Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Think & Grow Rich

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I currently reading think and grow rich, I have read in the past outwitting the devil by the same author

outwitting the devil seems to go deeper into things like faith,desire, going through failure to reach sucess

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read it (although purely for a DJ mindset, don't care about wealth much). Every time I read a chapter I felt very empowered.

But then again I never followed through and did stuff at the time. So I can't say it was actually beneficial.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm reading for the wealth factor. I like outwitting the devil how it goes in about how conquering sex can pretty much make you achieve all your goals

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow - The chapter on Auto suggestion. There's a small part of me that believes in this book, but not enough belief to devote a lot of my time to the steps/exercises. I feel the author is asking me to take a leap of faith & devote a lot of time to something I don't fully believe. If i had more time then maybe I'd follow the steps.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
This book is apart of a movement that has been going on STRONG in the US (and other countries) called the New Thought Movement. You guys should look up this concept.

The concept is all about "teaching" people that the keys to success is based on how you think, how your attitude is, and how positive you are overall. This concept has been picked up by the Church labeled under the Prosperity Gospel or the "Health and Wealth" Gospel. And you also have an assortment of teachers, speakers, preachers, etc. that formulate their businesses based on this same concept.

It just shows how ludicrous our society has become. We have gone from The Greatest Generation based on actual HARD WORK, strategic planning and BUILDING to lead to economic success and security......to now we want some "higher mental or spiritual connection" to lead to our economic success and security.

It's all bullshyt. You want Economic Success? First you need to define that, because you could say that's making $100,000 a year but if your expenses are $120,000 a year then is that Success?

- Firstly, you need to be in a Free Market System. So if you are in a third world country "The Secret" and "The Law Of Attraction" doesn't apply to you does it?

- Secondly, you have to be efficient with analyzing SUPPLY AND DEMAND. What does that market demand now and going forward, and what skills/other resources are needed in supply to fulfill the demand? You do these studies and determine what market or markets you will supply the skills/other resources to in relation to the demand fulfillment. Doing this brings in INCOME.

- Thirdly, you manage your expenses where you are living below your means, this allows for you to accumulate savings. This means move to a low cost of living area, don't have kids you can't afford, don't have ex-wives you can't afford, don't buy stupid things and put them on credit cards.

- Fourth, you take your savings and diversify them for annual growth.

That's Economic Success. Has NOTHING TO DO with having a positive mentality, believing in God, paying Tithes, going to Church, believing in The Secret, being POSITIVE, nor believing in the Law of Attraction.

It comes down to as I said earlier, Business Acumen. It's always been this way and it will always be this way.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We know this, but the book is basically saying everything starts with a thought and a belief system

just like you believe so strongly you will eat some time out of the day when you wake up, should be the same way about being successful

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Fatal Jay said:
We know this, but the book is basically saying everything starts with a thought and a belief system

just like you believe so strongly you will eat some time out of the day when you wake up, should be the same way about being successful
When you say everything starts with a Thought and a Belief System, I think you are partially correct.

Thoughts and Beliefs are of course apart of our everyday lives, but if we are talking about Economic Success, they play a much less vital role than these New Thought Movement Practitioners theorize AND if they aren't properly directed/guided they can be a hindrance.

With Economic Success it starts with Supply and Demand, which is done through Market Research. That's where you start. That will reveal to you the opportunities, you can forecast trends, you can see market challenges, issues, potential government regulation, etc, etc. that will allow you to formulate how you will enter the market and provide your unique value proposition.

From there, your "beliefs" should line up with your Market Research. And your "thoughts" should line up with the daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual activities that will be required to execute on your business plans.

It comes right back to Business Acumen, not magical, spiritual, or mental feel goodery.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
all I can say is, I know a guy who had a part time job with little to know money, he followed all the steps in this book, and made 100,000 dollars at the end of the year

he believed that strongly in the advice in the book. He mentions this book every time he speaks, its a little freakish how much he does it.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Specialized knowledge -

A quote that stood out in this chapter :-

why should I clutter up my mind with general knowledge for the purpose of being able to answer questions, when I have men around me who can supply any knowledge I require

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Organised Planning

Sorry, I haven't been reading this book much over the last 6-8 weeks.
I have been studying sex instead.

I've still managed to read a chapter though.

Warrior was saying in one of his injections of inspiration videos "DO THE FUC*ING WORK if you want anything out of this life, then do the fuc*ing work. If you read all the self help books. Read every line, every paragraph. They all put across the same fuc*ing message Do the fuc* ing work"
What Warrior said has stuck in my mind

Chapter (Organised planning) tells us that to accumulate riches we have to be able to provide a service that society needs. The more society requires the service the more money we get.

A few quotes that I highlighted from this chapter :-

"Self Mastery is the hardest job you will ever tackle"

"Men are paid, not merely for what they know, but for more particularly for what they do with that which they know."

Wrong selection of a vocation No man can succeed in a line of endeavour which he does not like. The most essential step in the marketing of personal services is that of selecting an occupation into which you can throw yourself wholeheartedly"

Well I feel I've shared enough thoughts on this chapter.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Decision

This chapter is telling us that leaders make decisions quickly & are very slow to go back on a decision if they do at all.

Don't be afraid to decide. Indecision is our enemy.

Once you've made a decision, don't let others change your mind.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm three quarters of the way through the book. I started reading the chapter on persistance tonight. The author was instructing us to really desire to be rich.
It suddenly dawned on me that getting rich is'nt my goal at the moment.
I started reading the book because :-

1. A lot of people highly rate it.
2. Well, I hoped it would help me accumulate riches.

The problem is I'm not ready to give myself fully to accumulating riches, so I will read it when I am :)

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Finley Flynn said:
What then, if I may ask, is your goal at the moment?
Concentrating on my relationship & creating a family.