"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

The hard truth many of you need to hear: 8 reasons you aren’t successful with women.

cola

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 26, 2009
Messages
2,224
Reaction score
3,002
Location
Baltimore
Why you aren’t doing well on OLD/Bars/Social Circle:

1.) You are over weight
. Being a fat guy puts you right at the bottom. It’s one of the worst things you can be. While there are some chicks who dig fat guys you are severely limiting yourself by being overweight and or having a large stomach. They automatically assume you have a little wiener and are gonna lay on top of them with all your weight and crush them and sweat bacon grease all over them. The thought of sex with you is repulsive.

2.) You dress like sh*t. You can be the top engineer, a home owner, graduated top in your class yea yea, none of that sh*t matters if you dress like a hobo in your down time. Invest in some clothes, nice ones. If you are super casual make sure you sneakers look new/newish, dress shoes are polished. Always iron. Most importantly, more important than designers or brand names, make sure your clothes fit well. The tailor is your friend. All dress pants and jackets should be tailored but you can also do the same for jeans.

3.) You look/smell dirty. Dirty fingernails, chapped lips, bags under your eyes. You just look like you don’t have good personal hygiene. Be a little more metro sexual. Once a month go get a manicure. It’s $20 and feels great. Shower daily. Invest in cologne. I have a 30 bottle cologne collection and can give you safe blind buys if anyone wants.

4.) Your breath smells like it’s a little man in your mouth taking a poo this is the number one overlooked thing in dating. You get close to a woman and your breath smells anything other than minty fresh GAME OVER. Brush twice daily, get your tounge

5,) You have no social skills and say dumb sh*t all the time. There is always that guy who in the social group has to share his controversial view points and go on and on about them. Wants to talk about the “radical left” and why “Marxism is good”.. and how trump is making America great again.
Keep that sh*t to yourself. You are entitled to your own opinion but that **** isn’t gonna get you laid. Just keep things light and funny.

And it wouldn’t be a cola thread without the controversial section:

Things you can’t do anything about and just have to compensate for:

6.) You are below 5’8.
I’m sorry. There is a large female population who just isnt going to date you. It sucks, being under 5’8 doesn’t make you less of a man. The strongest kid I know is a 5’5 ex college wrestler. He would slam any 6’2 guy on his neck and ground and pound him till he is in a coma. But it’s just the reality of the dating game.

7.) You are anything other than black or white. It is what it is man, the number one sought after man is white. Even me as a black guy have accepted there is a good amount of women who wouldn’t date me, no matter what I say.. Brown/Asian/Dark Latinos are going to have an even larger segment of the population who just won’t date you. I apologize, is what it is.

8.) You have an ugly face. Again unfortunate, some facial features you just can’t fix. Doesn’t mean you can’t get girls, you just are limited and probably won’t do well on OLD. You have to rely more on personality and status.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 27, 2017
Messages
1,966
Reaction score
1,969
Age
39
2.) You dress like sh*t. You can be the top engineer, a home owner, graduated top in your class yea yea, none of that sh*t matters if you dress like a hobo in your down time. Invest in some clothes, nice ones. If you are super casual make sure you sneakers look new/newish, dress shoes are polished. Always iron. Most importantly, more important than designers or brand names, make sure your clothes fit well. The tailor is your friend. All dress pants and jackets should be tailored but you can also do the same for jeans.
It only recently dawned on me about how my nice clothes fit, slacks, dress shirts, designer jeans, etc. and the importance of having them tailored. Once I did, I started receiving unsolicited compliments from coworkers about how nice I looked wearing the same stuff I wore before. Fitment is def key when focusing on your clothes.
 

Georgepithyou

Banned
Joined
Jan 17, 2020
Messages
1,777
Reaction score
2,213
Age
30
Location
Sydney
Good write up, very well said.

A lot of it comes down to self improvement, too many guys just make excuses and blame women when they look and act like slobs.

What are some decently priced cologne? I don't want to buy those expensive $300 brand name ones
 

cola

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 26, 2009
Messages
2,224
Reaction score
3,002
Location
Baltimore
Good write up, very well said.

A lot of it comes down to self improvement, too many guys just make excuses and blame women when they look and act like slobs.

What are some decently priced cologne? I don't want to buy those expensive $300 brand name ones
Tres nuit. Amazon, $30. Smells EXACTLY like Creed Green Irish tweed which is $300. You could put them next to each other and couldn’t tel the difference.
Thank me after.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

SoSuave666

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2012
Messages
1,123
Reaction score
874
Shameless plug:
 

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 29, 2019
Messages
2,236
Reaction score
2,822
Age
48
Going to the gym and getting serious about being fit and staying fit is not optional if you want to be seen as a real man.

A fit man demonstrates that he's willing to put in the work, and it'll change the way the world responds to you, which in turn will change the way you respond to the world for the better. It grants you power that you otherwise wouldn't have.
 

