Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Ultimate Cologne Poll.

Whats the best cologne???

• Drakkar Noir

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Cool Water

Votes: 32 13.7%
  • Aqua De Gio - Armani

Votes: 70 29.9%
  • Hugo Boss

Votes: 23 9.8%
  • CK - Eternity

Votes: 23 9.8%
  • Tommy Hilfigure

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • CK - Obscession

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Nautical Longitude Latitude

Votes: 18 7.7%
  • Polo Blue

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Jean Paul GAutiere

Votes: 20 8.5%

• Total voters

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool Water is good all around.

I have Hugo Boss and I have to say that it triggers the DJ in me. hehehe.

Acqua Di Gio - it triggers something...like my allergies.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have an obsession with colonge, I got it from my dad.

If I had to choose on that list, it's hands down Darkar Noir. It's a classic, but it's rare enough where most women have never smelled it, unlike cool water, which smells nice but it's like manatory for every man to have 2 bottles.

I think the best, and the compliments I get when I wear it, is Vera Wang. It was just released not to long ago, and the woman who sells me my colonge actually called me and told me I " had to have this". With that satement, i went up there, and I was taken away.

Obesssion is pretty nice as well.

If you want to go cheap, Joop gives you the most bang for your buck.

Hamaraz

Don Juan
Reaction score
My Cologne Collection

I do research before I spend $$$$$$ on something. Here are what some customers said about the one I eventually bought (and like):

http://www.perfumeemporium.com/mens/index.cfm

Pi

by Givenchy
An alternative to the citrus scents of the 90's, Pi cologne is a celebration of what makes a man seductive - his intelligence, courage, and contributions. Pi is more than a name, it's a symbol. The masculine bottle, designed by Serge Manseau, has a hi-tech closure system and plays on the contrast between pure lines and perfect proportion. Designed by Givenchy in 1998, Pi cologne is a refined, oriental, woody fragrance. It's fragrant nature explores essences of bergamot, lemon and sage. Blended with notes of jasmine, orris and sandalwood, far from light, the scent is deliberately masculine, woody and intense. Definitely intended for the naturally confident man.
I absolutley LOVE the smell of this scent on any man! Sure it's a little sweet smelling, but that's why it has us gals chomping at the bit at just the smell! Very very arousing scent!
I love this scent, 1st you get a whiff off it and then you start to inhale the air around you becaus e you can't get enough it. Once you find the man attached you just can not keep your hands, legs, lips, arms, etc. off of him the smell really gets you ready~~~
Wow this scent is so sexy and not too strong. Just right, smells great. Brings out the animal in me.
It has a woody oriental scent and a first note of vanilla which is quite strong. This is a very sexy scent as well and lasts a long long time which everyone likes.
UNDIES WILL DROP!!!!!
This fragrence is very good. In a way unusual, but the women love it. I always get complements when i wear the fragrence. The best time to wear it is in the fall through winter because the scent really holds on to you.....oh so will the ladies =)~
I LOVE this scent (I'm female) and I wear it as my standard winter scent. It warms up on the body and blends very nicely and I adore its chocolatey undertones. It doesn't hurt that women find it irresistable too.
Well, I asked a lady what a good scent was on a guy that she couldn't resist, and this was the one. There was one other. Maybe Bellagio.
okay this is an personal experience i went to macys and was testing cologne's and heard of pi but never knew anything about it other then it was an good cologne i sprayed it twice on my neck and an tiny dap behind each ear i was on my way back home and was on the trolly and this beautiful girl comes and sits right next to me and after about 2 mins she leans over and asks me if i was wearing any cologne i told her yes and well lets just put it this way this stuff is really good so i went stright back and bought the bottle i had to have it.

