something so I feel like I am doing something to improve with chicks.

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
APPROACH #6

I am walking down the street, and this girl is next to her car. It is in a downtown area, and she is outside her car which is parked on the side of the street. I have sunglasses on, and make EC and lock on, and so does she, and eventually (3-5 seconds) later a passing person breaks our EC. She lets out a toothless smirk/smile. I keep on. Realizing I am a fool, I return like 10 minutes later from the other direction, smile, and approach. I ask her what she is still doing there. Locked herself out of her car, blah blah blah. Ask for the #, but she says she is married. I ask, “Where’s your ring?” Some BS about she doesn’t wear one, etc. Afterwards, a friend made a good suggestion: If some BS about married or BF, say, “Well, he doesn’t have to know” with a mischievious smile. I am almost certain if I approached confidently the 1st time, it may have turned out differently.

APPROACH #7

I am at the Barnes and Nobel, and have umteen chances to approach a hot blonde. Finally ask her, “Are you going to Thailand?” b/c she is looking at books about learning Thai language. We chitchat for like 3 minutes, because after I asked her that she totally opened up to me and blabbered away. Like a fool, I allowed an awkward lull to occur, and never closed.

NON-APPROACH

Next, stop at Borders. She an OK looking chick, and ask her, “Find anything interesting?” She looks annoyed and says, “They’re all interesting” and walks off. I don’t think she even looked me in the eyes! Next.

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
NON-APPROACH

I see an angelic, gorgeous HB9 in the bookstore. I put off approaching like a chicken, and she goes to pay and leave. Then, miraculously, I am given a free 2nd chance because after paying for her book she proceeds to the café. Then, I am given a free 3rd chance and she sits her hot butt down to drink her coffee. I like a fool fail to approach and she leaves. There wasn’t even anyone really nearby to her at the café.

APPROACH # 8

At a Barnes and Nobel, I see a very cute girl, mid-20's, nice boobs and skinny body, milling around. I pass her once or twice, and she eventually plops her butt down on floor to read a book. I open with, “You look comfy,” and she takes it from there. I learned my lesson re: lulls in the convo, and refuse to allow a lull. We have an excellent coversation for about 30 minutes, I # close, and call a week later and she never calls back. I am kinda shocked b/c it all went to well. Oh, well. Next.

APPROACH #9

I see a very, very hot hispanic chick at the wal-mart, and it looks like she may be underage. She is like just standing there in the aisle forever, not doing anything. I lock EC, but don’t smile and neither does she. She knows how to play the eye game. Anyhow, I eventually approach after realizing they are setting up a display for her... she is a Dove soap rep. giving out samples or something. I allow a lull, and it is awkward. Should have just asked if she was single... this will be my default in the future. I leave, and am so ashamed, I go back after work...she is still there. I walk right up to her, and ask her out. She is single, but “just got out of a relationship” and says no. Ouch, but it felt good to march in there and do it right!

MISCELLANEOUS

Like a dummy, I sign up for Yahoo personals and the initial flurry of girls I email and talk to on the phone, etc., keeps me busy for about a week or so and takes the pressure off my to approach in real life.

More importantly, I then got the flu really bad and had a fever for 7 days straight. Then, even after fever broke, I had a sore throat and was devoid of energy for about another 4 or 5 days. That is why about a month has passed, between the personals and the flu. I am now just about recovered after resting all last weekend.

MY FIRST DAY BACK– REALLY BAD

Ok, now back to real-time. Today (2/28/05) was my first day back to sarging. I see a cute blonde go into the $ store, so I go in. I pass her in an aisle, realize she is about 18, and chicken out. Then I go to Barnes and Nobel on my lunch break. Keep in mind, I have not approached in the better part of a month at this point. I gorgeous, raunchy (=sexy) blonde walks in just before me. I never did find her in there! Then I saw a series of FOUR gorgeous girls all by themselves, and never work up the cojones to approach. One was even alone by herself in the corner of the café with no one around, and I wait so long that some dork AFC sits next to her at the next table, and he has no balls to approach either, but CB’s me. Anyway, I get back to work late from lunch and as I write this, I feel AWFUL because there were 5 chicks that I could have approached, and I approached ZERO. Many, many times I went out looking for chicks and couldn’t find one, so I am ashamed of myself. Five in one lunch hour don’t come by all that often.