Georgepithyou

Banned
Joined
Jan 17, 2020
Messages
1,777
Reaction score
2,213
Age
30
Location
Sydney
Tres nuit. Amazon, $30. Smells EXACTLY like Creed Green Irish tweed which is $300. You could put them next to each other and couldn’t tel the difference.
Thank me after.
30 dollars is a steal, will get that for sure. My versace that my ex bought be is running out
 

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 27, 2017
Messages
1,966
Reaction score
1,969
Age
39
Going to the gym and getting serious about being fit and staying fit is not optional if you want to be seen as a real man.

A fit man demonstrates that he's willing to put in the work, and it'll change the way the world responds to you, which in turn will change the way you respond to the world for the better. It grants you power that you otherwise wouldn't have.
Women are attracted to men who are hard working and passionate (with positive results, obviously). A fit man exhibits both of these traits making women respect him more.
 

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 18, 2020
Messages
2,388
Reaction score
2,689
The ONLY things that are important for a man are the things he can’t change:

HEIGHT and HAIR

Everything else can be fixed.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 27, 2017
Messages
1,966
Reaction score
1,969
Age
39
7.) You are anything other than black or white. It is what it is man, the number one sought after man is white. Even me as a black guy have accepted there is a good amount of women who wouldn’t date me, no matter what I say.. Brown/Asian/Dark Latinos are going to have an even larger segment of the population who just won’t date you. I apologize, is what it is.
I'm going to disagree with you here. Seeing as you're from Baltimore, you probably aren't aware that latin men in South Florida, Texas and Cali do great with women of any race.
 

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 29, 2019
Messages
2,236
Reaction score
2,822
Age
48
The ONLY things that are important for a man are the things he can’t change:

HEIGHT and HAIR

Everything else can be fixed.
Disagree completely. The only thing that matters is confidence.

Honestly I think being a tall woman is more of a problem than being a shorter man. I'm 5'7" and it hasn't stopped me from scoring bombshell hotties over the years. It does cut the dating pool by at least 35%, but I'm not going to stress about it since I can't do anything about it. All the hottest women on OLD around me are at least 5'9" or taller, I almost feel bad for them given how much of the dating pool is not even going to pursue them.

Hair really isn't an issue if you have your life in order. Even if you're going bald, you'll be fine so long as you own it. Getting insecure because you're losing your hair is exactly the kind of mentality that repels women. Forget about it and live your life.

I have lost a decent amount of hair and I had a married coworker I know is really into me jump on the topic when it came up in casual conversation. I blew it off like it was nothing and she dropped the topic instantly. It was obvious she was trying pretty hard to provoke my insecurity, but I've long since stopped caring about hair loss so it wasn't a problem.
 

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2015
Messages
10,537
Reaction score
8,538
Age
37
Hair is changeable. I pulled more ass when I shaved my head bald.

Height is definitely a limiting factor but it depends on the social context. Height is important in the club / bar scene but not in other metrics like speed dating or social networks.

For online dating, the way around height is to lie.

-If you’re 5’7 or shorter, you are 5’9 on your profile.
-if you’re 5’8-5’10, add 2 inches to your height
-if you are 5’11, use 6’
-if you are taller than 6’3, use 6’3.

If you’re blessed enough to be 6’0-6’3, your honest height will suffice.
 

biggoal

Banned
Joined
Jul 19, 2019
Messages
3,638
Reaction score
780
Age
42
Disagree completely. The only thing that matters is confidence.

Honestly I think being a tall woman is more of a problem than being a shorter man. I'm 5'7" and it hasn't stopped me from scoring bombshell hotties over the years. It does cut the dating pool by at least 35%, but I'm not going to stress about it since I can't do anything about it. All the hottest women on OLD around me are at least 5'9" or taller, I almost feel bad for them given how much of the dating pool is not even going to pursue them.

Hair really isn't an issue if you have your life in order. Even if you're going bald, you'll be fine so long as you own it. Getting insecure because you're losing your hair is exactly the kind of mentality that repels women. Forget about it and live your life.

I have lost a decent amount of hair and I had a married coworker I know is really into me jump on the topic when it came up in casual conversation. I blew it off like it was nothing and she dropped the topic instantly. It was obvious she was trying pretty hard to provoke my insecurity, but I've long since stopped caring about hair loss so it wasn't a problem.
What do you think of OLD when you see a 5-1 woman who wants a Chad over 6 feet LOL? yes, you see that from time to time on OLD. Not a lot but you do and those women you see on there every single damn day.

I do notice lately on OLD some women have lowered their height requirements.

Also, women lie on OLD too. Most 5-7 and up don't seem that. They fudge their heights up too btw just like the weight.

Being bald is BS and I don't think is a huge deal, especially if you're an older guy women don't care. Luckily I'll never go bald. I have too much thick hair as it is.

Even down here in old people's paradise of the West Coast of FL I see many HB7 on up women with guys who are fat, uglier than them, balding, looking rough etc.

Again, especially over 35 I think appearance means less with women. Like today at the mall I saw a young lady, maybe mid 20s with a guy in his late 20s. She was probably 7.5, the guy was skinny, tats on his arm, tank top and didn't look in the same league as her as she was good looking and dressed nice while he looked trashy. In fact I see that a lot down here. Decent looking women with trashy looking men who look like wiggers or white trash.
 

