Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The only thing harder to talk to than a beautiful woman...

LikerOfWomen

Don Juan
Reaction score
...is a beautiful woman's voicemail.

Ugh!

Any pointers?

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LikerOfWomen
...is a beautiful woman's voicemail.
Why? Is her outgoing message really, really, really beautiful?

LikerOfWomen

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's difficult to sound smooth coming up with a monologue when you're expecting a dialogue. At least, I have trouble with it... obviously it's a DJ skill to be developed like anything else, but I don't have it!

"Oh, you're not there... well, uh... um.... (stammering like a moron) (making lame joke)...."

I try to be prepared, but when they catch me by surprise I tend to make a fool of myself. I would just hang up before the beep, but when their phone lets them see all incoming calls that may be even worse.

skeetman3000

Don Juan
Reaction score
Usually "Hi [person], this is [your name].I'm just calling because [reason why you are calling] can you call me back at [phone#] as soon as possible/is conveinent. Thank you." works well. If you don't want to leave a reason you can remove that part, and feel free to adapt it however you like. Answering machine/voicemail is just there to communicate information so the person knows who to call back and why. Jokes and stuff just waste time and space in the voicemailbox or answering machine.

m4a1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
-Go to hotornot.com
-Find a picture of an ugly chick (HB3)
-Print her picture
-Dial this HB10's voice mail
-When you hear the beep, look at the HB3 and imagine that you're talking to her.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-Go to hotornot.com
-Find a picture of an ugly chick (HB3)
-Print her picture
-Dial this HB10's voice mail
-When you hear the beep, look at the HB3 and imagine that you're talking to her.
Haha, that's funny, but I bet it will work for a lot of people who are nervous wrecks on the phone.

naoi deag se deag

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Hey, I ran into [someone you know] and we got to talking about you, and he said the craziest thing. He said you" then hang up. She calls back eager to know what this guy said about her, and you've got a dialogue.

My personal tactic:

"...leave a message after the tone..."

BEEP

Me: BEEEEEEEEEELCH. Dork.

And re: incoming call list, call twice with blocked number, twice from cell, twice from home, twice from work, twice from someone else's cell, twice from gas station payphone etc.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah, leave a message

I don't block caller ID (unless it's a test to see if someone's playing games or avoiding me, so I could NEXT them straight out), and rarely call without leaving a message.

1) Calling a lot without leaving messages looks stalkerish and wimpy.

2) People don't get all that many blocked calls, so eventually a gal with brain one would see you're the one making all those blocked calls.

Even high interest gals can be weird about returning calls. Just don't focus too much on any particular gal, and things wil take care of themselves.

Usually I just leave a simple message "(hey ____, it's ________, (optional brief statement of plans), I can be reached at -----------.)", sometimes with a little C+F remark, if something good and unforced comes to mind naturally.

captn caveman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Simply,

"Hi, this is ... , give me a call when you are back."

Why is this so ****ing difficult?

Ah, in Europe,

One thing:

On the cell phone, after you call and she does not answerr,

DO NOT send an SMS, saying, you called for this for that...

She sees your number, and she will call back.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
You should EXPECT the voicemail on the first call. Most people, when they see a strange number on their caller ID, won't pick up at first. They'll wait and see from the voicemail who TF you are.

If you get the live person, consider yourself lucky and continue. If you get the voicemail, leave ONE message...tell her you're going to call her back at xxxxxxx so she has no excuse for not taking the call. Or just tell her to call YOU back.

In most cases, there's no need to leave a voicemail more than once.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Bottom line, if a person can't respond to a voicemail, they're not interested, and they wouldn't be very worthwhile on a date.

Why waste time with someone useless on a phone?

It's not that big a deal bro's. Call. Be the man that you were born as. State your claim. Socialize. Repeat. If you don't ask for what you want, you don't get it.

Once the Rapport flows, or if you have it over a small joke you can leave something, but let your personality dictate what you do.

Women don't just like one type of guy, or do they? HMMMM....Something to think about.

A-Unit

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Player_Supreme
The only thing harder to talk to than a beautiful woman...

Some of the ignorant zeta males on this site!
Dude, we're not zeta males.

Omega is the last letter of the greek alphabet.

We're Omega Males.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Hi it's Francisco. I'm going bowling Friday night and I wanted to know if you would want to tag along. Let me know by tomorrow night if you want to have some fun. Talk to you later." CLICK.

Simple as that.

bangoker

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah i also get kind of out of words when an aswering machine answers

but hey! thats cause here in Mexico like .01% of the people use them, so im just not used to them :p

but i dont worry about it, after all, only like one in a thousand use them :D

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
God. I know exactly what you guys are talking about. I am sure everyone knows my story about the Finnish girl who reply to "why don't you answer my calls" (I know-I was pissed) was "oh, it is Finnish culture-all my friends get cross with me for not returning calls" -although when she decided to flake, it suited her to suddenly start returning calls.

She was incredibly hard to get hold of even while we she was still interested in me, and I often joke to friends I had a whirlwind romance with her answerphone.

My take is that it is a bad idea to arrange dates by answerphone as it does not allow her to counteroffer so easily, and you can cut through her excuses and tell whether she is actually interested or not. The problem is that if a girl is hard to get hold of, continually calling her until she is in, makes you look desperate. The alternative of leaving a message saying "Hi it is M. Give me a ring" does not seem to work much better in my experience.

What does everyone suggest?

I can now see why Doc Love prefers home phone number as then you are either at home or not, whereas mobile there are any number of reasons why someone doesn't pick up.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hot girl, HOT HOT girl, PAM ANDERSON!

what is the differnce?

if you cant be yourself weather she is perfect or fat...then dont bother calling.

if she ishot so what..ignore it..treat her like everyone else..and may success be with youi

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good idea to leave your #

... especially if she doesn't have your #. Even if she does, too many people store their #s on a cell phone, without having them on a hard copy, and lose the cell phone, and with it, their phone book. :rolleyes: