Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Ultimate Cologne Poll.

Whats the best cologne???

• Drakkar Noir

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Cool Water

Votes: 32 13.7%
  • Aqua De Gio - Armani

Votes: 70 29.9%
  • Hugo Boss

Votes: 23 9.8%
  • CK - Eternity

Votes: 23 9.8%
  • Tommy Hilfigure

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • CK - Obscession

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Nautical Longitude Latitude

Votes: 18 7.7%
  • Polo Blue

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Jean Paul GAutiere

Votes: 20 8.5%

• Total voters

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by seloifter
Johnson's Baby Powder.
Seriously.
Baby powder has a scent to it that women react chemically to.... and it's always a *good* reaction ;)
this is very true--probably better than any cologne. there was some study done on this, and it ranked among the highest. plus it keeps you from sweating.

Qualtran

Don Juan
Reaction score
B.O. - Its all about showing her your man-smell. At least you will eliminate the uptight, squeamish ones!

Seriously though, I really don't think cologne makes that much of a difference. It may come in handy as an ice breaker from time to time, or even boost your confidence because you think it will give you the magic edge. If that is the case, keep on spraying, but if you are like me, you may eventually come to the conclusion that having to smell your own cologne all day long gets pretty annoying and nauseating!

Bumble-B

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Qualtran
but if you are like me, you may eventually come to the conclusion that having to smell your own cologne all day long gets pretty annoying and nauseating!
Colognes aren't meant to be drowned in. You have to put on just a little (depending on how strong yours is), so they can smell you when they are at about half meter away from you. Putting too much cologne can really turn chicks off, no matter how good it smells.

BTW, I received Curve from Liz Claiborne and it's actually one of the best I've ever had.

For young men I recommend Samba Nova from Perfumers Workshop. I have gotten compliments from some of the hottest women around with this one. Make sure you get the Men's version though :D

captn caveman

Don Juan
Reaction score
One is Joop... the pink bottle

Actually friends of the girl you talk to, come closer to smell you..

and if slowdancing, it is a probability she will dig her head into your neck, yummmm...

Other on is Boss in Motion , the round one.. Summer smell, extremely effective.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Moved to Anything Else.

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by golf299
intuition
Yepp, Intuition by Lauder for men. GREAT cologne, unique (Came fall 2003 about) and gotten raving compliments on it.

Paranoid

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Drakker noir has gotten me loads of compliments....apart from that Nautica's L&L , Gray Flannel , Aqua di Gio and Egoiste platinum....

The_King

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to work on a fragrance counter over the xmas holidays from uni..and yes, I am a bloke but it sure was a good way to meet women.

Basically fragrance is split into three categories

Fresh

Woody

Spicy

Therefore, your best either using a fragrance for the occasion or mood i.e. something light (Fresh/woody) during the day i.e. Hugo by Hugo Boss, Issey Miyake, Contradiction, Tommy but something heavier for the evening i.e Farenheit, Joop, Jean Paul Gaultier.

Many women do like men to have a "signature" smell, so that when they smell this particualr fragrance it brings back memories (I suppose like a NLP anchoring kind of way). Therefore, it bests for something more unique which can be hard.

The girls seem to particularly like in my experience

Green jeans-very fresh and light
Blue Jeans (somewhat heavier) -both Versace and both cheap-
L'eau D' Issey by Issey Miyake(frs, slightly heavier then Green Jeans)
Jean Pual Gaultier (heavy, spicy)
Boss by Hugo Boss ( Good general cologne- fresh and woody)

P.s. do not forget to put a small bit of fragrance on your stomach...for the ladies to enjoy later!

Big-J

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by crazykid
Moved to Anything Else.
Months and months of being in discussion and it's moved to anything else NOW? :D

I rather enjoyed the attention this thread got in Discussion :p

Wait I'm wrong, it's not months and months, it's over a year! :eek:

Last edited:

stewartlittle

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have quite a collection of colognes, but the ones that get me the most compliments and attention are:

Romance by Ralph Lauren: since I started to use this cologne, I got a lot of compliments and attention from women.

Curve by Liz Claiborne: this cologne gets me a lot of compliments.
This one you must have!

Dolce & Gabanna pour homme by Dolce & Gabanna: this cologne gets me a lot of compliments and attention from women.

Higher by Dior: works also for me.

Armani, Jean Paul Gaultier, Calvin Klein do not work for me. Even got some bad remarks on these colognes.

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem with all of these mainstream colognes like Curve is that so many guys wear them that girls have smelt it a million times.

I would MUCH rather have a unique smell to myself that women still love, which is why I wear Hanae Mori. I was just talking to a girl on the phone that I work with and I told her that I was thinking of getting a new cologne since my Hanae Mori was almost empty and she goes "NO WAY! That cologne is YOUR scent and I think it is great because I've never smelt it on another man and I love it!"

stewartlittle

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that many guys wear mainstream colognes. I live in Europe and here Curve is not a mainstream cologne. A friend bought it for me when he was on a holiday in the U.S.

Most guys want to make a safe choice, so they wear the mainstream colognes.

But I also like Creed Millisime Imperial, Guerlain Mouchoir de Monsieur, Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien, Acqua di Parma. These I use for more special moments.

Lancer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I have been using the mainstream colognes, but think I will try something new when my bottle of Polo runs out..

Out of curiosity, do you guys wear your cologne every day, or only when you go out with a girl? I usually go for the first one.. never know who you will run into.. but it gets kind of using too quickly.

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lancer
Out of curiosity, do you guys wear your cologne every day, or only when you go out with a girl?
Every day, any time I am going out unless it is to the gym.

Big-J

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dimebag_Darrell
what about Perry Ellis?
Which one? :D

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've recently bought a set of Life by Aramis.
Good stuff.

myth465

Reaction score
Originally posted by TooColdUlrick
cologne is a waste of money. use oils. they last all day, are dirt cheap, and you can get the exact effect that you want. mix 'em up even. how do you think these companies make cologne? oils with alcohol (which evaporates).

you can even get the source oils that mimic all of the name brand colognes. just do a search for +"fragrant oils" +men

cinnamon, vanilla, black licorice, sandal wood, are the favorite smells for women.

the black licorice is weird, but chicks dig it for some reason? i mix 70% vanilla 30% cinnamon. nothing but compliments.

i also use AXE (Kilo) body spray. just for daily aroma and not as a cologne substitute.
hey where do you order these from online

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CK Eternity
Hugo Boss

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
D&G is my personal favourite. Very classy and gets a lot of compliments.

Joop is another one that gets lots of compliments and it seems to last all day.

But I usually go to a counter in a department store and ask the (female) assistant to recommend something.