Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Throwing Huge Parties

crossboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What does it take to throw, huge parties. I'd like to learn this. Maybe have a party of 30 people. I am not the greatest, at making friends. What would be a good first step.

Boxer

Don Juan
Reaction score
"I'm having a party. Bring your friends"

nah I'm just kidding I'm sure there is more to it then that. I've never thrown a party myself. I'm looking foward for the answer.

Last edited:

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sadly, you need a reason for people to come. Usually if you have a keg, preferably two, a lot of people will come. Not only that, but word will just spread.

For my birthday I bought one keg, and the rest of my friends pitched in for another one. We also charged anybody who came a couple bucks and would hand them a cup. I made about half of my money back, which isn't too bad considering it was a wild night.

The key is preparation. You have to be sending invites weeks in advanced. People knew about my party 3 weeks before it even happened. I also invited EVERYBODY. I hit up old friends on myspace, if I ran into people I would tell them about it, handed my number out a lot, told people to spread the word.. etc.. I can honestly say I invited over 100+ people. And the turn out (when it was at it's peak) was probably about 60 people. I'd say half of those people were people I actually invited, the others were people I didn't know who heard about it and jumped on the band wagon. So the more people you invite, the more your turn out rate should be. Don't be disappointed if people don't come. Don't be blowing up your buddies telling them "where you at". You left everybody else do that for you. If the party is good, people will want to bring their friends. Also, invite as many girls as you can. All your cute friends. Girls will keep the guys around, and the girls even longer. If you have a sausage fest party then it will show that your value is low. People will get bored, and leave. People go to parties to get drunk and hook up. Girls love competition. If a girl shows up anywhere and automatically knows she is the hottest girl there, she will be a b!tch and boring, ensue drama, and annoy people to the point of leaving. If you have a good number of cute girls, it evens the playing field a bit. There will be a lot of competitiveness, and it actually allows people more opportunity to hook up. Not just because the numbers are higher, but simply because competition will put a girl in her place. You've got to have them all fighting to be queen bee.

So plan weeks in advance. Get the word out asap. And invite a ridiculous amount of people. Expect about only half of the people you invite to show up. So if you want 30 people to come, expect to invite about 60-75 people. And make sure that there is plenty of alcohol for everybody. Do not run out. There's also little details such as music and stuff, but it's not really all that important. The PEOPLE are what make the party. Wouldn't be a bad idea to have a good DJ though. Or just make a playlist on your ipod and hook it up to some stereos. That's what I do.

Good luck.

-Scars

harkkam08

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude thats awesome advice but what if you only know like ten people?

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^ Then you're ****ed. It takes friends to make friends. If you're in a situation where everyone is already in their cliques, you're just ****ed. This is becoming more and more evident to me every day.

As to throwing the party, you'll spend a lot of money on kegs, less than half the people who say they are coming will actually show up, the guy/girl ratio will be TERRIBLE, the night will eventually devolve into groups of 5-6 guys all pawing at the same girl, and your place will get wrecked. At least that's my experience. I'd rather just go out, at least you don't have to clean up the next day.

Chromeo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I throw parties with hundreds of people. if you tell ten people about the party, tell them to each invite ten people. BAM! thats 100 people. Get a dj, and two kegs and have a graphic designer make a flyer. Give yourself about a week to promote the party.

If you build it they will come!

crossboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scars said:
Sadly, you need a reason for people to come. Usually if you have a keg, preferably two, a lot of people will come. Not only that, but word will just spread.

For my birthday I bought one keg, and the rest of my friends pitched in for another one. We also charged anybody who came a couple bucks and would hand them a cup. I made about half of my money back, which isn't too bad considering it was a wild night.

The key is preparation. You have to be sending invites weeks in advanced. People knew about my party 3 weeks before it even happened. I also invited EVERYBODY. I hit up old friends on myspace, if I ran into people I would tell them about it, handed my number out a lot, told people to spread the word.. etc.. I can honestly say I invited over 100+ people. And the turn out (when it was at it's peak) was probably about 60 people. I'd say half of those people were people I actually invited, the others were people I didn't know who heard about it and jumped on the band wagon. So the more people you invite, the more your turn out rate should be. Don't be disappointed if people don't come. Don't be blowing up your buddies telling them "where you at". You left everybody else do that for you. If the party is good, people will want to bring their friends. Also, invite as many girls as you can. All your cute friends. Girls will keep the guys around, and the girls even longer. If you have a sausage fest party then it will show that your value is low. People will get bored, and leave. People go to parties to get drunk and hook up. Girls love competition. If a girl shows up anywhere and automatically knows she is the hottest girl there, she will be a b!tch and boring, ensue drama, and annoy people to the point of leaving. If you have a good number of cute girls, it evens the playing field a bit. There will be a lot of competitiveness, and it actually allows people more opportunity to hook up. Not just because the numbers are higher, but simply because competition will put a girl in her place. You've got to have them all fighting to be queen bee.

So plan weeks in advance. Get the word out asap. And invite a ridiculous amount of people. Expect about only half of the people you invite to show up. So if you want 30 people to come, expect to invite about 60-75 people. And make sure that there is plenty of alcohol for everybody. Do not run out. There's also little details such as music and stuff, but it's not really all that important. The PEOPLE are what make the party. Wouldn't be a bad idea to have a good DJ though. Or just make a playlist on your ipod and hook it up to some stereos. That's what I do.

Good luck.

-Scars

Great Advice. I think I should bring 90% girls. I have thrown a couple of parties in the past, when I was younger. Most of the time, it was about 10 guys and zero girls. So, I guess, I need to do work on making close lady friends. The problem is, if they need to be decent friends for them to show up. I can't rely, on my guy friends to bring girls. It will make me look bad. So, if I invite a lot girls it will be less likely to be a sausage fest.