Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tihash's Daytime Approach Journal

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
HBScientist-- called her yesterday and left message, asking if she wanted to go to movies tonight (had sneak preview passes). She never returned call. Oh, well. I am kinda surprised b/c her IL seemed high. Might text her in a week as one last try.

Was feeling bad for myself today. It's been a month since my breakup, and the ex and I were still texting here and there (stupid on my part, I know) but we haven't communicated in several days and I think it's really over. I still think about her a lot, and unfortunately, she is very hot so it is hard to find girls that one-up her physically and we had p0rn-star style sex so it will be hard to beat that, too. (But besting her respect and personality-wise should be no problem.)

To compound issues, the girl I've been hooking up with the last few weeks left yesterday to return home to California (she was here for a couple months to take care of her sick mom).

I was feeling kinda lonely today. Made plans with a buddy for the weekend, and he always lifts my spirits so I have that to look forward to. Tried contacting a few old friends I hadn't spoken to in a while and from one got the "hey, I'm about to have lunch with my friend, let me call you back" with no return call. Oh well.

But then I realized the cure to all of this is to be happy with myself. Then girls can augment my happiness, but they won't dictate whether I am happy. MUCH easier SAID than DONE.

So, I tell myself to go sarge. Went to two bookstores. Only one girl to talk to in each.

Approach #17

I was debating whether to count this as an approach, but I did, and will explain why in a second.

Cute girl sitting in chair at bookstore, but the chair was like in a corner with a bookcse facing it... very awkward.

Me: You look comfy there... find anything good to read?
Her: (eye contact for only a second!) Yeah...no really (and back to the book)

I eject.

Anyhow, I felt the fear of the approach and delayed a few minutes but actually did it. Plus, she was next to the cafe and other people could hear and that is a sticking point for me. So, that is why i count it as an approach... because I spoke to her and because other people could hear. Plowing through, I think, wasn't worth it because she appeared very disinterested.

PLUS... learned lesson (again) to ask OPEN-ENDED QUESTON!

Approach #18

Another bookstore. I see a girl sitting in the magazine section reading by herself. She is ok-ish, but I decide to scope out the rest of the store first for something better. Finding nothing better, about 10 minutes later I return there and she is still there.

I get a mag and sit down near her but say nothing. After 3 minutes, I say "f-this" and get a new mag and come back and open her.

Me: (while walking past/sitting down) FInd something good... what are you reading?? (remembered to ask open-ended)

Her: Oh, it's called French Women Don't Get Fat.

Me: blah blah

Don't remember all of it. She works as an insurance agent, we fluffed, I was somewhat flirty and somewhat ****y and definitely funny. I was proud of the convo.

Then, some dude who knows her comes up. They talk about 5 min. I don't join in. Then the dude steps away.

Me: Want to get together again... we can talk some more over coffee?

Her: Hmmm... that might be a good idea.

Me: Give me your number and we'll make plans one day.

Her: Ok. (I get out cell)

Her: Actually, let me give you my email instead. That's easier to reach me.

Get her email.

I know email is weak versus digits, but I didn't really care too much about this one. I was proud of my convo, and wish she was hotter (lol).

I'll keep you posted.

Advice is always welcome, guys!!

ezily

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
no, don't downplay email, especially in day approaches. Email is good because it can make a woman feel a little more comfortable with you before they meet you and will lower the chance of a flake. Just don't get caught in large e-mail convo.

Carry a pen and paper with you always. Just ask for her email straight up and as she's writing it down say "Oh write your number down as well." She'll probably do as you say. Asking for email just comes off as less threatening to some women.

just try this once and see how it goes. Just make it seem natural.

the_govner

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great job man. Very entertaining thread.

I liked your 4 questions, do you have anything else like that?

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #19

I have a bit of down time before a date (date was total waste of time, btw) so I hit a bookstore. 2 HBs walk in behind me, go to cafe, get coffee, then disappear into store.

I see them in the self help, and I make my approach.

When I round the corner, only one is there, and she is seated on floor.

Me: You look comfy down there. What are you reading?
Her: Oh, a book about breakups.
Me: ouch. Sorry to hear that.
Her blah blah
We talk about the book she is flipping through.
Me: Let me ask you for a female opinion on something. Is attempted cheating the same thing as cheating?
(the second HB now walks up and sits on the floor)
blah blah about whether it is cheating

Then I wuss out and let the convo die and walk off.

Pissed at myself for walking off, but happy I opened without much axiety and happy I opened a 2-set in daytime (well, it was night but not at a bar).

Approach #20

At a bookstore, lunchtime. I see a cute girl in the "Erotica" section, stand nearby looking at books, and she comes near me. I open her, ask what she is looking at, etc. Decent convo for about 5 minutes, then she does a "Nice talking to you" and walks off. Kinda pissed at myself for not closing. I was waiting for more rapport as we continued talking, but she just ended it. I am not sure if I should just try for the # in a few minutes' time regardless, or if I should be like this:

Her: It was nice talking to you
Me: Yeah, it was. Hey, let's talk again... what's your number?

OR, just let it go and let her go under the theory if she liked me she would have kept talking.

Thoughts??

Approach #21

Same bookstore. I see another chick come in. Great body, dressed sorta sexy in heels, pin-striped pants, and a white button down shirt with one too many buttons undone. THe body is smoking, the face is merely "Ok." Not LTR worthy, but I want to approach and wait a few minutes then there are other people around, she is sitting in a chair almost in a corner, etc. Basically, I talk myself out of it.

I think she leaves the store. So after looking for another prospect (none), I go to leave.

I see her on a bench outside. She is smoking.

I sit next to her on the bench.

Me: hey there
Her: Hi
Me: I saw you inside... I was going to ask you what you were looking for and before I could you were gone.
Her: Oh, I was just looking around killing some time.

Then we talk about all kinds of stuff. She used to live here, but moved to New Orleans, and just got back here a week ago. She is looking at apartments and looking for a job. I notice after a few minutes she has no bra on. I started kino early, and she reciprocates. She shares she used to be half owner of an adult toy store. Then we start talking about sex a little. It is around 1:00, a little later, when we start talking and I tell her I have an appointment at my office at 3:00 (I really do). Told her I was just killing time until then. I practically have my arm around her on the bench after a while as we talk. When talking about sex, I tell her how so many people have hang-ups and put on a facade and are too afraid to be who they really are. I tell her I never judge people, etc. Anyhow, at one point, she says:

Her: Want to do something until your meeting?
Me: Sure, Well, my meeting is in a little bit. Want to ride with me to my office, and you can hang out in the conference room while I meet with my client.. he will be there only like 10 minutes. Then we can chill afterwards.
Her: Sure

We walk to my car. Driving to my office:

Me: Hey, I have to stop at my house for a minute to pick something up. Then we will go to my office.
Her: Ok. Cool.

We get to my house. She says she likes my place, etc. She wants to use the bathroom. I get a condom and put it in my pocket thinking I might get laid at my office.

I'm showing her around, and we are standing really close together, and she grabs my tie, pulls me in, and kisses me.

She starts undressing me, we go to the bedroom, no LMR.

I tell her to suck it for a minute before we have sex and she does. I then do her.

The pu$$y was tight, she has fake boobs, and had a tone body. Like I said, unfortunately the face was somewhat lacking. She is bi.

I'd never had a same day lay from a daytime pickup before.

I take her to my office, then take her back to my house after the meeting. I do her again.

Then I return her to the bookstore parking lot.

She said she'd call me tonight but didn't. I don't really care!

It was quite surreal.

And to think, I FRICKIN CHICKENED OUT AND ALMOST MISSED THIS OPPORTUNITY!!

So, all those times I had approach anxiety, I could not only have been missing the opportunity to meet my next LTR, but also could have been missing the opportunity to get laid the same day!

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #22

Sorry for not posting in a while. I stopped sarging for a few weeks while foolishly talking to the ex. Anyhow, #22 was last month.

I was at Panera. Saw this really cute girl sitting by herself in a booth wearing blue scrubs. She was doing what looked like homework with a calculator and stuff. One of my sticking points is cafe-style pick up. No eye contact possible... I'm at a table where I can see her, but she cannot see me.

Takes me 20 minutes to get the nutz up to do it (thank God she stayed!). I walk up to her table...

Me: "Hey, can I ask you a question real quick?" (with a smile)
Her: smiles "Sure"

**I took the "sure" as my cue to sit down at her booth**

Me: Where did you get that shirt? I absolutely love the color... it is like Papa Smurf blue.

Her: Ummm... well, it's from...

Me: laughing I'm just kidding. I saw you and thought you were cute and had to come over and meet you. So what are you doing here... homework or something?

blah blah... she works for medtronics, new to area, went to UF just like me, but I am not used to such a bold approach so my heart is still beating a million beats a minute and it is affecting my conversational skills.

