Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The myth of 8 hours of sleep

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to do that 23 & me test. I have had abysmal sleep and it is hard enough to get anywhere near 8hrs. Since fasting it changed for me. Personally, I have to disagree. I have seen some stuff and the improvements from more sleeping has been the betterment of my life. I have better cognitive function, no brain fog, PRs in the gym, top shelf game, and a variety of leveling up.

I am going to get my 23 & me done + transcribed. I am curious of what the result is and I suspect markers will show the need to get MORE not less sleep. I think it's very individual. I am deezed and highly motivated to get **** done. The population is fat, low T, emo, and a slob. Less sleep and more activity is required. The better my sleep, the better my output and performance.

peeps

Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to do that 23 & me test. I have had abysmal sleep and it is hard enough to get anywhere near 8hrs. Since fasting it changed for me.
Out of interest what improved for you in terms of fasting?

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Out of interest what improved for you in terms of fasting?
110% aesthetics. 6pack. Lean but deezed. My sleep is ****ed from time to time but a lot better. I have not looked this good since my mid twenties. I went super sayain over global pandemic. All calisthenics and gymnastics ring workouts. I workout hard so its a combo. I cannot suggest that enough.

If you never have tried. Been getting hit on at dog parks and post workouts out doors. Its like fishing with dynamite. It's a young man's game but fasting has super charged my metabolism like a reset.

Test your body. Mate, i don't **** with sleep. My sleep is elusive. You maybe a outlier and able to sleep little without consequences. That's 1% of the population. I am not that fortunate. I get 4 if lucky most of my life. I combat this with meditation, rest, fasting, lifting and rest.

I am more cognizant about sleeping well. Slee9 mask, Epsom salts, dark room, cut blue light, red light lamb, dark mode on tv and phone, etc. I highly recommend why we sleep by matt walker and jre podcast 1109.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t screw with sleep. I have had blood work done when I was sleeping 4-5 hours a night.. cortisol was high, testosterone low, growth hormone was low and dhea low

6 months later retest after a few months of 8-9 hours of sleep a night. Cortisol perfect, testosterone jumped a few hundred, growth hormone went much higher and same with dhea

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to do that 23 & me test. I have had abysmal sleep and it is hard enough to get anywhere near 8hrs. Since fasting it changed for me. Personally, I have to disagree. I have seen some stuff and the improvements from more sleeping has been the betterment of my life. I have better cognitive function, no brain fog, PRs in the gym, top shelf game, and a variety of leveling up.

I am going to get my 23 & me done + transcribed. I am curious of what the result is and I suspect markers will show the need to get MORE not less sleep. I think it's very individual. I am deezed and highly motivated to get **** done. The population is fat, low T, emo, and a slob. Less sleep and more activity is required. The better my sleep, the better my output and performance.
what is that test about

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t screw with sleep. I have had blood work done when I was sleeping 4-5 hours a night.. cortisol was high, testosterone low, growth hormone was low and dhea low

6 months later retest after a few months of 8-9 hours of sleep a night. Cortisol perfect, testosterone jumped a few hundred, growth hormone went much higher and same with dhea
I never did the test but I have noticed a 85% decrease in output on my workout. No PRs. Its not a good time. I have always been a night owl. Sleep got ****ed at like 15. I have had to work on it ever since.

Fight club is epic. It is accurate on insomnia, delusional, and psychopathy from a lack of sleep. Granted, the narrator is insane. I suspect a lack of sleep is a temporary way of ****ing one's head up.

Give it a try bro.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never did the test but I have noticed a 85% decrease in output on my workout. No PRs. Its not a good time. I have always been a night owl. Sleep got ****ed at like 15. I have had to work on it ever since.

Fight club is epic. It is accurate on insomnia, delusional, and psychopathy from a lack of sleep. Granted, the narrator is insane. I suspect a lack of sleep is a temporary way of ****ing one's head up.

Give it a try bro.
i worked mid night shift for 3 years! I could never sleep during the days. I probably averaged 2 hours a day when I was working. I was so tired I couldn’t tell what was real at times. It was one dream state!