Well, the day is not over, and I will stop at 2 bookstores on the way home tonite. I hope to approach and try to close at least one girl tonite, even if it is just a Pugsley style “Are you single” to get back in the swing of things. Part of my problem is I would go in the same aisle as a HB then never get the balls to say something, and the least I could have done was asked if she was single. At least I wouldn’t be feeling awful today right now as I write this.

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
NEW FOCUS AND INSPIRATION

I was inspired by hearing the story of Col. Sanders (founder of KFC). He didn’t even start KFC until he was 65 years old, and went around in his white suit from restaurant to restaurant offering to give them the recipe for free if they would give him a % of the $ they made off the chicken. He got over 1000 “No’s” before someone said yes, and the rest is history. This originally was my 50 approach journal.... But not anymore. I will keep approaching and keep posting until I find the woman of my dreams. 28 is not too old to begin and continue this journey and quest.

I have now forgiven myself for screwing up earlier today (x5), and have resolved to not let that happen again. I will keep the 3s rule in mind, and remember my default of “Are you single” if a situational opener does not present itself. Also, I will work on my confidence and “inner game,” and resolve to work out tonite. That will be my penance if I screw up...will have to work out harder or go home and work on my inner game more or something like that.

Dublinsfinest

Don Juan
Reaction score
keep going man. your doing real well.

Do me a big favour and remember this.

If you see an approachable HB, You will feel worse if you don't approach her.

Repeat...

IF YOU SEE AN APPROACHABLE HB, YOU WILL FEEL WORSE IF YOU DON'T APPROACH HER.

This is what helps me to approach women sometimes. It's so true for me and from what I'm reading, so true for you too.

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Updates...

Ok guys, it has been many months since I have posted here. After drama with the ex-gf (and learing she is getting married) and a bout of oneitis, I have some updates here.

I am not diognifying an approach with a number unless I tried to close.

APPROACH #9 (sometime in the summer)

I stop at Borders, and see a classy-looking chick, late 20's, milling around by herself. I start a conversation about the crap she is looking at, make light conversation for about 15 minutes, go for the # and she asks for mine. She *swears* she will call; I give her my # and she does call a few days later.

APPROACH #10 (sometime in the summer)

I stop for gas (and pay at the pump) and this cute-looking younger chick is working at the gas station with a Hess shirt on, standing near the front door to the quickie mart, and has a bullhorn in her hand. From her BL, she looks very sassy. I go inside for lotto tix, and on the way out, bust her on the bullhorn ("what's with the bullhorn, is that some new fashion accessory?") We talk for a couple of minutes, I ask for the number, and she raises her left hand to reveal an engagement ring. Next.

APPROACH #11 (last month)

I am at the Branes and Noble, and see a hot chick. From an aisle away, she looks smoking, and is dressed nicely. I procrastinate appproaching for like 10 minutes, and lucky for me, she does not leave the aisle. I act like I am looking at stuff in her aisle, and open her with "Are you going to be a real estate guru?" (She is in the real estate section). We have a weak conversation for 15 minutes, I go for the #, and she wants mine instead. She, too, swears she will call (see approach #9), I give her mine, and she never calls. Be-yatch.

NON-APPROACH

I see a cute girl in the Target, looking at power bars. I ask her, "Any recommendations?" She tells me all about her fav brands, fav flavors. Like a pu$$y, I fail to close when it would have been easy to do so.