I have her laughing, and it is a good, short, albeit somewhat mildly awkward conversation. There is a lull, and this is where I screw up big time:

Me: Are you single?

Her: Actually, I just started dating someone a few weeks ago.

Me: Oh. Are you happy?

Her: Yeah, so far.

Me: Ok, well it was nice talking to you. And I eject.

I KNOW to never ask if she is single... but I screwed it up.

Still proud of making (for me) a bold approach, no eye contact, busy restaurant where others could see and hear what I was doing, etc.

As always, advice/thoughts are welcome.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hella ballsy and I liked the follow-up. It seemed so money. You definitely seemed to come in on a high with your opener and followup. How was the Body language going for you? In my experiences and others I have read, when I come in on a high, fun point and she is receptive it is full steam ahead. What went wrong and caused the lull?

Anyways, when she found out she was happy, you have two options
a) Walk away
b) Talk about her relationship for a better understanding with future chicks or if you are feeling a real good connection/interested in a challenge: use it on her

In my opinion the possibilities are endless. When the topic of relationships come up with a stranger, people often approach it with an uncanny candor that they would not use with their friends/family. Conversation offshoots I would use are:
- Is he marriage material?
- How did you meet?
- Are you still in the lovey-dovey stage?

or any stuff that gets her reliving memories and fun times in her head and questioning her commitment to this guy. There is a slight subtleness that you have to use though, just talk to her like a friend would (save for a couple sexual suggestive comments/jokes every now and then)

I think you threw in the towel when the bout just started getting good... but if you are one of those super-moral seducers (oxymoron?) then just disregard all of this advice and happy sarging

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is from 5/10/08

Still catching up on inputting ym approaches from the last few weeks.

Approach #23

This is a local bar. I am waiting for my friend to come in. I see a girl by herself at a table. I walk up.

Me: What are you doing sitting here all by yourself?
Her: with a digusted look... I'm not here by myself.
Me: Oh. I'm waiting for my friend to fisnish putting on her makeup in her car, but I swear it's been like 15 minutes already.
Her: no response

I eject. Later I see her bf come up to her. I guess he had been taking as big dump or something. Whatever.

Approach #24

Same bar, same night. I go to the bar to get a drink. A chick is next to me at bar.

Me: Are you going to drink your drink and still keep chewing your gum?
Her: Yeah.

I see her again later by herself.

Me: Hey, did you see the crazy old lady running around here trying to get tips for the band?
Her: yeah, she is nuts.

blah blah

Her bf is in the band.

Eject.

LESSONS: Bars and clubs are not my thing. I prefer daytime. However, if I am at a bar or club, I need to not be like a vulture and go for the weak and dying (i.e., chicks by themselves). I really need to open sets and go all out.

AND, thanks to Mic Fiend for the advice. It has been a while since I thought about it, but Approach #22 could have gone much better. Herte is a chick who just started dating someone. She may not be "single," but she may not be exclusive yet either. Should have closed. Duh. And she was proably way impressed with the ballsy approach. Chicks seem to really dig it if you go in with balls. I'm a dumba$$ sometimes.

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, it's been a while. The ex and I reconciled last year, but we broke up again a month ago.

I am rusty, but slowly getting back into the swing of things. I will do 250 approaches (or until I get a new, high-quality GF).

I am renumbering now and starting over at one.

It's funny for me to read back over my past successes (esp. my same day lay from the bookstore) and still not have hardly any confidence. I guess that's like an out of shape dude looking back at pictures of himself when he was buff. It's still a lot of work to get back there.

Last edited:

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #1

This was at a bookstore on 8/24/09. I see HBNosering and she is a 7.5. Cute face, nice body, in workout clothes. I notice her noticing me. She comes to the aisle next to mine. I get close then puss out. I say screw this and ask what she is looking for. She is in New Age section and looking at books on weird stuff. We talk (awkwardly bc i was rusty) for 5-7 min, I ask for the number and get it. She later flakes. Next!

Approach #2

I chicken out a bunch and 2 friends go to a bar with me and I tell them come hell or high water I'm going to do 5 approaches.

First one is a girl who drops her phone near me. I say look at you starting all this trouble. I ask her name. Ask her to sit next to me. She says she has to find her friend. I say your friend can find you. She leaves after toasting me. Funny, I see her later and she asks me to buy her a drink. Not. Next. She have gotten the number, though. Rusty, rusty.