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i worked mid night shift for 3 years! I could never sleep during the days. I probably averaged 2 hours a day when I was working. I was so tired I couldn’t tell what was real at times. It was one dream state!
Been there in lucid mode. Never had nights. I wont do it.

I use to sabotage sleep and slam *****s. I don't sabotage myself nor purpose for *****. It's not worth it.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Sleep is so underrated when it comes to this stuff. People don't get that lack of sleep is literally one of the most stressful things you can do to your body. Which is why your cortisol levels were high and the others low...cortisol is the stress hormone. Lack of sleep throws your natural rhythms out of whack completely.

Probably 70% of people would see far more results from sleeping 8 hours than doing anything else. Not changing or increasing their workouts, looking at their diets, etc etc...just sleep.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing is this. Don't mess with your sleep, period. However, your 18 year old self probably needs 8+ hours for optimal functioning, but your 35 year old self only needs 7 so don't panic just because you don't get to those 8 hours as a hard and fast rule. It will vary from person to person and period in life, the body is very good at getting what it needs. I rarely manage to get more than 7 hours nowadays and i know from my parents that they need less and less sleep for every decade.

@DEEZEDBRAH, fasting is great. What kind of fast do you do? Hardcore or intermittent?

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
18 hour days for like all of my life, carbs made me crash but going keito removed the crash and now I'm even more productive than before muahaha

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel my best on 7-9 hours a night of sleep. Ideally 8-9 hours.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I ensure deep "REM" sleep by engineering a pre-sleep method of concoction taylor-made (researched via youtube mainly from motivationaldoc) or just simply a sip of Nyquil-knockoff to put me down within 10-20 minutes (no twisting and turning/thinking). Also, if I have worked long hours, say more than 10 than I am probably inevitably gonna fall asleep in my massage chair which gives me deep sleep. I dream a Lot since I've started ensuring a deep sleep 3 or so years ago. Taking Magnesium Threonate or French Maritime Pine Bark extract can make me dream/go in to REM too. How you Feel waking up (not groggy, but ready-to-go) is important too. It's not how Long you sleep but how when you wake up you're ready to snap to it (as your body/mind is Healed like a lithium battery is recharged).

I'm ready to workout now after pretty good sleep though only 5-6 hours, though I usually get 7-8. Went to bed at 1:45 AM woke up at 7:20 AM, dreaming heavily of course.

This workout is gonna be a b!tch cause I'm adding more today, more and different ab-work and running, as well as a new pullup bar so I don't have to rely on the neighborhood park which I used to have to run to.

JonD13

Don Juan
Reaction score
average 4-5 of sleep daily due to 3 work sched, need some funds to pay some bills. I think I used this time of sleep already, when I get 6-8hours of sleep during weekends I felt tired when I woke up.

so for me, I get active in 4-5 hours of sleep. Still I can manage to minimal workout but most important, keep hydrated and have discipline of foods I eat and good supplements as well.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just know that lack of sleep prevents melatonin production which is what prevents cancer. Among that it can lead to heart issues, high blood pressure, stroke, etc. I've seen several high power people tout running on only 4-5 hours to be as productive as possible, only to die an early death. Just something to think about...

crosscheck1331

Don Juan
Reaction score
For many years I ran on about 4-5 hours of sleep. I would feel bad but would march on. The past couple of months I have made it a goal to bed at 10 the latest (I get up at 5 am). I've done this consistently and I have noticed a difference. Better awareness and I feel like I can retain stuff better (like if I'm reading something - I can grasp the essence much quicker). I understand the importance now and will be aiming to get as much sleep as I can. I honestly started getting sick of feeling tired afternoon/mid afternoon and feeling like a zombie.

JonD13

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just know that lack of sleep prevents melatonin production which is what prevents cancer. Among that it can lead to heart issues, high blood pressure, stroke, etc. I've seen several high power people tout running on only 4-5 hours to be as productive as possible, only to die an early death. Just something to think about...
This is a good words to keep.