Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Real Reason Divorce is So Common

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see the need to defend pieces of **** like Harvey Weinstein who make all Men look bad by being a creep.
He's not defending his actions. He's holding the women accountable for their actions.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Disagree. I’d argue the reason divorce is common is because marriage is an unnatural arrangement for humans to begin with.

Females are hardwired to mate with top tier (10-20%) guys. The rest of the guys get leftovers. What this means is that most marriages in 2022 are where the wife is settling for her secondary option. Hence, 80% of the time she is initiating divorce.

Law is not the cause of the female tendency to leave, as this statistic likely carries over into non marital relationships as well. Browse this forum long enough, you will see no shortage of guys getting dumped by girlfriends and plates.
Then why are you engaged, with no pre-nup in the works I bet, if you feel this way?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
It's because women get a really sweet deal, imagine this for a second most divorces end up with the husband getting half of his wifes assets,alimony and custody of the kids?

How common do you think divorce would be? Do you think 90% of women would still initiate divorces if they actually had to face consequences for their actions?

I don't understand why men gave up so much of their power for nothing. It's amazing that we don't have mass rioting because of how biased divorce laws are against men.
It doesn't always have to be this way. First off, as @EyeBRollin suggests, in this day and age, you are not her first choice. The contrapositive of that is that she's probably not yours either. The keyword is compromise. However, as a backup, one needs a pre-nup and a few separate accounts to keep on the side. Gold or Crypto is preferred. Since many females earn more than dudes these days, alimony is not really that big of a deal. However, in the pre-nup, waiver of alimony, legal fees and medical fees/premiums should be included. It's still a very dicey situation.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its sad to see people doing those things. Its such a mess.

Its only one thing on a bunch of other stuffs human do to harm/destroy each other.

Power, status, money, ego... It seems to be path to our dark side as humans if let themselves get blind and ignorants.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The marriage contract has become a scam for men.
Yes. There’s not that much incentive to marry now if you think about it. Religion was a big incentive for marriage up until the Sexual Revolution got fully mainstreamed in the West (circa 1990). I could make the point now that marriage makes sense for hardcore Judeo-Christian religion devotees but really no one else. For the man who cares mostly his dicck wet, there’s not that much benefit over this course of his lifetime. His sex frequency will likely be higher over a 45 year period (ages 16-60) if he doesn’t marry because the sex eventually dries up in most LTRs/marriages. Time duration of a relationship is the enemy of sex frequency. In the first 2-5 years of a relationship, the sex frequency is likely higher for most men than solely pursuing one night stands & casual sex, so there’s incentive to have relationships if sex frequency is the variable that matters most and then exit those relationships before it goes south too much.

Too many men in the last 2-3 decades have married because they think they can emulate relatives in their parents’/grandparents’ generation who stayed married 40 or 50+ years. What they never fully comprehend is that their parents & grandparents operated in different mating environments where marriage was more likely to work better than now.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you seriously trying to defend and justify the actions of a convicted rapist?
No surprise, there were also guys ready disparage 14 year old kids on the Epstein thread on SS. Unfortunately he never got to go to trial.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. There’s not that much incentive to marry now if you think about it. Religion was a big incentive for marriage up until the Sexual Revolution got fully mainstreamed in the West (circa 1990). I could make the point now that marriage makes sense for hardcore Judeo-Christian religion devotees but really no one else. For the man who cares mostly his dicck wet, there’s not that much benefit over this course of his lifetime. His sex frequency will likely be higher over a 45 year period (ages 16-60) if he doesn’t marry because the sex eventually dries up in most LTRs/marriages. Time duration of a relationship is the enemy of sex frequency. In the first 2-5 years of a relationship, the sex frequency is likely higher for most men than solely pursuing one night stands & casual sex, so there’s incentive to have relationships if sex frequency is the variable that matters most and then exit those relationships before it goes south too much.

Too many men in the last 2-3 decades have married because they think they can emulate relatives in their parents’/grandparents’ generation who stayed married 40 or 50+ years. What they never fully comprehend is that their parents & grandparents operated in different mating environments where marriage was more likely to work better than now.
Would you rather have sex with 1 women 50 times per year, or 10 women twice a year?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess. I do not know the exact percentages.
Women file divorce about 80% of the time. The percentage of non marital dumpings is probably similar. Laws and “love” have little to do with any of this. It’s about leverage. Top tier men are more valuable than women. If you are her best option (and it becomes even more skewed the older she gets), her survival is dependent on making things work with you. If you are her secondary option… good luck to you.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Would you rather have sex with 1 women 50 times per year, or 10 women twice a year?
I would rather have sex with 1 woman 50 times in a year than 10 women 2 times in a year. Having sex on 50 days total in a year is better than having sex on 20 days total in a year.

Sex frequency is the most important metric to me.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would rather have sex with 1 woman 50 times in a year than 10 women 2 times in a year. Having sex on 50 days total in a year is better than having sex on 20 days total in a year.

Sex frequency is the most important metric to me.
Fair enough. Many men desire variety.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fair enough. Many men desire variety.
I’ve always been more motivated by frequency than variety. There was a time when variety was a stronger motivating factor for me.

I’m 38 now & have been participating in the mating environment since ages 15-16 or so. I asked my first woman out on a date at 16. So I have 22-23 years of mating environment experience. 22-23 years of experience has enabled me to put up a notch count higher than most men’s lifetime notch count, including some longer term girlfriends.

When I was 16-24 & had a lower lifetime notch count, variety was more important to me at that point as compared to now but it was always less important than frequency.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Women file divorce about 80% of the time. The percentage of non marital dumpings is probably similar. Laws and “love” have little to do with any of this. It’s about leverage. Top tier men are more valuable than women. If you are her best option (and it becomes even more skewed the older she gets), her survival is dependent on making things work with you. If you are her secondary option… good luck to you.
It's not always that cut and dry dude. I filed for my divorce 12 years ago, not vice-versa.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marriage is dead. The courts killed it.