APPROACH #12 (10/19/05)

I am at a Borders bookstore, and there is a smokin' hot chick outside the cafe in the outdoors seating, and no one else is around. She is using a laptop. I open with "Still working? It's after 9 pm..." and then make small talk re: her psychology class. She totally opens up to me and the dynamic changes when I run some stuff from mASF like "can I get your opinion... my friend has been dating this chick for like 4 months, and he was out of town last weekend, and she went to a party and made out with another girl... is that cheating?” and some other stuff. After 10 minutes, I get her #. Called her a few days later, left a vm, she never called back. Flake.

APPROACH #13 (10/21/05)

At a Borders, and see what looks like a really cute girl (from behind). Approach her in the aisle, ask her something about what she is looking at. Do the same routine as approach #12, but juice up the sexual innuendo just a bit. She seems into me as she totally faces me, gets closer to me, smiles, laughs at my jokes, and when there was one lull, *she* revived the convo. I tell her I am going to get coffee in the café, does she want to join me... she says yes. I buy us both coffee, and we chat for about an hour. During the convo, I ask for her #, and she asks for mine, and we program each other into our respective cell phones. At one point, she mentions her b-day is in February, and I ask how old she is going to be (I assume like 19 or 20 or so).... she will be 18. Damn, she is not legal yet. Oh, well. For the heck of it, I invite her to chill with me after work that night (no intention to follow through, just wanted to see her reaction and pactice on her) and she said yes but never called. Flake.

NON-APPROACH (10/25/05)

Go to Quizno’s for lunch, and this very cute girl is there. “You can go ahead of me.. I don’t know what I want.” I follow up with recommendations, have a brief convo, was going to ask her to sit with me, but she gets it to-go. Should have number-closed but pu$$ied out.

QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:

Hey, some of my main sticking points are:

1. Making sure I plough through to keep the conversation going.

2. Making sure I actually close after making the approach.

The good part is, I think these are better sticking points to have than being afraid of approaching in the first place (like I used to be).

Any advice???

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow dude!

this is an awesome thread, a fun read at the very least..

Why so few approaches though?? MORE MORE MORE! If you set out to approach, at least do it more or less regularly. So no f-closes at all?

Oh and also, do you not go out to clubs/bars/etc? Why are there only bookstore/store/restaurant approaches?

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
These are all "everyday' type appraches. I normally don't go to bars or clubs, but am actively seeking out wingmen to start up with bar approaches, too.

I've met a few girls online (friendster, myspace, etc) but those don't count at all. I've had quite a few f-closes from online, but not any conversions this year yet from real-life stuff.

I intent to approach much more often... I want to make it consistent. I think that is what is breaking my approach anxiety... and I think with more practice, my 2 new sticking points will go away as I get more practice.

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A few more approaches, but I'm not going to count them because they fizzled out immediately.

I stop at Borders on the way home from work, and there are 3 cute girls in the place. I procrastinate for about 5-10 minutes, and one of them leaves.

That spurs me into action, and I approach one of the other 2. I ask, "What are you looking for?" and she says, "I'm just browsing." She looks surprised/confused. I tell her my friend's b-day is coming up, and since she is into the paranormal and UFO's and psychic stuff, I don't know what to get her. I ask her if she has any suggestions. She coldly says, "No, I don't know what to tell you." We exchange a few more words, and she leaves.

The next one is when an employee comes into my aisle with this other chick who was there, and they stand next to me, and are trying to locate a book. I look over and smile, and say, "What are you guys looking for?" The employee looked like I just told her that I was the BTK Killer and wanted to eat her for dinner. What a bizarre response to a normal thing to ask someone! She manages to get out, "Uhhhhhh, what was the author's name (looking at the customer)? Smith?" I look at the customer/target, and she smiles, and doesn't say a word. I bail.

Not much to report, but it still feels good to take action instead of doing nothing and then regretting it.

I need to work on plowing through with follow-up conversation pieces, and to adhere to the 3-second rule.