Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The *No Contact* Challenge! ( Read this if you just got dumped)

Cerwin Vega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
StuffofLegends said:
CerwinVega, no man.. Not really had any opportunities... I'm not into random hook ups, not my thing really... Would be nice to find someone to build something with and get to that level tho! How are things going for you and that chick from the Salsa class?
She wasn't from my salsa class, I met her on the internet (sad, I know).

We met on Friday and had sex about 40 minutes into the date. I can't stress enough on how important it is to see that there are other girls out there.

She's the second girl I ever had sex with and the first one in 5 months (since the breakup). Most of my anxieties are gone, I'm totally calm now! (not that good since I rely on external validation which is sex with a woman)

I barely think of the ex now, I even met her cousin and his fiance later that day when I was going to the movies with my friends. Gave them a big a-ss smile and asked how's it going, I haven't even thought of mentioning my ex! Ha!

StuffofLegends

Don Juan
Reaction score
CerwinVegaFan said:
She wasn't from my salsa class, I met her on the internet (sad, I know).

We met on Friday and had sex about 40 minutes into the date. I can't stress enough on how important it is to see that there are other girls out there.

She's the second girl I ever had sex with and the first one in 5 months (since the breakup). Most of my anxieties are gone, I'm totally calm now! (not that good since I rely on external validation which is sex with a woman)

I barely think of the ex now, I even met her cousin and his fiance later that day when I was going to the movies with my friends. Gave them a big a-ss smile and asked how's it going, I haven't even thought of mentioning my ex! Ha!
Well man I'm glad to hear your moving on and having some victory! Thats awesome! Congrats!

I feel if I could just meet a cool chick that I enjoyed spending time with who was more than just a friend then I would finally be free!

But so glad to hear your doing good!

Cerwin Vega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just go with the flow and push yourself out of the comfort zone. I want a relationship with this girl but even if we only stay fwb or never see each other anymore, I'm cool with that. At least I got to spend my time with a hot chick.
Do the same and it will get better.

Cerwin Vega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sh!t guys. It seems like the new girl has just replaced the ex. I'm starting to get a crush on her.

It's just like Owen said, once you meet this awesome chick, GO FIND ANOTHER!

The North Dragon

Don Juan
Reaction score
20 days of NC

it has been slowly getting easier and thinking of her less and less each day and keeping myself busy with work and college.

Haven't heard a single thing from her since she wanted to split but I guess that's down to her being a stubborn sh1t.

So at the weekend we bumped into each other on a night out in our social circles. We were in the same club and I noticed she tried to make me jealous by dancing with others guys and I didn't budge. Later me and my friends under up on the dancefloor next to them acting like nothing had happened. I wasn't giving two craps as I was having an awesome night not giving her any attention. Later me and my buddy approached two girls at a table and it felt good. After that me and my friends left to head to another club. I noticed she left her friends to watch me walk out the club and it felt good.

After that we bump into each other again at the next place still acting like nothing happened and I talk to two girls and get close to them. I needed up having a week look at my ex and sure as hell she was watching like hawk. I felt awesome. Twice I went to the bar to get a drink and she came right beside me both times. First time I ignored and walked away and second time I acknowledge her and said hello and asked how her night was. Now earlier she seemed really happy and cheerful but when I asked now she looked terrible and upset and said she was having a rubbish night and she asked how I was doing. I said I had a brilliant night being cheerful and said I needed to leave as I didn't want to get into a conversation with her. 10 minutes later she pulls me up on the dancefloor and trys to talk . She said some things like;

' how can you act like nothing has happened blah blAh, your acting like a d1ck and I loved you. I was waiting for you to marry me and everything and I got a call from you mum the night after we split what's that all about?'

She said some other stuff but I can't remember what it was as I had a bit to drink. I listened to what she had to say but I only replied with ' this isn't the time of place to talk about it and isn't exactly fair and reminded her that she dumped me.

She looked really upset and seemed as though she had been crying. She then walked away back to her friends and I got evil looks from them when I didn't nothing and remember she dumped me and have given her nothing since the spLit.she didn't leave me for another guy either.

Her sister did approach me earlier saying she needed to talk to me which I didn't know why but I didn't speak to her. I texted her next day asking what that was all about last night and she never replied.