Approach #3

Same bar. Approach a seated girl and ask her what her tattoo is of. She says a dragon. I don't plow through, she doesn't seem interested. I think promising myself to do X number of apporaches in one night made me lame. Oh well, I'm just getting back into it.

Approach #4

Same bar. I see a 2-set seated. I ask if they are having a good time. The one I am speaking to literally rolls her eyes at the other in front of me. What a biatch. Next.

Approach #5

Same bar. I see a girl by herself about 10 feet from her friends texting. I talk her her for a minute and her friends pull her away. "I have to go now. Nice talking to you." In retrospect, I should have asked her name then asked for the number.

Approach #6

Same bar. I approach a 2-set and they won't give me the time of day. Totally not into me. Whatever. Next.

Approach #7

In a grocery store. This is my first grocery store approach ever. She is looking at whole wheat pasta that is buy one get one free. I ask her if she ever had whole wheat pasta. Yes, and it is good she says. Blah blah for like 20 seconds. I don't plow through because I am a chicken and rusty but also because sh elooked a lot better from far away. Too old for me and a big nose. Should have plowed thru for practice.

Approach #8

Was invited to a house party/singles mixer. HBMBA is there. She is the only truly hot girl. I am at the party about 4 hrs and for about 90 minutes off and on am talking to her. Get the digits and call about 24 hrs later. Leave a voicemail. I am now 2 days after that and no return call. I'm going to text her as a last resort "Playing hard to get already?" 2 days from now. I hate flakes!

Last edited:

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #9

Had a bit of time during lunch today so I stopped at Barnes & Noble. To my surprise, HBVegan was there. I saw her at first in cookbooks, and violated the 3s rule.

Within 5 minutes I saw her standing in front of an endcap looking at a book on vegan meals.

Me-- Are you a vegan?
Her-- Yes.
Me-- Some of my friends are vegetarian but I always get that confused with vegan.
blah
blah blah

I need to remember to smile, and to be more C&F.

To my credit, there was a lull and I plowed thru and kept chatting with her. Although it was a bit awkward, I did close and asked for her number. I preceded that by asking what her name was. She didn't ask mine (but I told her) and she didn't try to shake my hand, 2 bad signs but whatever.

She asked for my number (3rd bad sign in a row) and I gave her my card. I don't expect to hear from her, but she is just practice for when I stumble upon the girl of my dreams one day soon. :cool:

Thyme

Don Juan
Reaction score
good to see your up and running man. ill be checkin in every once in a while to see your updates

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday I am at a bookstore and a young hottie is there. I was in the next aisle, and unlike before, instead of waiting 15 min. to approach, I was over in her aisle within 3 minutes or so. But, not 3s. So, of course, fate punishes me by having her walk out and leave as I was making my way towards her. Lesson learned. 3 minutes is 177 seconds too long.

Today at a bookstore and a cute girl is there but she walks over to "Young Adult." Now, school is in session and she would have to be at least 18 and college age to be at the bookstore at noon on a weekday, but being 32 it made me feel funny and I didn't step in to her. On to...

Approach #10

HBAsian is looking at a book on the GRE. I hesitate for a minute or 2 then move in.

Me: Is that the GRE you are studying for?
Her: Yeah, blah blah
Me: What are you going to grad school for?
Her: Don't know, blah

Basically, she was either shy, uninterested, or doesn't get approached often in a place like that. I had to keep plowing through. At first it felt like I was conducting an interview. I tried to remember to smile and keep it light, but she wasn't making my job easy, lol.

We talk for about 7-10 min mostly about school, jobs, careers, etc. I ask her name and we shake hands. Told her I had to go and asked for the number. She seemed a little taken aback but gave it up.

She will most likely flake but I don't care as she doesn't fit the profile of my dream girl or anything.

I look at this as practice for when I met the dream girl type of girl.

Lessons learned:

Approach and get it over with
Plow through-- she may just open up to you
Close no matter what-- even if she is a flake, how would you know if you didn't close
Consider everything practice

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #11

At a bookstore today. I see a girl in between psychology and "Test Preparation." She is very pretty, and is standing just about in front of the SAT book. I convince myself she is probably in high school and too young. I get near her and still don't muster up enough to ask what she is reading.

