Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Thoughts about David DeAngelo and Double your Dating? [merged threads]

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Really?

Have anyone one of you actually READ his book? It is full of elementary stuff from the Bible, and boat loads of contradictions.

He is a MONEY MAKER, thats all.

DJ Alejandro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
has he responded?

GQ Prettyboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been getting D`Angelo`s newsletters for a while now and they all sound the same to me. First, he talks about stuff we already know like attraction, not to act wussy and other bullsh!t. I just read it strictly strictly for entertainment. I get women so what the fuk should I even ponder upon his informaton. Some you guys need stop thinking getting women is a math equation. In other words, it is not worth it sit up all day and all night worrying about if what you`re doing right techniques. Get out there and have fun.

xblitz44x

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also give him credit for being able to recognize a huge pool of desperate, frustrated men and to sell them the one thing that everyone of them would buy: HOPE. He gave 'ugly' guys hope, guys who are shy and can't seem to be able to break themselves out of their shell to have conversations. He gave them *something to say* and hope.

Just because guys weren't getting laid before David D, doesn't mean that they COULDN'T have gotten laid. They talked their own selves out of it. Their own issues fvcked up their chances to get laid. So they lost hope. They started to wallow in it. Now here comes David D. with the proclaimed "Secret of Attraction", and suddenly there is hope again.

Now guys are having conversations, and spitting the '****y/funny'. And they are attributing the attraction to these 'methods'. Little do they understand or realize that it was never the methods that made the woman attracted. And it was never the methods that got him laid. What got him laid was the HOPE, the confidence in *something* (since he obviously didn't have it in himself), that gave him the drive to go out there and actually do it.

That's all it is. If you don't see that, then it's because you choose not to because it would invalidate your religion , and then your faith in it which caused you to get off your ass to do it in the first place.

jbbrain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
strangely enough, I went over to a buddies' wedding in hawaii last summer. Turned out his best man was this surfer type from san diego, this guy eric. Best of all (he automaically became interesting in my book) he made his living back home by giving NLP and SS seminars to guys around the US. He's personally met basically ALL the dating guruas here.

I asked him about David D. (aka Evan Pagan apparently), he told me Evan was a good conversationalist, but sub par closer (or maybe the other way around, in any case..)

About his newsletters, my friend claims most of the stories are completely fabricated. Nonetheless, he gave Evan props for his skills, and as Blitz pointe out, that most important sense of hope many men get after leaving his seminars.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what xblitz and jbbrain said about david d. is true. the only frame of reference i have is his free newsletter. his advice, while very redundant and non-unique, is solid.

his general theme is simply this: don't be a wuss. don't be needy and clingy. don't let a woman chop your b@lls off. treat women like the spoiled brats that they generally are, in a C&F manner of course.

this is also the theme of sosuave and the bible. who cares if he's selling DVD's? more power to him. i would never buy that junk, nor anything else similar to it.

as far as him being a real DJ, unverified? we'll i've got some very bad news for you...everyone here on sosuave is unverified as well.

40quid

Don Juan
Reaction score
In defense of DeAngelo

Originally posted by xblitz44x
I also give him credit for being able to recognize a huge pool of desperate, frustrated men and to sell them the one thing that everyone of them would buy: HOPE. . . . And it was never the methods that got him laid. What got him laid was the HOPE, the confidence in *something* (since he obviously didn't have it in himself), that gave him the drive to go out there and actually do it. . . .

That's all it is. If you don't see that, then it's because you choose not to because it would invalidate your religion , and then your faith in it which caused you to get off your ass to do it in the first place.
I think this hits the nail right on the head. I had gotten to the point in my life where I thought that I was a complete and utter failure with women . . . and so I just gave up. I did nothing to improve myself. I never went out and I started to alienate some of my friends.

So, along comes fastseduction.com, sosuave.com, and DeAngelo. I look at these things as tools to get me motivated to work on my inner game and improve on my physical appearance. Once I realized that I was a good person that deserved to be in good relationships, everything started to fall in place. I started learning about new things to expand my horizons. I've started working out again. Everything that I gave up, because I thought I was a failure became new again. What these tools have helped me realize is that I needed to work on myself and not have women be the center of my universe.

And you know what? Things are changing for me. I'm so much happier now than I was a year ago. This sparked a quiet confidence in myself that is starting to attract the women.

So, I have to say, while you might have been able to find all the stuff that DeAngelo talks about in the DJ Bible -- his talent is in his presentation. He presents the material in a logical fashion that makes it readily accessible and not so intimidating.

Of course, despite all these tools around you -- they won't help you if you're not willing to get off your ass and try them out.

ManOfTheHour

Reaction score
I really don't think you guys understand what DeAngelo is all about. Yes, so his book is full of contradictions and things that only work for a specific type of personality. But when you guys go out to college, you will realize that the books you read do contradict themselves as well (whether it's math, science, psychology). However, all these minor faults in text (like those in DeAngelo's book) don't keep those who read them to become great doctors, mathematicians, psychologists, and writers. I own a copy of his book, and besides giving me a solid base when I was getting started, it also was an inspiration to do as much as i could to improve myself and try to become a better person in general. One 'contradiction' that I don't believe is true,however, is that he says all women are the same. He clearly states that women are not all the same, but they have more similarities than differences. I think those of you criticizing him are entitled to your own opinion, just as I am to my own. Remember, always do as much as you can to imrprove. It doesn't matter if it's reading this forum everyday or buying E-books and seeing what works and what doesn't.

