"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

The whole internet thing

GaryNas

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
I keep reading about guys on here talking with girls online. I'm definitely not into looking for an online relationship or whatever, but practicing convo skills would be nice. So where do you guys go? I signed up for this friendster thing, but it says I have to add friends and build a network. I tried doing searches, but everytime 0 results are returned. So that seems like a dud (or maybe I'm doing something wrong).

What else is there? I only use ICQ as an IM, but nobody is really on there any more except a few of my real life friends...

Help!
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

FreeStyleZ

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 26, 2003
Messages
358
Reaction score
3
go into AOL chat rooms i guess...... or run a search through profiles for ur state
 

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 8, 2003
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
18
Location
SWEDEN
Practice convo skills in the real world, with real people. Much of your language doesn't come from what you say but the tone you use and the way you move your body. In other words, you will never learn a thing from online conversations because you can't implement it into real life. I hope every Online-DJs reads this.
 

gav

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
3
i totally agree with lifeforce.

one other important disctinction - in real life u have to think on ure feet.
 

Diaoz

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2003
Messages
133
Reaction score
0
You have to add people to be able to see other people. It basically allows you to see your friend's friends and your friend's friend's friends etc...anyway, I just started the friendster So Suave group, join us. First Name: So Suave Last Name: Online
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 15, 2003
Messages
1,652
Reaction score
20
Location
CAN-NUH-DUH
I hate chatting with girls online. It is incredibly lame and there is absolutely no excitment or mystery.

I know some guys who spend days at a time literally just chatting with people through MSN messenger and such.

I use messenger to send brief messages to friends and such but to have a conversation, I'd much rather meet in person or at least over the phone.

It's like people are getting used to hiding behind their computer screen and would rather do that than experience real human interaction.

I guess the same could be said about this forum.:p
 
Top