Later, I see her in the bookstore cafe. I can see her face clearly and she ain't no highschooler. I'd estimate 22 or so. I sit next to her in the cafe.

Sweat for 5 minutes while flipping though a magazine. Finally look over and see her book is called something like "Understanding the Female Brain."

I open her on it and we talk for like 30 seconds. Then I let it die. She is an 8.5 or 9. Very hot.

I re-open her in a few minutes, and keep going like that a few times. It dies then I re-open. I keep telling myself "plow through."

We establish somewhat of a normal conversation, but she truly seems interested in going back to her book. I tell her it was nice talking to her, what's your name. Told her I had to go, we should talk again sometime. She says she has a BF. Fair enough.

Lessons:

It feels good to talk to hot girls... eventually one will be single and interested
Time spent procrastinating is totally wasted time
It pays to plow through
Who cares if other people hear you doing PU
Stop assuming these hot girls are all underage

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #12

Ok, so a friend wants me to go to a bar with her tonight to meet a guy she met last week at the same bar. Anyhow, I see this slutty, HB8.5 in a miniskirt come in by herself. She is lounging in a chair, alone, and smoking with one hand and a drink in the other. Total ho. But hot. I got over and have a nice 5-7 minute convo, she is appearing to be into the convo, she tells me she lives nearby, never goes out (yeah, right) and is just there for a drink (at 11pm on a Monday??). Anyhow, she is leaving, I go for the number, tells me she has a bf. Whatever. next. PS-- many guys looked, but no one approached but me.

Approach #13

This chick comes to our table to ask if we are using a chair. Turns out she works with my friend. We get her and her ugly sister to sit with us. She and I talk for quite a while, at least 35 minutes, and she and sis leave to go inside. When I go to leave, I track her down, ask for the number, and she says she has a bf. Sure. Nxxt.

Lessons:

I hate bars, so make sure I take EVERY opportunity during daytime
Maybe I should close earlier (see appro. #13) to save time
The hot slut in appro. #12 was open to me talking to her-- no reason for AA
Did I mention I hate bars? Plus I hate all the extra calories from drinking

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good stuff going for the number every time. Props

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the support Thyme and macallik.

Approach #14

Not too much to say here. I'm at Target, see an 8 or so in the aisle looking at air freshener. She is late 20's, maybe 30.

Me: Have you used those plug-in fresheners before? Are they any good?
Her: (deadly 4 second wait)... Yeah. Glade is more expensive but it is better than whatever other brand.
Me: Oh. I didn't know if they would be overpowering. Sometimes the plug-in things can be like that.
Her: That's how I like it.
Me: laugh. Oh, you like your place to be really fragrant.
Her: Walks away.

I don't think she looked me in the eyes at all. She never smiled. She never laughed.

No reason (or way) to plow through.

Some people just won't talk to you. Her loss. Next.

daygameguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tihash said:
Me: What are you going to grad school for?
Her: Don't know, blah
hahahaha

man you are doing good. keep it up. For your age, have a good idea of the type of girl that you would really love being with, but keep practicing.

since you're mostly doing day game, here are a few tips:

try to hug the girl within 30 secs.
try to smile a lot.
try to give value.. "what are you studying.. what job do you do etc" she answers and you say - "Respect!" smiling.. that's giving value. Works awesomely well. Closing will be a piece of cake if you can Hug her, and give value. Some girls are morons. Don't bother with them..move on.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
daygameguy said:
hahahaha

man you are doing good. keep it up. For your age, have a good idea of the type of girl that you would really love being with, but keep practicing.

since you're mostly doing day game, here are a few tips:

try to hug the girl within 30 secs.
try to smile a lot.

try to give value.. "what are you studying.. what job do you do etc" she answers and you say - "Respect!" smiling.. that's giving value. Works awesomely well. Closing will be a piece of cake if you can Hug her, and give value. Some girls are morons. Don't bother with them..move on.
These things can VERY easily come off as creepy
As for a 32 year old trying to sound like Ali G.. I don't think its the right route but what do I know

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, guys.

I stopped at WalMart Friday night on the way to hanging out with a friend and man are there some young slvts there. Probably too young, (ie, under 18), but it was interesting.

I was waiting in line and this chick in another line was looking at me and I didn't look away (like I normally do) and held the gaze and she busted out with a smile but she was gone before I was done in my line so I didn't get to talk to her. She was really cute, in college (had the local college sweatshirt on), etc. Oh, well. But it made me feel good about myself. On to...