Hamaraz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Egoiste Platinum

Egoiste Platinum
by Chanel
Ambery, Chypre, Woody. Designed by Chanel in 1993, Egoiste Platinum for men is a sharp, spicy, lavender, amber fragrance. It is the result of the following top fragrance Notes: coriander, bergamot and rosewood. The middle notes are: ylang-ylang, jasmine and vetiver and the base of the fragrance is: amber, sandalwood and cedar. Egoiste Platinum is recommended as a daytime fragrance.
The most sophisticated yet masculine scent I ever smelled. Although being very very very very very choosy when it come to fragrances, especially male fragrances, this is it! Classy, innovative, conservative, sexy! The perfume for men like James Bond! I will not marry until I find one exclusively wearing this fragrance! I knocks me off my feet - a surrender! Helplessly ruled by my instincs, I start loosing my senses...
The scent is my favorite men's cologne. Litterally, it's an orgasm in a bottle.
There is NOTHING like it in the world!I'm sorry guys but I just love it soooooo much that I've been buying this for each of my boy friends in past. It's simply the sexiest smell for men ever. The smell has this successful image and there's nothing sexier than successful men.
It's true, this fragrance is an orgasm in a bottle...I will say no more
Elegant, sophisticated, sexy, sensual, sexy, sensual and........ oh yeah, sexy! Every man out there should have a bottle of this knockout love potion in their collection.
Perfect for any occasion-casual,business or romance. This fragrance drives women wild! Fresh,invigorating,rich and alluring; one of the finest fragrances available.
The smell is not overpowering, but it lasts all day. Platinum causes all the right heads to double-take!!!
I've always get great feed back from woman on this scent, I was told it lingers in the air.
The perfume is expensive, but it lasts and lasts and with just two or four sprays in the morning I can still smell it on my skin until I go to bed. That's what I've been looking for for years! A great, manly perfume that lasts, that is pleasant to me and others (not overpowering) and that can be worn on any occasion.
i like it because it is quality, and what it means to be quality really has to do with the fact that it takes about one spray of it for a day... first it starts like a citrus and then reverses itself... really, you probably will not meet anyone who would not like this cologne...
This has got to be the sexiest cologne I have ever bought my husband.
Smells like class and is a fresh, manly scent.
This has one of the best smells going, and most of all, unlike a lot of other labels the smell LASTS!!!
rocks so sexy and virile It is best for the gentelman over 40.romantic gentlemen like.
The first time I tried Platinum in a store it seem sharp, medicinal, flat, shallow. I could not believe Chanel could produce something that awful. So I tried it on several other occasions and still could not figure it out. Something in it was not bad but overall the smell was pretty unusual. Well, to make it short, I kept trying and now I am absolutely hooked. This has been my only cologne for a month now. Normally I can't wear anything more than two days in a row. But Platnum is so different from anything else I tried, it is even completely different from the original Egoiste (another excellent cologne btw). I think Allure was a further evolution of Platinum, but that's off topic. Platinum does not seem to work for everyone, and initially I could not see how it'd work for me. This is my favorite out of almost 80 colognes in my collection. Now I am wondering what do I do with the rest of them.
The thing i like most about the Platinum version is that the scent keeps evolving during they day. It starts of pretty strong but ends up being very subtle and rather fresh.
EXCELLENT. I have had 3 random girls on the train and bus just sniff my neck cause it was that good.
This fragrance has all the women walking past my work area just to get a whiff of this seductive and alluring fragrance

Hamaraz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Aqua Di Gio

Acqua Di Gio
by Giorgio Armani

A resolutely masculine fragrance born from the sea, the sun, the earth, and the breeze of a Mediterranean island. Transparent, aromatic, and woody in nature Aqua Di Gio Pour Homme is a contemporary expression of masculinity, in an aura of marine notes, fruits, herbs, and woods. Notes include Marine Notes, Mandarin, Bergamot, Neroli, Persimmon, Rosemary, Nasturtium, Jasmine, Amber, Patchouli, Cistus.
DRIVES WOMEN WILD!
The scent is clean and fresh. Very classy. Women absolutely love it!
The sent leaves one wanting more. In relation to women this is important because it entices them to enquire further. The sent is also unique which creates a distinction that separates oneself from those of society. Overall, a well done piece.
This scent is sooo sexy, it´s actually the only mens-perfume that really turn me on! I highly recommend this perfume to all you guys! If you want the ladies attention-this perfume is perfect, I can assure you...
GREAT & GIRLS LOVE IT
This perfume is the best ever.You can,t simply compare it with any perfume.Now i can say man has touched prefection.
this scent does have a very earthy smell that is reminscent of a cool breeze. It brings to mind visions of standing on the beach just after sunset. It is clean, with a decided masculinity about it. Just a hint of spice and citrus give it an appropriately robust aroma. And I've never met a girl who wasn't awed by it. I've known several who tear out the sample strips from magazines and sleep with them under their pillow. Won't dissapoint.
today i was on a date with a guy who was wearing this smell... it was irresistable!!!
This stuff goes down as probably one of my top ten greatest scents I've ever worn. Judging by the number of awesome ratings it's received, it's practically THE living legend in the fragrance industry.
What a lovely and sexy scent. The appeal being that just makes you want to get closer because it is so warm and clean.
This is not my favorite scent, but girls love this s#!t when i wear it. I speak from experience, this is a safe buy that gets results. Quickly!!!
one big problem: longevity. i beg to differ with the post below me. 5+ hours after, there'd be nothing to smell. let alone a half hour after.
The best sexual experience!!! The best way to get me in bed!!!! So use it!!!!
Just the scent alone would really evoke your inner senses. Armani made the best there is in acqua.
this s**t is hot, it aint that strong but it holds up. is a lil' sensitive but thats ight, u cant be dissapointed cuz the girlis luv it.
This product works! I never collected so many complements before. For the last 2 years I was purchasing this product exclusively to impress girls.
This stuff is soooooo good I could sniff it forever!
WHEN MY MAN WEARS THIS HE KNOWS WE ARE GONNA HAVE A GOOD TIME, IT SMELLS SOOOO GOOD ON HIM AND DOES LAST FOR THE WHOLE EVENING...AND INTO THE MORNING
A perfect blend of long lasting cologne with a smell most people ask about. A must for any who love wearing cologne
Do you want to be unique and unapproachable, or do you want to make the ladies swoon?
every time i smell this scent i go weak at the knees, a must for any male!
Your body chemistry along with your cologne choice is your personal signature, and can never be duplicated by another.
Acqua di Gio is the best citrus fragrance there is. There is a reason everybody buys this - IT SMELLS FANTASTIC! It even lasts a long time, that's saying something about a citrus scent. Buy this, you won't be sorry.
Everytime I wear this cologne to work, all the women in the office going crazy. AWESOME fragrance!
This stuff is great! zthe ladies love it Giddy Up
There is a note in the sauce that does not quit. It is something like a melon smell or something, but not quite a melon.