Still have lingering feelings and I know because she doesn't have another bf right now I still kind of want to get back with her. I am improving my myself in everyway I can though but not having much luck with women as my confidence is low.

Did she just act out of pure emotion because I gave nothing after the relationship ended or is she still wound up on me? I know I shouldn't care but it still makes you think I suppose.

Between_The_Lines

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Broke NC. I have her Instagram login info, was a bit tipsy a few nights ago, the urge took over and I stupidly logged into her IG. I saw some lengthy inspirational vow to be-all-you-can-be quote posted a few days after the break up, her partying it up with friends in Vegas (I was supposed to go on that trip), some random dude shot her a compliment, and she liked a ton of pics of some guy she once had a fling with.

Crushed. Devastated. Back to the bottom of the staircase. And to think, "damn, I was doing so good....until now." I tried to have a friend reset her password so I can never get in, even if I wanted to, but it can only be done through email and I don't have access to her email account, so it looks like it's going to take an incredible amount of restraint to get through this one.

Maybe it's because of what I did (signing into her IG), but I still have a very difficult time accepting that she's out there right now doing god knows what, flirting, groping, screwing other dudes. Amazing how all the progress I made was wiped out with just that one little move.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The North Dragon said:
20 days of NC

it has been slowly getting easier and thinking of her less and less each day and keeping myself busy with work and college.

Haven't heard a single thing from her since she wanted to split but I guess that's down to her being a stubborn sh1t.

So at the weekend we bumped into each other on a night out in our social circles. We were in the same club and I noticed she tried to make me jealous by dancing with others guys and I didn't budge. Later me and my friends under up on the dancefloor next to them acting like nothing had happened. I wasn't giving two craps as I was having an awesome night not giving her any attention. Later me and my buddy approached two girls at a table and it felt good. After that me and my friends left to head to another club. I noticed she left her friends to watch me walk out the club and it felt good.

After that we bump into each other again at the next place still acting like nothing happened and I talk to two girls and get close to them. I needed up having a week look at my ex and sure as hell she was watching like hawk. I felt awesome. Twice I went to the bar to get a drink and she came right beside me both times. First time I ignored and walked away and second time I acknowledge her and said hello and asked how her night was. Now earlier she seemed really happy and cheerful but when I asked now she looked terrible and upset and said she was having a rubbish night and she asked how I was doing. I said I had a brilliant night being cheerful and said I needed to leave as I didn't want to get into a conversation with her. 10 minutes later she pulls me up on the dancefloor and trys to talk . She said some things like;

' how can you act like nothing has happened blah blAh, your acting like a d1ck and I loved you. I was waiting for you to marry me and everything and I got a call from you mum the night after we split what's that all about?'

She said some other stuff but I can't remember what it was as I had a bit to drink. I listened to what she had to say but I only replied with ' this isn't the time of place to talk about it and isn't exactly fair and reminded her that she dumped me.

She looked really upset and seemed as though she had been crying. She then walked away back to her friends and I got evil looks from them when I didn't nothing and remember she dumped me and have given her nothing since the spLit.she didn't leave me for another guy either.

Her sister did approach me earlier saying she needed to talk to me which I didn't know why but I didn't speak to her. I texted her next day asking what that was all about last night and she never replied.

Still have lingering feelings and I know because she doesn't have another bf right now I still kind of want to get back with her. I am improving my myself in everyway I can though but not having much luck with women as my confidence is low.

Did she just act out of pure emotion because I gave nothing after the relationship ended or is she still wound up on me? I know I shouldn't care but it still makes you think I suppose.
She dumped you man.

By the way, seeing her and talking to her in the club is not being 'No Contact'.

She's playing you coz you she saw you giving your attention elsewhere. She's worming her way back in and sending her sister to do her dirty work as well. She's full of regret because she doesn't have your undivided anymore. As soon as you back track, so will she.

Should have ignored her the whole night.

But hey, what do I know.

The North Dragon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I did ignore her the whole night except only
When she approached beside me. I ignored her then she done it again so I try to appear fine. I didn't want to seem butt hurt and bitter.

Had she left me for another dude then it would be a different story but it wasn't a messy break up or anything. But maybe your right who knows. Thanks for the input.

The North Dragon

Don Juan
Reaction score
When we spoke of marriage before she was down for it and could see herself being with me forever. Then a couple of months we ended she was unsure about marriage and whether she even wanted to get married in general. Not sure if this was a test or what not?

