Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Think & Grow Rich

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I bought this book by Napoleon Hill in the summer & I've got round to reading it now. However the book states I will get the most out of it if I talk weekly with a group about the book. The best place I thought to find people interested in doing this was here so the book basically says read a chapter a week then discuss it with selected friends.

So anyone interested?? Get the book Think & Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill we will read one chapter a week then chat about that chapter on here each week. Understand?

Deadly_Ripped

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If the book was called "Act and Grow Rich" I'd be more interested in doing this with you.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, that's fair enough :)

Deadly_Ripped

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It would be really valuable to everyone here if you post updates on your progress through the book. Would be even more helpful if you discussed how you apply the principles/instructions in the book in concrete, specific ways. Might help a lot of people. Translating the lofty ideas in these books into real actions with real consequences is very challenging. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
coochieman said:
I agree. Just started reading it too..... Who else is interested please?
OK then. Looks like it's me & you. You interested?

EvilSpirit22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am in! Just bought the book!

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok then. I've read the first chapter. You guys read it then we''ll post our thoughts on here ;)

EvilSpirit22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok! On 8th December we'll post our reviews.

The_flying_dutchman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rainman4707 said:
owever the book states I will get the most out of it if I talk weekly with a group about the book.
What a great marketing ploy by the author to get more people to buy his book.....:whistle:

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well my thoughts on the first chapter :-

It reminds me of two books The secret & How to win friends & influence people I think it is trying to make people have a positive mindset. If you think you become

I read all that positive mindset stuff in the secret it was inspiring & it was a lesson, but I make my own way. I don't lean against methods like those used in the secret. Me myself I make my own luck.

I'm still looking at think & grow rich with a positive mindset :)

I await other posters review.

ZTIME

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rainman4707 said:
Well my thoughts on the first chapter :-

It reminds me of two books The secret & How to win friends & influence people I think it is trying to make people have a positive mindset. If you think you become

I read all that positive mindset stuff in the secret it was inspiring & it was a lesson, but I make my own way. I don't lean against methods like those used in the secret. Me myself I make my own luck.

I'm still looking at think & grow rich with a positive mindset :)

I await other posters review.
You will notice in several books about success and building wealth that they will all have a similar thread which deals with getting your mind right.

All success in life comes from a strong will to succeed and the mindset to keep moving forward while pursuing your dreams.

I thought the first chapter did well narratively on helping to explain these concepts.

There is no doubt that your mind must be focused and clear, but "making your own luck" may be a troubled path. Success and luck are 2 completely different concepts, which rarely intertwine.

So it's on to chapter 2?

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah what I meant by I make my own luck is I make my own decisions, I'm not going to look upon everything with a positive mindset. I'm gonna look at it thinking "how can I deal with this so it will give me the most benefit." I'm going to scheme & plot which is not so positive

Yes onto chapter two :)

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chapter Two :- His son. All about his sons desire. It is inspiring. It has taught me a good lesson if you want something bad enough, there's a good chance you'll get it It's very likely i'll use that mentality in the future.
At the moment I cannot bring myself to believe %100 in what Napolean is preaching.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Faith :- I found this chapter very inspiring. Basically, Hill is saying if you believe, then it will happen. He is saying how strong faith can be.

- Always believe

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Books like these are pretty worthless to me, they are just pseudo motivational psycho babble.

Success in business is more about having BUSINESS ACUMEN than having an overly positive mindset. Matter of fact, being so damn positive about everything is usually how you end up LOSING money in business, because you don't properly manage risk.

Business Acumen includes being able to make forecasts, round up capital, round up legal resources, accounting resources, being able to do efficient market research, being able to develop innovative products, being able to develop a unique value proposition to set you apart in the market, etc.

Those are the things that determine your success in business, all of this pseudo motivational psycho babble JOEL OSTEEN-LIKE bullshyt does nothing but make you feel good without any substance.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am in the same camp as the poster above; but a lot of people have attested to books like this one..

This discussion is very similar to the one that was on straight Up's Real estate thread back in 2009. The original posters thesis was that the mindset was everything, but others contended that was more to it. There was a long back and forth about "luck" having a role in it as well.

I guess whatever motivates you to Do good things/ successful things, than have at it. Most people would rather contemplate success, which is where this book does nothing if it makes you only feel good. However, the underlying message is important for anyone trying to get into their own business, or are in a competitive field.

Personally speaking, I would rather read constrictive books towards my own cause. See the other thread for more details, I won't outline the books I am reading here. While it is very easy to contemplate ones own success as a simple mindset, I prefer to build substance to my dreams and read books to support those endeavors. Success to me is applying a mindset into tangible, real results.

Moroder

Don Juan
Reaction score
synergy1 said:
Success to me is applying a mindset into tangible, real results.
This. Any time. Figure out what you're good at or want to be good at, then go for that goal right away. It's a personality thing, though. I am a go-getter and always just laughed at those motivational posters and, yes, "psycho babble books".
OK, that was my 2 cents, I am sorry for barging into the OP's reading journal.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm reading a chapter per day, I agree lets discuss this book