Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

This is rich - I put my boyfriend on a Performance Improvement Plan to save our relationship

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not as bad as it sounds since this is a Chinese-American woman with likely a Chinese born or Chinese-American boyfriend who is an Engineer. I can identify with why she did it.

A White woman would never do something like that for her White boyfriend. A White woman would either just leave and/or monkey branch and leave when she's not happy.

I would not react well to a PIP in a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship. I don't want my personal life to resemble a soul sucking white collar office job in any way. If a woman were to do that to me (unlikely since I am White and only interact with White/Hispanic women), I would tell her to stick that PIP up her butt and leave.

In a soul sucking white collar job, if you receive a PIP or a poor general performance review, it's time to prioritize a job search. The current soul sucking white collar working relationship is not salvageable at that point.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Basically they found a way to communicate with each other well and that worked for both of them. As an engineer myself, I can see why it worked. It forces frequent communication of what's going on, where you are at with certain things, etc

Might be weird to some people but considering the biggest reasons for breakups is poor communication, most people don't have much room to talk.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PIP typically means that they’re gonna fire you anyway but they need you to fail the PIP first so they have sufficient documentation.
In an ideal working scenario, the white collar employee quits the second the PIP is issued.

Most white collar workers start job searching big time upon receipt of a PIP. A PIP unofficially ends most working relationships. The worker is either terminated for failing to meet conditions of the PIP or the worker finds a new job.

In my terminations, I was terminated by one job without any performance review. Another company gave me a poor review at a regularly scheduled interval performance review, then terminated me without a PIP. Both companies were pathetic excuses for actual businesses and I was glad to be gone from both of them.

A few years later, when I was cleaning out some stuff, I found that bad performance review. I urinated on one sheet of it and I pooped on the other sheet of it.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PIP typically means that they’re gonna fire you anyway but they need you to fail the PIP first so they have sufficient documentation.

TLDR: It’s not over for PIPcels until after you complete your (impossible to pass) PIP.
Lol In sales they put me on a PIP once and I outperformed everyone that week. Then I quit

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Frankly, I am surprised by some of the guys on here saying "it makes total sense since he is an engineer." I don't understand. Regardless of profession, a woman giving you a "PIP" is about as low as it gets. It is allowing the woman to control the frame 100%. If a woman tried to do this to me, I would exit immediately.

I do understand a "To Do" type board in an LTR where two people are living together so long as both of them are equally sharing the load. However, that is just that - an equal responsibility. This comes across more like it is an ultimatum that this woman has issued to the man and she doesn't even afford him the respect to discuss it with him - just slap what she wants onto a board.

Onto the next.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Frankly, I am surprised by some of the guys on here saying "it makes total sense since he is an engineer." I don't understand. Regardless of profession, a woman giving you a "PIP" is about as low as it gets. It is allowing the woman to control the frame 100%. If a woman tried to do this to me, I would exit immediately.
Part of communication is understanding how to meaningfully connect with the other person. This Asian-American woman was making an effort to connect meaningfully. Most White American wouldn't do that. Most behavioral interpretations are subjective.

My subjective feelings about relationship PIPs are the same as yours. The relationship is over when a relational PIP is issued. There's no point in staying. You made a good point about the woman controlling the frame. Men must control the frame.

Iron Rule of Tomassi #1

Frame is everything. Always be aware of the subconscious balance of whose frame in which you are operating. Always control the Frame, but resist giving the impression that you are.

This comes across more like it is an ultimatum that this woman has issued to the man and she doesn't even afford him the respect to discuss it with him - just slap what she wants onto a board.

Onto the next.
It's complete horseshiit, but that's my subjective interpretation.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Part of communication is understanding how to meaningfully connect with the other person. This Asian-American woman was making an effort to connect meaningfully. Most White American wouldn't do that. Most behavioral interpretations are subjective.

My subjective feelings about relationship PIPs are the same as yours. The relationship is over when a relational PIP is issued. There's no point in staying. You made a good point about the woman controlling the frame. Men must control the frame.

Iron Rule of Tomassi #1

Frame is everything. Always be aware of the subconscious balance of whose frame in which you are operating. Always control the Frame, but resist giving the impression that you are.

It's complete horseshiit, but that's my subjective interpretation.
First, you and I agree on this.

I just want to say that I think some guys get too hung up on the racial aspects at work. At the end of the day, we are all men. Culture can certainly play a factor some in what is considered appropriate when it comes to gender roles. However, a man, regardless of his race of background, should ALWAYS lead in a relationship with a woman. Allowing a woman to give a "PIP" in the relationship would never fly in my opinion for any man from any culture.

My two cents.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I knew it had to be some woke
Asian ***** before I even clicked on it.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not as bad as it sounds since this is a Chinese-American woman with likely a Chinese born or Chinese-American boyfriend who is an Engineer. I can identify with why she did it.

A White woman would never do something like that for her White boyfriend. A White woman would either just leave and/or monkey branch and leave when she's not happy.

I would not react well to a PIP in a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship. I don't want my personal life to resemble a soul sucking white collar office job in any way. If a woman were to do that to me (unlikely since I am White and only interact with White/Hispanic women), I would tell her to stick that PIP up her butt and leave.

In a soul sucking white collar job, if you receive a PIP or a poor general performance review, it's time to prioritize a job search. The current soul sucking white collar working relationship is not salvageable at that point.
that kinda fall flat when she posted it, if it was her worry about him she would do it and be done with it, hell she would join up, the moment she posted she wanted the attention, it was not for him it was for her

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
The issue is that she is in the management role, it’s not shared im
fairly sure.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

TLDR: It’s not over for PIPcels until after you complete your (impossible to pass) PIP.
We used to do these so much at my old employer and so many dudes would think that there is hope, managers would tell them there was too, but it always had a poor survival rate.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We used to do these so much at my old employer and so many dudes would think that there is hope, managers would tell them there was too, but it always had a poor survival rate.
If I had ever been put on such a plan, I'd have found another job. :rolleyes:

thermodynamic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah its surprising how much of a simp you can be and STILL be in a relationship.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

In an ideal working scenario, the white collar employee quits the second the PIP is issued.

Most white collar workers start job searching big time upon receipt of a PIP. A PIP unofficially ends most working relationships. The worker is either terminated for failing to meet conditions of the PIP or the worker finds a new job.

In my terminations, I was terminated by one job without any performance review. Another company gave me a poor review at a regularly scheduled interval performance review, then terminated me without a PIP. Both companies were pathetic excuses for actual businesses and I was glad to be gone from both of them.

A few years later, when I was cleaning out some stuff, I found that bad performance review. I urinated on one sheet of it and I pooped on the other sheet of it.
PIP = Paid Interview Prep