Approach #15

At a local museum. It was museum day, so admission was free. Very packed inside. See a girl who is only okish, maybe 6.5, but she would make good practice. It is hard finding a lone wolf there.

Me: So what's that painting about?
Her: I don't know. It says blah blah
Me: Oh, yeah I see that. blah blah
(we kinda jointly figure out the meaning together)

She moves on to 2 paintings away. I pursue in about 10 seconds.

Me: Do you like this artist? Do you know a lot about the symblism he uses?
Her: Not really, but I have a few books.
Me: Have you been here before?
Her: Yeah, but it was like 10 years ago. blah blah

Turns out she used to live here, then moved to Michigan, then back. We talk about living in different places, etc.

I ask her about her tattoo to further transition away from museum talk. She tells me it is from a movie. We then talk indie movies, Quintin Taratino, blah blah.

I keep the convo going although she is making it pretty easy to do so.

I don't want to keep farting around so I ask her name, she asks mine and she shakes my hand, then I go for the number.

Me: It was really cool talking to you.
Her: Yeah, same here. I should go find my group.
Me: We should talk again sometime.
Her: Actually... .... I'm in a relationship.
Me: Oh, well that's--
Her: My boyfriend is here, with my group I came with.
Me: No problem. You take care.

Here is a big sticking point of mine, fellas:

I can do the line wolf thing if circumstances are right, but if a girl is with a friend (either daytime or at a bar) I find it much more difficult.

I really like daygame much better than bars, so any advice on how to open a 2-set in daytime? Surely it can be (and is) done with success by other guys...

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #16

Ok, this is really 2 approaches but I am only giving myself half credit for each because I didn't plow through enough.

The first is at a bookstore. She looks hot from afar in her shorts, tank top, platform shoes, and ankle bracelet. She is in the Business books section. I screw up the 3s rule and start at the end of her aisle and make my way down to her. Anytime I ddo that it is dumb on my part. Anyhow, turns out she is probably 35.

Me: Find anything good.
Her: Yeah, this one might be good.
Me: What is it?
Her: The One Minute Manager.
Me: Oh, Ken Blanchard has written a lot of business books. Is that about time management?
Her: Not really. It is about how to get things done effectively.
Me: have any recommendations for books on time management?
Her: Not really.
Me: Are you trying to be a better manager?
Her: No, I'm looking for a book for my supervisor.
Me: Oh, so you're going to tell the boss how to do their thing better. Cool. (I laugh)
Her: (no laugh)
Me: What kind of business are you in?
Her: I'm a regional manager for Planned Parenthood.
Me: Do you have to travel a lot?
Her: Not really.
I let it die. she walks away.

She never smiled the whole time. Honestly, I'm not sure if I did either. She had a cold mannerism about her.

At Target, I go in the office supplies aisle. Cute girl in a sundress. When she smiles I see some crows feet, so I'd guess 30 or so.

Me: Do you know what the difference is between "mailing tape" and "mailing and packing tape"?
Her: Sure don't. I'm trying to figure out the difference between Scotch Tape, Invisible Tape, and Target brand tape, and why the most expensive is triple the price of the lease expensive.
Me: Oh. I do know that the cheap stuff isn't good. You can probably do well with Scotch.
Her: Oh, ok.
quiet for a few seconds
Me: You don't have your favorite tape brand already figured out?
Her: No, I don't use tape that much.

I walk past her to look at post-it notes.

She leaves about 20 seconds later, and says "Good luck" with a smile as she passes by. I will say the Target girl was definitely much friendlier than the bookstore Planned Parenthood feminist.

My sticking point:

I am a believer in cold approaches. My last LTR was from a cold approach and she was hot. So I believe in them and know they can work. But, for example, talking about tape in the aisle ain't gonna do it. I need a consistent transition for times when I can't think of something on the spot. Some women are very talkative, some open right up, some are wearing a piece of jewelry or a tattoo you can comment on, etc. But many don't.

This is what I was thinking as a last resort for situations like these 2 today.

When it isn't going anywhere other than me asking questions about the topic of the opener, I can say:

"Sorry for the lame questions. I was just trying to keep the conversation going because you're really cute. Are you single"?

If yes, then ask for name and go from there.

I think this may be a nice blend of indirect to direct.

Now, if there is a great convo, I won't need to use that line and can just converse about whatever and eventually close. But for the situs like those above I am going to try it out.

Comments or suggestions?