"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

The perfect time.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2003
Messages
1,244
Reaction score
11
Location
.
How many people here have actually cold approached a woman? How many people here have actually completed the bootacamp? How long are your going to wait until you start working on your goals?

Chances are, you never will. I'm not trying to be rude, but this is the reality of it. History has told us that the majority of people don't achieve their goals. They are to busy waiting for that perfect time, that perfect time when they have a particular thing or maybe when they dont have a particular thing.

The perfect time is a myth, its a fantasy which you created that tells your brain that one day... you will be happy. Happiness and Motivation aren't things that you have, they are things that you do. You don't do something to make you happy, you do happy.

Do you day dream? Do you make up fantasies in which you are impressing that girl, bashing that guy, dancing like a maniac, having a cool party, or simply not giving a ****? Day dreaming is a gift and a curse.

It's a gift, because you now know what you want. If you ever want to know what you want then just close your eyes and let your mind wander, it will go to where it wants to be.

Daydreaming is the most unproductive thing you can possibly to, it is your brain making up a false reality in which you are happy. But when you come to, your brain realises something, your not happy.

You want to know how to make your day dreams become reality? Sure, i'll tell you. Stop daydreaming. If you stop creating a false reality then eventually you will be forced to make a reality in which you actually are happy.

Remember,

you don't win silver, you lose gold

Stop waiting for the perfect time, it doesn't exist. Instead of day dreaming, why not actually think of ways your dreams can become reality. Plan out every aspect of it and make sure its believable, now instead of daydreaming, think about yourself doing this but succesfully, doing things you know you can do.

Work your way up to happiness.

It will be hard, it will be intense. You have to work for it, but in the end, it doesnt really matter. You can keep day dreaming if you want, until (and one day it will come) you become content with mediocrity.

But not me, i choose to fight. I'm not going to let my environment dominate me, i choose to work my way to the top. But once again, in the end, it's irrelavent.

Will you reach your goals? Probably not. I'm not here to tell you everything will be okay. Take control of your own life, there is noone watching over us but ourselves. Noone is going to live for you.

Lock yourself up in a dream, or live, who cares? Only you. Take lifes dissapointments and stand proud. For you my friend... have chosen happiness.
 
Last edited:

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
No point in living if you can't feel alive -The world is not enough.

Interresting post. I enjoyed it.
 

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
632
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Melbourne, Victoria
inspirational.
 

wcknightjr

Don Juan
Joined
May 26, 2004
Messages
137
Reaction score
0
Age
58
Location
Kansas City
I actually DID a cold approach for the first time last year during my senior year. She was a sophmore that i thought looked fvcking awesome and had grinded with a little during the last dance.
So i asked one of her acquantinces if she thought the girl had a bf. she said she thought no, so it was worth a shot. My inspiration was the “it works like magic” quick tip. So I decided this was the perfect time. I got psyched up and went over and just asked her out. You should have seen the way she blushed. And she told everyone she would have accepted if she DIDN’T have a boyfriend! Turns out she was kinda attached to a guy my age that went to our school my freshman year and now lived in VA, but had visited during the summer. UGGGGH!! Even her friend that was with her would have said yes if I asked her! I just thought it would be fvcked up to ask her out after asking out her best friend in front of her.:rolleyes:
 

gav

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
3
yeh, nice post as usual sammo

i keep on thinking that everything will work out for me. everything will be fine if i just live everyday as it comes to me. reality is that it won't, or most likely won't

i'm mainly thinking about my academic studies here. slowly, every week that goes by i think "ok, that's it, i'll need to start. cmon, i'm a dj, i'm better than everyone else, i know more than them. i'll need to put loads of effort into this. i'll do an hour studying every single day...". unfortunately, i am waiting for that perfect moment as you say, the right time to start. after starting on my stuff today, it's clear that there is no perfect time to start. in fact, today was probably the worst time to start (because i have deadlines to meet now).
i'm going to have to start taking this seriously, because if i don't start putting in massive effort, the other students will overtake me (they already have) and i'll be left behind at the bottom of the class.


cheers man,
gav
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

idiot_boyfriend

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Messages
412
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Great post, Sammo.

I, actually, have approached women that I never met....and believe it or not, it was pretty hard. I almost didn't say a word each time, but I forced myself to move my damn legs over there and start some conversation. I play golf so every now and then, I see a hot girl on a high school team or something; it allows for some easy to start conversations. "What school do you play for?", "When does your season start?", "How good is your team?", etc. I've never successfully completed the Bootcamp because for some stupid reason, I always get side-tracked: school projects, tests, college apps....you know, the Standard Senior Shìt....but once I get back after the winter break, I'll be sure to start the Bootcamp again.

Keep up the good work.
 

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
2,300
Reaction score
17
Location
Where I be at
Nice post Sammo, HoF material, this is explaining procrastination at it's simplest and easiest to see in yourself form. I liked the SS to start off the piece, it really reeled me in :D

wcknightjr : Your approach went well, how come you say it happened last year? Go approach summore!
 

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
2,438
Reaction score
7
Age
39
Originally posted by AFK Protector
dammit Sammo...I read BBB's post on merit and decided not to go for my oneitis....now I read your post and I'm having second thoughts....GODDAM!!!:mad:
If you have oneitis there is no perfect time but there is no right time either. Chances are by now you've ruined your chances, so your time would be better spent elsewhere.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
Originally posted by Nocturnal
If you have oneitis there is no perfect time but there is no right time either. Chances are by now you've ruined your chances, so your time would be better spent elsewhere.
the truth hurts...but I've been getting signals, and SHE actually broke up with him as I've heard from buddies. now she's kinoing me and stuff. I guess she didn't feel right doing it while she had a bf, but I'm just too damn sexy and she broke up with him. yeah...life is hard.:cool:
 
Top