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
Hair is changeable. I pulled more ass when I shaved my head bald.

Height is definitely a limiting factor but it depends on the social context. Height is important in the club / bar scene but not in other metrics like speed dating or social networks.

For online dating, the way around height is to lie.

-If you’re 5’7 or shorter, you are 5’9 on your profile.
-if you’re 5’8-5’10, add 2 inches to your height
-if you are 5’11, use 6’
-if you are taller than 6’3, use 6’3.

If you’re blessed enough to be 6’0-6’3, your honest height will suffice.
Yea, but I think you typed in another thread that you like the tons of fun types of girls. Not really my cup of tea.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
In all honesty and kidding aside, in OLD is the luck of the draw some times. However, there are a few things a dude can do to get noticed. @Amante Silvestre posted a good, short, but sweet description he used to use. Dudes should search for the thread and modify it to their person. Dress nice, eat right, be active are all the main keys. It also depends on your age range. I think, a dude should have their own pad, a decent job and their financial sh it in order. As for pics, they should be showing you doing sh it. Even if you are not that active, take some pics with you and other people doing cool activities.

As for clothes, these days, you do not have to spend much to look good. TBH, a dude can by some Amazon Essentials clothing and look decent. Lucky Brand, 7, and Brooks Brothers are a step up, but not really necessary.

It seems this topic is posted weekly these days.
 

biggoal

Banned
Joined
Jul 19, 2019
Messages
3,638
Reaction score
780
Age
42
In all honesty and kidding aside, in OLD is the luck of the draw some times. However, there are a few things a dude can do to get noticed. @Amante Silvestre posted a good, short, but sweet description he used to use. Dudes should search for the thread and modify it to their person. Dress nice, eat right, be active are all the main keys. It also depends on your age range. I think, a dude should have their own pad, a decent job and their financial sh it in order. As for pics, they should be showing you doing sh it. Even if you are not that active, take some pics with you and other people doing cool activities.

As for clothes, these days, you do not have to spend much to look good. TBH, a dude can by some Amazon Essentials clothing and look decent. Lucky Brand, 7, and Brooks Brothers are a step up, but not really necessary.

It seems this topic is posted weekly these days.
Someone in another thread suggested to hire some escorts to do some stuff with to make it look like you're in demand socially with women or even photoshop yourself into photos around cute girls or at events with rich people.

Age matters too. These women 35 on up are more hung up on careers if you read their profiles they point it out. Even when messaging they will ask what you do for a living right off the bat.

This is why I fudge my small business up on my profile to make me sound like I'm more wealthy and it seemed to increase my reply rate.
 

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
Someone in another thread suggested to hire some escorts to do some stuff with to make it look like you're in demand socially with women or even photoshop yourself into photos around cute girls or at events with rich people.

Age matters too. These women 35 on up are more hung up on careers if you read their profiles they point it out. Even when messaging they will ask what you do for a living right off the bat.

This is why I fudge my small business up on my profile to make me sound like I'm more wealthy and it seemed to increase my reply rate.
If you are on OLD, how would they know? Why not just go to a Meetup or dance club go and dance with the ladies and have a friend take some pics for you? Total cost: gas, some liquid courage and an entry fee. A hooker, STDs and a lot of $$$ for the same effect.
 

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 12, 2017
Messages
1,907
Reaction score
2,437
6.) You are below 5’8. I’m sorry. There is a large female population who just isnt going to date you. It sucks, being under 5’8 doesn’t make you less of a man. The strongest kid I know is a 5’5 ex college wrestler. He would slam any 6’2 guy on his neck and ground and pound him till he is in a coma. But it’s just the reality of the dating game.

7.) You are anything other than black or white. It is what it is man, the number one sought after man is white. Even me as a black guy have accepted there is a good amount of women who wouldn’t date me, no matter what I say.. Brown/Asian/Dark Latinos are going to have an even larger segment of the population who just won’t date you. I apologize, is what it is.
The heightpill and the racepill are undeniable, I fear......

....only 6'+ Chad and Tyrone will score the hotties...

Amongst Latino guys, only the euro-looking Latino guys are slayers, the ones that are darker and more native looking dont do well.....

Asian men....well, game over man, game over.....
 

biggoal

Banned
Joined
Jul 19, 2019
Messages
3,638
Reaction score
780
Age
42
If you are on OLD, how would they know? Why not just go to a Meetup or dance club go and dance with the ladies and have a friend take some pics for you? Total cost: gas, some liquid courage and an entry fee. A hooker, STDs and a lot of $$$ for the same effect.
The Meetup events in this area when I looked online and the meetup members profiles who attend them, well most of them looked like men and ladies who are at least 60 years of age. Even I won't touch 60 year olds man. Wouldn't that look bad dancing with a bunch of 65 year old hags at a meetup event?

Is there a website like meetup that caters to 18 to 23 year olds like this?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top