Hamaraz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool Water

Cool Water
by Davidoff
A calm aquatic note is livened by mint and green nuances, spiced with coriander. The unmistakably floral neroli essence and geranium based middle note makes it typically contemporary and masculine. The cedar and oakmoss end note is lightened up with musk.
This stuff makes me go in heat I swear!! Every time I smell a man wearing cool water I just want to jump his bones!!!!:)
THE BEST MALE FRAGRANCE EVER!
Take note, Gentlemen: This one drives us ladies crazy!
This one drives us ladies crazy!I love the smell! It's so... irresistable! ;)
PURE SEX
OHHHHHHHH!! YEAHHHH!!!!!! everytime my husband wears this I can't keep my hands off him. For guys who think it's boring, believe me wear it on a first date, you'll be peeling her off with a spatula! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
Smells great, refreshing and spicy. But it just does not last. I put 20 sprays of this stuff on and my girlfriend could barley smell it.
From a girl's perspective,I just want to say that this is the absolute sexiest fragrance a man can wear. Just smelling it makes me think of sex!
this smell could make a ugly guy hot because its soooo good!!!
Despite what some of the guys seem to say, this cologne seems unviersally loved by the ladies!
THE REASON WHY IT IS SO QUOTE ON QUOTE "OVERUSED" IS SIMPLY BECAUSE OF THE THE WOMEN LOVE IT SO MUCH ON A MAN SO GUYS ARE GONNA KEEP BUYING IT NO MATTER WHAT. REMEMBER, A FINE WINE ALWAYS GETS BETTER WITH AGE AND COOL WATER IS NO EXCEPTION. FACE IT, THIS FRAGRANCE WILL NEVER GO AWAY AS LONG AS FEMALES HAVE A SAY IN IT. AND THAT'S A GOOD THING......
Guys trust me on this 1, every man should have this scent- i cannot get enough of it!! Smells delicious, men wearing this are good enough 2 eat!!
REFRESHING & MASCULINE - DRIVES WOMEN NUTS
a real pleaser with ladies This stuff makes me go in heat I swear!! Every time I smell a man wearing cool water I just want to jump his bones!!!!:)
I cannot resist the fresh smell.
Whenever he puts it on, you'd be hard-pressed to keep me off his neck. :)
talking to a couple others from my work they also said it does not last.
Ever since i first smelled Davidoff cool water, I've been obsessed! No matter what the guy looks like, if he's wearing Cool water he's dead sexy! This scent is extremely masculine and attracts women like flies!simply irresistible!
How anyone could bash this classic cologne is beyond me. It is so damn good smelling it is no wonder it is one of the best smelling colognes of all time.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My faves are DESIRE by Dunhill (have had that for about 2 years now), CK One (for nostalgic reasons, though I barely wear it), Coolwater, HUGO by Hugo Boss, PERRY by Perry Ellis, and ESCAPE by Calvin Klein. All excellent choices. :)

Rondecrew317

Reaction score
I currently use Polo Blue and have Tommy by Hilfigure.
Does anyone think Tommy acutally smells good? cuz I personally dont think so.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bumping this up and saying this:

Where I work, we get free samples of cologne. I just got:

- Eternity for Men

- CK One

- Coolwater

- Curve

I also have Darrak Noir, English Leather, Brute, Aspen, Canoe, and Old Spice. Nice little collection.

Of course, I use AXE for that "everyday" scent...Cologne is only for when my girl earns it...

SheepSter

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the best thing to do is switch between colognes.

Here's my list:

Emporio Armani Night
Lauder Intuition
Jil Sander Pure
Armani Black Code
Azzaro Chrome
Gucci pour homme

Two colognes that are very expensive but so worth it:

Paul Smith London & Paul Smith Extreme

Everybody always asks me were I got them (Harrods London), and there lies the key to succes: get a very good cologne that almost nobody has.

This is also the reason I would never use Aqua Di Gio, don't get me wrong a great cologne, but everybody uses it.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Eternal
Of course, I use AXE for that "everyday" scent...
:eek: AXE is suitable only for spraying on a garbage can to mask the smell of putrid meat, or coating a cat litter box with to mask that odor. It should never, ever be used by humans!!!