Don't think I was dumped because of the marrying thing though as she put it ' we argued to much for her liking, I admit I acted like douche at times which could have prevented some of the arguing but in general she said she had enough and wanted nothing more than to focus on her life and college.

When we spoke on the night of the break I apologised for my own doings and wanted to try again and she declined so I accepted, said we couldn't be friends, told her not to text me again and this is where I am now.

Each week is improving and I feel stronger.

christoff522

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, gone NC with my uBPDx. Now, this isn't your normal NC. This is simply me doing this:

Not texting
Not calling
Not liking her statuses
Not liking her photos.

Presenting my life as being fun, exciting, my personality as being pretty awesome.

Also attempting dates with other girls. The reason is this, I'm punishing her for being a d!ck and having a bf, whilst texting me, and trying to triangulate me. I'm breaking that sh!t up right now.

Why not simply delete her? Well I don't want to, it's not a compulsion or anything, it's simply a 'narcissistic' act of punishment. I am expecting her to break NC at some point, if not she is either being defiant or doesn't care. I'm trying to show how little she means to me, whilst denying her the privelidge of contact. Also, now I've said it, I MUST keep to it otherwise she will think me weak.

Day 1 of 28

christoff522

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 2 of 28

No contact, feel better, a lot of the FOG has begun to dissipate. I have a lot less of an urge to contact her than I did a while ago. She's messed me about n messed with my head. I'm beginning to detach. I like NC. My feeling is that in a week or so she may just contact me. If not I'll already be well on my way to getting over her anyway !

StuffofLegends

Don Juan
Reaction score
A friend of my Ex fb messaged me and was telling me how done she is with my Ex.. That she over exaggerates, as well as FULL BLOWN LIES and has got her caught up in a bunch of crap. Stuff I already know about her ha.

She also told me how my Ex has already branch swung to another guy after the one she branch swung too from me.. Reason being was b/c he didn't show her enough "attention". Hahaha which is the exact same thing she said about me... Crazy chick!

christoff522

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 3 of 28

Life is good, get to work at 3pm (GMT) and I'll be there til 11. So most of the day I'll have zero opportunity to contact anyone. Gonna take the opportunity to flirt with girls and practice my social skills ha

:rock:

Sardines

Don Juan
Reaction score
CerwinVegaFan said:
Sh!t guys. It seems like the new girl has just replaced the ex. I'm starting to get a crush on her.

It's just like Owen said, once you meet this awesome chick, GO FIND ANOTHER!
I know everything is going swimmingly well and you could easily lose sight and start thinking with your heart and not your head. It's imperative not to focus all your energy on her and let her chase you. Try to keep busy and still keep talking to other women even if you don't plan to do anything. And by all means, let her bring up the issue of becoming exclusive first. Cheers and good luck.

Cerwin Vega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, not really, the new girl is most likely a flake.

My mom's patient works in the same hospital as my ex, she (my mother) told me news about my ex's family (they're expecting a new sister), I stupidly asked "is she still dating that guy?" (note: mom hates her guts and NEVER wants me back with the ex)

I was told that their relationship is falling apart since she's commanding him to buy her flowers and sh!t, he doesn't like it so he's yelling at her and they do it in front of the whole hospital staff.

I don't know why but it got me really upset hearing news about her and their relationship. It bugs me a lot more than it should since this girl flaked on me today...

SoSuave666

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CerwinVegaFan said:
No, not really, the new girl is most likely a flake.

My mom's patient works in the same hospital as my ex, she (my mother) told me news about my ex's family (they're expecting a new sister), I stupidly asked "is she still dating that guy?" (note: mom hates her guts and NEVER wants me back with the ex)

I was told that their relationship is falling apart since she's commanding him to buy her flowers and sh!t, he doesn't like it so he's yelling at her and they do it in front of the whole hospital staff.

I don't know why but it got me really upset hearing news about her and their relationship. It bugs me a lot more than it should since this girl flaked on me today...
You're only 20, man. Take these lumps and keep on rollin'. I made some serious mistakes when I was younger after breakups, and honestly it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I'm like 34 or 35 days NC right now and I don't even care. She could reach out tomorrow to me and I would be completely indifferent to her where I could respond or not...doesn't matter. In the grand scheme of things--the big picture--you'll realize that her dumping you was the best thing that ever happened. Do you want to be commanded to buy flowers? Do you want to get in fights in the hospital? Do you want to be walking on egg shells?

