Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Ultimate Cologne Poll.

Whats the best cologne???

• Drakkar Noir

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Cool Water

Votes: 32 13.7%
  • Aqua De Gio - Armani

Votes: 70 29.9%
  • Hugo Boss

Votes: 23 9.8%
  • CK - Eternity

Votes: 23 9.8%
  • Tommy Hilfigure

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • CK - Obscession

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Nautical Longitude Latitude

Votes: 18 7.7%
  • Polo Blue

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Jean Paul GAutiere

Votes: 20 8.5%

• Total voters
M

mnmz

very sexy

i was give a cologne from a girl called very sexy for men, from victorias secret. not a very well known scent but the ladies love the smell.

ThunnusThynnus

Reaction score
what i've seen

Hanae Mori....This stuff has a vanilla to chocolate scent with just a bit of spice to put it on an even keel. It is like another scent mentioned in that you need to use quite a bit, and you also gotta let it soak in so your own scent gets through before unleashing this scent on the ladies. There. I said it. Hanae Mori in my opinion could be the next classic. (Polo, Obsession, Drakkar, CKOne, Acqua....)

SultanOfSwing

Don Juan
Reaction score
A few more from the girls

OLd spice deoderant - seems very popular

eddie bauer - adventurer

Dior -faranheight

Drakkar

Avitar

Victorias Secret and Swiss Army were mantioned several times.

daman01

Don Juan
Reaction score
My list of colognes I own and like, 1 being the best

1. Kenneth Cole NY
2. Curve
3. Hugo Boss
4. Tommy Hilfiger
5. Polo Sport
6. Cool Water
7. Abercrombie and Fitch

Big-J

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ( . )( . )
Burberry eh ?

is that burberry touch or burberry london?

Fahrenheit and acqua di Gio are 2 i have just started to wear out,
also been told "blue jeans" is pretty good.

does anyone know from first hand experience if the imitation colognes are just as good as the real deal?, Im thinking of trying a few out cause the real ones are so damn expensive.
Watch it with the Versace Blue Jeans my friend, it's a very very formal and distinctive smell :D.

I've got it in the collection and it's great but not something I like to wear a lot. It's almost something I'd wear with a tux, since it smells so formal/dressy, but I have gotten compliments on it as not many use this cologne. Again, it's a cologne that really is an acquired taste.

-Big J

Also, Hugo Boss is Hugo Boss, and not Hugo by Hugo Boss, right? :D

especially seeing as I've gotten compliments with both (hell pretty much all colognes by Hugo Boss that I wear get compliments).

seloifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Johnson's Baby Powder.
Seriously.
Baby powder has a scent to it that women react chemically to.... and it's always a *good* reaction ;)

S

spyoo7

Best cologne

Gidday guys,

This is my first message I've posted anywhere !

In relation to the best cologne, I would have to say that it is Gucci Envy.

When women talk to you for the first time, they get a wiff of it, and want to put their face as close as possible to your ear when they are speaking to you.

Don't put too much on ! Just enough so you can only just smell it yourself.

Good hunting!

PiNkMaGGiT

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by seloifter
Johnson's Baby Powder.
Seriously.
Baby powder has a scent to it that women react chemically to.... and it's always a *good* reaction ;)
Lol, dude, they'd think you were married with children.

T.M.

Don Juan
Reaction score
OMG!!!

Y'all forgot the most important ones:

Armani - WHITE

Dolce & Gabbana - POUR HOMME

...make sure to check them out!!!!

Bumble-B

Don Juan
Reaction score
After having read so many good messages about Curve (from Liz Claiborne), I just ordered it through eBay... I hope to receive it soon :D

Another great one: Kiton

T-4ze

Don Juan
Reaction score
does anyone here have the same skin chemistry as me? i am sure that skin chemistry is ultimately important in picking colognes because i heard about the l'eau d'issey from people and went to try it but it didnt smell good on me at all. the few colognes that do smell good on me are 'bora bora' by forgot who, and 'romance' by ralph lauren. the kenneth cole is ok too, does anyone know other colognes that are similar to the two above?those two match my "style" as you may call it

voodoolover

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wheelin&dealin
Guy's are horrible at picking out cologne. Make sure to get numerous opinions from women before you make a purchase.
That was a good point, wheelin. Your advice led me to get some female opinion on the matter.

I was surprised to hear just how many women love the smell of Jean Paul Gaultier on a man. Far and away the most popular cologne out there, at least from a female perspective.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i can tell you that the best 2 colognes (sp?) right now that i know are REALLY nice are
Crave
and Nautica Competition
i like crave a lot, and nautica smells nice as well , but is a little less scenty.

DEFINATELY give those 2 a try.

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: CHROME

Originally posted by vectorz
Chrome by Azzaro is the absolute best. Coolwater would be next.
I Will second this. Almost EVERY cologne Azzaro makes is great. Chrome has gotten me tons of compliments. In fact, I was sitting in a resturaunt just last week and this hottie waitress came all the way over just to tell me that I smelled so good, and what type of cologne I was using. I of course told her it was my natural smell.

Big-J

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cologne Question

anyone have opinions on Davidoff Echo?

Edit: err this ain't a new thread :D :eek: :D

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: what i've seen

Originally posted by ThunnusThynnus
Hanae Mori....This stuff has a vanilla to chocolate scent with just a bit of spice to put it on an even keel. It is like another scent mentioned in that you need to use quite a bit, and you also gotta let it soak in so your own scent gets through before unleashing this scent on the ladies. There. I said it. Hanae Mori in my opinion could be the next classic. (Polo, Obsession, Drakkar, CKOne, Acqua....)
Man I thought I was the only man in the world that wore this stuff. Hanae Mori has gotten me soooo many compliments. The women at work love to smell me. There is 1 particular girl that asks me ALL the time "wow you smell great, what are you wearing?" and I always tell her the same answer, Hanae Mori, and she says "oh that's right" and giggles.

It isnt too spicey, too sporty, too casual or too formal. It's just right to wear for any occassion. But like Thunnus said, you need to let it soak in. I usually put 1 spray on my wrists and rub them together, 1 spray on my upper chest with my shirt off, 1 spray on one of my shirt sleeves and 1 spray over the top of my head. It sounds like a lot but it's a soft fragrance, so you do need 3-4 sprays to make it as potent as a normal cologne....but it's worth the attention it draws.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cologne is a waste of money. use oils. they last all day, are dirt cheap, and you can get the exact effect that you want. mix 'em up even. how do you think these companies make cologne? oils with alcohol (which evaporates).

you can even get the source oils that mimic all of the name brand colognes. just do a search for +"fragrant oils" +men

cinnamon, vanilla, black licorice, sandal wood, are the favorite smells for women.

the black licorice is weird, but chicks dig it for some reason? i mix 70% vanilla 30% cinnamon. nothing but compliments.

i also use AXE (Kilo) body spray. just for daily aroma and not as a cologne substitute.