Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"The Hangover" Could Never Happen in Real Life

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"The Hangover" has plot lines that are faulty and do not resemble what typically happens with weddings and bachelor parties.

According to the plot of the movie, 4 men (one of whom is the bachelor getting married) are Los Angeles residents going to Las Vegas for a Friday night bachelor party and returning to Los Angeles Sunday for a wedding.

Here are some problems with that and other problems with the movie. This is a non-exhaustive list.

1. Most big weddings are on Saturday afternoons and not Sundays. It's not all that weird to see a Sunday wedding but all of the weddings that happened in the last 10 years in my social circle happened on a Saturday. The only Mon-Fri type weddings are weddings when people elope to Hawaii and don't have their families and social present.

2. No one times their bachelor party on the same weekend as the wedding. Destination bachelor parties, like Las Vegas, would be at least 3 weekends in advance of a wedding. The closest bachelor party to a wedding date I saw in my social circle was the weekend before and it was a serene bachelor party. It was a Friday night dinner that preceded a Saturday wedding by 8 days. Every other bachelor party in my social circle was between 3-10 weeks in advance of the wedding date. The bachelorette parties follow the same timeline ahead of the wedding.

3. If you were able to steal a tiger from a celebrity's home during a bachelor party (which is highly unlikely), there's no way that you could transport it to an upper level villa in Caesar's Palace without anything noticing it.

4. You are not likely to steal a police car during your bachelor party.

5. Near the end of the movie, the 4 men return from Las Vegas to Los Angeles in 3.5 hours to get to the wedding on time. There's no way that you could make that time from Los Angeles to Las Vegas on a Sunday afternoon. The only way you could drive from Las Vegas to some point in Los Angeles in 3.5 hours is if you left Las Vegas between 2:30 AM-3:30 AM on Saturday/Sunday morning and didn't hit any traffic. That's usually a 4 hour road trip under near ideal circumstances. No one has a wedding that starts at 6:30 AM-7:30 AM on a Sunday morning.

It is an entertaining movie but not realistic.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Could you really marry a stripper though? Those all night wedding chapels have always had me curious.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Could you really marry a stripper though? Those all night wedding chapels have always had me curious.
That part could happen though it is improbable. I can't imagine an instanteous wedding between a stripper and some random guy.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"The Hangover" has plot lines that are faulty and do not resemble what typically happens with weddings and bachelor parties.

According to the plot of the movie, 4 men (one of whom is the bachelor getting married) are Los Angeles residents going to Las Vegas for a Friday night bachelor party and returning to Los Angeles Sunday for a wedding.

Here are some problems with that and other problems with the movie. This is a non-exhaustive list.

1. Most big weddings are on Saturday afternoons and not Sundays. It's not all that weird to see a Sunday wedding but all of the weddings that happened in the last 10 years in my social circle happened on a Saturday. The only Mon-Fri type weddings are weddings when people elope to Hawaii and don't have their families and social present.

2. No one times their bachelor party on the same weekend as the wedding. Destination bachelor parties, like Las Vegas, would be at least 3 weekends in advance of a wedding. The closest bachelor party to a wedding date I saw in my social circle was the weekend before and it was a serene bachelor party. It was a Friday night dinner that preceded a Saturday wedding by 8 days. Every other bachelor party in my social circle was between 3-10 weeks in advance of the wedding date. The bachelorette parties follow the same timeline ahead of the wedding.

3. If you were able to steal a tiger from a celebrity's home during a bachelor party (which is highly unlikely), there's no way that you could transport it to an upper level villa in Caesar's Palace without anything noticing it.

4. You are not likely to steal a police car during your bachelor party.

5. Near the end of the movie, the 4 men return from Las Vegas to Los Angeles in 3.5 hours to get to the wedding on time. There's no way that you could make that time from Los Angeles to Las Vegas on a Sunday afternoon. The only way you could drive from Las Vegas to some point in Los Angeles in 3.5 hours is if you left Las Vegas between 2:30 AM-3:30 AM on Saturday/Sunday morning and didn't hit any traffic. That's usually a 4 hour road trip under near ideal circumstances. No one has a wedding that starts at 6:30 AM-7:30 AM on a Sunday morning.

It is an entertaining movie but not realistic.
I did not find the movie funny at all, highly overrated. The humor was too cliche and predictable and Ken Jeong is NOT funny at all!

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How about the Bitchy Bossy Skank girlfriend of the guy that pulled his tooth out?

OP, what's your take on Nacho Lebre? And Sister Carnachione?