Don't take breakups personally. I know it's hard not to, but after a while those hatred, anger, heartwrenching feelings dissipate and what you are left with is knowledge and experience. I find that when you get broken up with your ex gives you two very distinct gifts that no one else could give you:

1.) Determination. If you aren't determined and motivated after a breakup to workout like a beast and dedicate yourself to a hobby then you are doing it wrong.
2.) Knowledge/Experience. Like I said above, after all the anguish and pain you ultimately gain self-awareness.

What you are left with is a better version of yourself. Someone so far beyond what your ex ever wanted from you that if she saw you after a years' time, she would hardly recognize the man you are. And of course, by this time it's far too late. The irony is that you could never be the best version of yourself without the actual breakup occurring. If you stayed with her you could never be on the path to becoming the best you.

So take a drink, smoke a cigar, do what you wanna do. You know why? You're single now. Anything that she does is of no concern to you. All that money you spent, all that time you invested...well it's time to use those things on yourself. The next woman you get will thank you--and your ex--for it.

Cerwin Vega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SoSuave666, I wish I've had more people like you in my life.
None of my friends had really gone through what I have, some of them are in my position minus the breakup (highschool sweethearts) and whenever I tell them to go out and stop treating their girls like princesses my words fall on deaf ears.
They keep telling me my ex was bad and I will find someone better.
Maybe she is bad, but blaming her entirely and excusing myself saying she's BPD is running away from my issues.

thefisherman

Reaction score
The hardest thing...

I'm not going to go into total detail. It's been 3 months since we've split. She left me for another fella and that's now all gone tits up for her. She feels guilty , has been very distant to me. I've Been with her 10 years. Married 2. Two children so NC will be hard. I will only reply to her about kids from now on. I've said my bit in the last few weeks to her. I've now been out with a few girls but can't stop thinking about ex. Now it's time to implement drop off the face of the earth and get on with my life. Again, I will only reply one word answers about kids as they mean the world to me. But she no longer exists.

Wish me luck.

Between_The_Lines

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CerwinVegaFan said:
SoSuave666, I wish I've had more people like you in my life.
None of my friends had really gone through what I have, some of them are in my position minus the breakup (highschool sweethearts) and whenever I tell them to go out and stop treating their girls like princesses my words fall on deaf ears.
They keep telling me my ex was bad and I will find someone better.
Maybe she is bad, but blaming her entirely and excusing myself saying she's BPD is running away from my issues.
At the risk of sounding perhaps a bit callous, the best thing you could hope for your friends is that these high school sweethearts eventually tear them several new ones by means of a ruthless breakup. That's not to say that you'd only wish this for them - hey, if it works out for them, that's great too, but think about what you've been through/are going through and the impact it's had (and will continue to have) on your life.

I'm 4 days shy of making one month since my girlfriend left me, and just this morning I was looking forward with a twisted sense of enthusiasm to my next breakup, precisely because it has brought so many personal deficiencies to light and led me to re-examine my life as a whole in a way that would not have happened if not for the breakup. For example, I've been thinking a lot lately about not just what attracted my ex, but other girls in the past, and it's all basically come down to the same thing, they all were drawn to the way I carried myself, broadly speaking. That wasn't me at all this last time around. I was a needy, insecure little *****, and I brought everything that came as a result of that upon myself - the misery, the anxiety, the feeling of proceeding through the relationship with my brain turned off, and finally, the break up.

Girls have the capacity of reevaluating their situations post breakup too, sure, but for the sake of argument, if a girl is at or at least very near the 5 mark as far as her beauty is concerned, all she really has to do is get dolled up, hit the bars/clubs and she'll have a guy in no time to help pave over the pain and feeling of emptiness. Some don't even have to go that far. Some just need to let it be known on Facebook that they're now single and dudes will flock to her without hesitation - just the way it is.

It's much much better that this isn't the case for us guys in the long term - we get to take a more proactive approach as far as improving ourselves by seeing to it that we continue to increase in value. This is an opportunity not just to find yourself again, but to build upon yourself like never before. Sky's the limit man.

And @ SoSuave666 - excellent post.

Cerwin Vega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some (most) of us need to feel this short-term void as well, that's what GFTOW is.