George

J-Man

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
im willing to bet that you can just go download this off of |< @ z z @. search either his name or "double your dating" or "DYD." you can get anything off of that program lol.

i think his main book, double your dating, is pretty much worthless newb crap, and its already been stated why. but there is a small book named "sex secrets" which goes *in detail* about tips in the bedroom, like anticipation, two steps forward one step back, etc. LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING: i have field tested it, and it is AMAZING STUFF.

use this site for getting her in the bedroom, and use that little e-book for making her dream of coming back.

redphoenix

Reaction score
DeAngelo

His material is pretty good! I've read the posts that think his material is expensive and that he's getting greedy? what B.s

If he has the goods that work! its his privilige to name his price to share it...noones forcing anyone to buy...but I have all his stuff..it works and the more I learn and apply the better I seem to get at getting the kind of women I want..

Aussies etc that winge about how expensive his material is..I have some advice, get a job! stop living off welfare....better yet get a better attitude...

I fully endorse his works as well as Ross Jeffries material, simply because it does work...and you can tailor it to any country...

my 2 cents...

DJ Alejandro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you know why i read his newsletter? im more after of the 'field reports' the guy give him and how he may suggest handling the problem.

especially the success stories the guys tell him. kinda like an FR newsletter for me.

JT47319

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DYD and DJ tends to lay the foundation and basics of pickup. What you can learn there is probably an eye opener to most AFCs. But at a certain point, you outgrow the basics and the training wheels come off.

IMO, fastseduction.com is a more niche, advanced crowd for pulling hot chicks at bars/clubs and going for the lay within an accumulated 4 to 10 hour gametime (ie 1 hour convo at the bar, 0.5 hour phone convo, 2 hour Day2 date, another 2 hour date to your place, and then bang her). You can learn advanced **** like why horny girls automatically freeze up when they see a condom and how to override that response, etc.

Romeo0310

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by GQ Prettyboy
I have been getting D`Angelo`s newsletters for a while now and they all sound the same to me. First, he talks about stuff we already know like attraction, not to act wussy and other bullsh!t. I just read it strictly strictly for entertainment. I get women so what the fuk should I even ponder upon his informaton. Some you guys need stop thinking getting women is a math equation. In other words, it is not worth it sit up all day and all night worrying about if what you`re doing right techniques. Get out there and have fun.
Well look at the disclaimer in his newsletters at the bottom. It says it is for entertainment only. I will copy and paste it for you below:

--------------------------------------------------
Copyright 2004 David DeAngelo Communications
Inc., All Rights Reserved. Double Your Dating
and David DeAngelo are trademarks of David
DeAngelo Communications Inc. You agree to all of
the following by accepting and reading this: You
understand this to be an expression of opinions
and not professional advice. It is only to be
used for personal entertainment purposes. You are
solely responsible for the use of the ideas,
concepts, and content and hold David DeAngelo
Communications Inc. and all members and affiliates
harmless in any event or claim. If you are under
the age of 18, please go to the link at the end
of this e-letter to stop receiving it or send
mail to "DDMI" 3960 Howard HughesPkwy, 5th Floor
Las Vegas, NV 89109.
--------------------------------------------------

Romeo0310

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ Alejandro
has he responded?
No, he never responds to my emails and never posts testimonials unless they are positive ones, it seems.

I think DeAngelo is too WUSSY himself to respond to emails that don't conform to his contrived world. LOL

Romeo0310

Don Juan
Reaction score
By the way, I have used some of DeAngelo's C&F lines verbatim to girls I approach, and usually all that happens is they either laugh, look at me perplexed, or look annoyed. It doesn't create attraction, at least not in reality.

What attracts each girl is different, and even if she's attracted, she still follows her intuition about you too. There is no formula or equation here. It's all about vibes, chemistry, and individual tastes.

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: The 'Double Your Dating" Book

Originally posted by Thresh
Hey all,
I live in Australia and i was thinking of getting the book. Since Australia's dollar is almost half of the American dollar, i figure this book will cost me near the $100 mark i have no credit card so money order

I was wondering if its worth the money?

how much did it help?
your rating out of 10?plz

thanks
I enjoyed his ebook and his emails. I've always been good with the ladies, but he taught me a couple of things I never even thought of. Is it worth $100? Well, that's for you to decide.

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally I enjoyed the videos of his seminars (though I didn't pay for them) and found a lot of useful theories and advice in terms of keeping a woman's interest and not letting her disrespect you. He also does a very good job of explaining the psychology of attraction.

However, I think his pick up advice is a bit too optimistic and unrealistic in some instances, and I found myself doubting the truth of a lot of his stories.

I also think that there's a little too much cynicism in his teachings, suggesting ALL women are b*tches and users. A lot of the things he suggests I thought were too harsh and would probably offend and frighten off any self-respecting woman in an instant.

But I am very cautious about taking advice from anybody who treats it as a business. I'd much rather hear about the experiences of people I can relate to and form my own judgement, than take the word of one self-proclaimed master.