"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

The importance of a bro

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
953
Reaction score
690
Age
30
For a while I couldn't go out without being immensely focused on pulling a chick. If I went to a bar, that was my mission. I wanted to leave with a curvy, promiscuous chick that would blow my brains out.

And I still do.

But the difference between tonight and all the previous times I went out is that leaving with a girl wasn't my priority. I met a good friend in the gym recently. We went out for drinks tonight. I had a phenomenal time. Just connecting with a dude that was on my level. I just moved to the Bay earlier this year so I don't have a lot of close friends like I do back home. But I hung with this dude about had a good time. I didn't care too much what girls were around. What other people thought of me. What I could do to attract this girl or that girl. I was just enjoying my friends company.

This experience is one I've been longing for. Earlier this summer I realized that I wanted to have more badasses in my life. People that will push me. Understand me. And that I can just have a good time. I met one. And I just wanted to encourage you guys, if you don't already, to find a guy friend who does the same for you. Someone like you.

It's important to be able to express yourself in ways you can't to acquaintances and to bounce ideas off each other. Or even to just feel like you can relate to what they say. Makes you feel good.

I'm rambling. But what it comes down to is I had a great time and didn't care about any women. Or their validation. I mean, I did, but it wasn't i was seeking it and my night was ruined if I didn't get it.

Make great friends, guys specifically. It's key to bringing out the best you.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Snake-eyes

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2019
Messages
86
Reaction score
65
Age
34
“Bros before hoes” there’s a lot more to that saying.
Finding a wet hole from broads ain’t that hard. But finding genuine solid ****ing guys that make you wanna be better person is something else. Bitches come and go but the good times you spent with the homies can be rare.
 

lamath

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2018
Messages
2,714
Reaction score
2,659
Age
45
Location
Canada
For a while I couldn't go out without being immensely focused on pulling a chick. If I went to a bar, that was my mission. I wanted to leave with a curvy, promiscuous chick that would blow my brains out.

And I still do.

But the difference between tonight and all the previous times I went out is that leaving with a girl wasn't my priority. I met a good friend in the gym recently. We went out for drinks tonight. I had a phenomenal time. Just connecting with a dude that was on my level. I just moved to the Bay earlier this year so I don't have a lot of close friends like I do back home. But I hung with this dude about had a good time. I didn't care too much what girls were around. What other people thought of me. What I could do to attract this girl or that girl. I was just enjoying my friends company.

This experience is one I've been longing for. Earlier this summer I realized that I wanted to have more badasses in my life. People that will push me. Understand me. And that I can just have a good time. I met one. And I just wanted to encourage you guys, if you don't already, to find a guy friend who does the same for you. Someone like you.

It's important to be able to express yourself in ways you can't to acquaintances and to bounce ideas off each other. Or even to just feel like you can relate to what they say. Makes you feel good.

I'm rambling. But what it comes down to is I had a great time and didn't care about any women. Or their validation. I mean, I did, but it wasn't i was seeking it and my night was ruined if I didn't get it.

Make great friends, guys specifically. It's key to bringing out the best you.
Completely agree on this.
Lots of possitive, men hanging with each other often, usualy become more masculine and act like real man.

Ever notice that those girly men usualy dont have many guy friend or barely never hang with them when they do.
 

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 16, 2019
Messages
328
Reaction score
213
Age
61
Make great friends, guys specifically. It's key to bringing out the best you.
This is one of the key pieces of advice from No More Mr Nice Guy. Which is something I need to work on more, but it's difficult in that my line of work is pretty isolated and a lot of my time and energy is invested in co-parenting, and will continue to be for the next four years or so.
 
U

user43770

Guest
It's definitely good to have a close male friend that you can confide in...you certainly can't do it with women.

I tend to think I'm always right, but when I'm drinking a few beers with a close friend, I realize that sometimes I should reconsider.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

U

user43770

Guest
By the way, reading classic fiction helps to expand the mind. Having to envision yourself in different shoes can be life changing.
 

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
953
Reaction score
690
Age
30
“Bros before hoes” there’s a lot more to that saying.
Finding a wet hole from broads ain’t that hard. But finding genuine solid ****ing guys that make you wanna be better person is something else. Bitches come and go but the good times you spent with the homies can be rare.
Facts.

If you find a solid dude, they're likely to be around forever. And if not, at least a long while.

I'd recommend guys find that before they go finding a girlfriend. It's just different what having this kind of friend does for your mental state and inner game. Keeps you grounded. Confident. Hungry. Good guys are always there for other good guys. That's irreplaceable.

Some may seem good initially but show their true colors later, that's fine. It's happened to me. But I know my guys that're still around will hold me down no matter what.

That being said, they're hard to find. But once they come into your life it'll be 'worth the wait'. My granddad said something to me that I found quite profound a while back:

"I went out looking for friends, and found none. I went out as a friend, and made many."
 

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
4,082
Reaction score
1,717
Age
29
Gotta have good friends. I totally agree with you bro. It makes you feel so much better in general. I'm working on making more friends as we speak
 
Top