Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Great Irony of the SMV theory

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lexington said:
In the end, does it really matter? In the vast majority of cases, a woman is attracted to a man for what he is and not for who he is. If I'm getting what I want/need from a woman, whether or not I'm "that guy" is irrelevant.
I don't know, there's an awful lot of emphasis on being the alpha around here. Maybe it's just a PUA fantasy for most.

By the way, just out of curiousity I googled Danny DeVito. Apparently he's been with Rhea Perlman (Carla from Cheers) since the early 70s, and married since 1982. Although there are reports of him straying from time to time, and they've had their ins and outs.

potato

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Part of the problem that seems to be missed in the discussion is that picking up chicks, especially past 30 isn’t very effective, even for really attractive guys.

It seems to me that I got as many women in my 40’s as I did in my 20’s and it’s not that I don’t still attract women in their 20’s at age 54. I never come on to women as much as I’ll flirt and be friendly yet not hit on them but rather tease them into coming onto me.

Recently I was with this woman, who is about 40. As we talked she made mention of the fact that guys were always hitting on her. She didn’t like the fact that some guy would approach her when it was obvious to her that he was after sex, blah, blah, blah… Actually it was sex that I was after but I didn’t tell her that. I just talked to her as if we were just friends. Funny though, once she got comfortable with me, the hugs, the body grinds, the kisses all let me know that sex was, after all, what was on her mind.

It gave her, I suppose, the feeling that she was choosing me but I wouldn’t have stayed and talked to her if I hadn’t already chosen her.

I’ve never been into bars and clubs. Actually I don’t much like alcohol. Think is though that most women don’t spend a lot of time in bars and clubs. I meet them everywhere I go doing everything I do. They are everywhere. The trick, if that is what it is, is to make it not so obvious what you’re up to.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BB, your friends need to change their attitudes.
It's self-defeating. If they are "average", then why not welcome them into the world of the not so average?

I'm about to turn 33 and have gotten more tail in my 30's than I got in my whole 20's combined. The venues changed, and it actually became an advantage for me. I live in a great area now of 20's and 30's people so the crowd is the same even if the ages aren't.

But to sit their and analyze their situation is dire and to say they are "creeps"... then it obviously mean that they haven't broadened their venues enough.

About SMV... I think it's a case by case basis and you really can't generalize like that anymore. I went out with a 37 year old woman who looks amazing... like in her 20's, but if I went by SMV theory... she's a decrepit old hag and that's not the case. And she isn't the exception either. I know a lot of women like this and have had no trouble with them, but it's because I've held my SMV at a higher esteem.

Regardless, technology and medicine in general have helped their cause tremendously.

Bread Cutter

Reaction score
I did not read all the responses in the thread, but IMHO being in your early 30's is not a problem when looking to game girls in there early 20's. Up until 34 there is no barrier. I would say once you hit about 35 it's going to be a little harder to game younger woman.

Say for instance if me and 3 of my 37 year old friends are getting gas at a gas station and 4 23 year old HBO 10's pull up next to us, I think they would be more receptive to us if we were all 27 with all things being equal.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Bread Cutter said:
I did not read all the responses in the thread, but IMHO being in your early 30's is not a problem when looking to game girls in there early 20's. Up until 34 there is no barrier. I would say once you hit about 35 it's going to be a little harder to game younger woman.

Say for instance if me and 3 of my 37 year old friends are getting gas at a gas station and 4 23 year old HBO 10's pull up next to us, I think they would be more receptive to us if we were all 27 with all things being equal.
I'll agree with this. Nobody is saying the bottom falls out at exactly 30. Many guys, including myself, did BEST at an age of low 30s. But when you start to look 35ish or older, it can be tougher to succeed with younger women. You might have to raise your targets' age a bit.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just run your game and let the chips fall where they may.

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Xxx

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
something funny happened to me yesterday

there is this cutie pie at my gym that works there named McKenzie. she's as sweet as a button, very nice, very foksy, about my height (5'8), skinny, petite, very nice legs, very cute. not "hot" in the sense that oh she's the type of chick you would bang a a club but she's the type of chick you look at and think "that's wife material" right there. and she's not a **** or stuck up.

so we have this rapport going obn. nothing sexual or antyhing but we are cool. we chat each other up, talk about ****, her school (She's a junior she's 20), my work. she gave me some advice to try a new exercise machine for cardio, i tell her tv shows she needs to atch **** like that.

anyway yesterday i go to the gym and she's there just playing around lifting weights. she was off work and she said "i'm waiting on my boyfriend to come pick me up".

I"m like okay, in the back of my mind i'm very interseted to see what his girls BF looks like. this girl is a catch. I'm interested to see what type of super alpha male dude picked this chick up

so this ****ing dweeb comes through the door and i'm like really lol? I'm like bro do you even lift lol? which it's clear he doesn't. I mean he's just a normal looking college white dude lol. not ugly. not hot. nothing to write home about.

you would think by reading this forum that all the cute chicks are being slain by 6'1 210 pound rock hard alpha males with a Cerberus-esque 3 headed 14 inch **** handing from their crotch.

I think in general this forum places WAY, WAY too much emphasis on looks. the girl is a catch but i dated girls hotter than this chick BEFORE i came here as a teenager. so what that she's hot. she's still a girl.

I Mean, i wanted to say you could do better than that, but could she? i mean besides being pretty cute, she's a pretty freaking normal girl.

I think the biggest hting i'm trying to say is that, just get out there and play the game and see what happens. i bet this dude could give 2 ****s about her being the girl that works at the gym or how alpha he is or if him picking her up from the gym is a beta move, etc. just play the game and see what happens. get out, do some ****. meet some people.

I felt the need to respond to this post because it hits home so hard. I used to be on this board a while ago, but stopped because I had too much going on. What backbreaker is describing is what happens with most young girls who just have "some guy" they are seeing. The idea that someone who goes from their 20s to their 30s and does not have any sexual market value for some reason is not right.

I started reading this forum from the middle of my 20s on. I decided to change myself and become one of the "high value males" that people on here always talk about. One thing I had going for me is that I am a bigger guy and I am 6'2. So, I did some roids and went to the gym, became and exec, bought a Lexus and now I'm a way different person. Now, you might be thinking that I was swimming in vag during my 30s...well, I was, but it was not what you might guess.

You see, when you become a high value male, it is assumed by a certain type of woman that they are supposed to cheat on their boyfriends with you. Now which type of boyfriends do you suppose they "chose"? They choose the good natured, normal, average guys (some who would be PUA's) and make it a point to get your phone number in front of their BF's. For a couple years, every single girl I would "go on a date with" had a boyfriend at the time. This meant that they would fully expect that by going anywhere with me that they were going to get laid. Then, most of them would have their BF's pick them up from my house in the morning.

The strange thing was that not a single guy ever, EVER said anything to me about it. It was as if they were just happy that they could sit next to a hot girl and introduce her to their parents or something. But, there were 2 things that contributed to my success that nobody on this site seems to talk about specifically.

1: Where you live: I made the career mistake to accept a bunch of money and move from a city where there was a very, very high female to male ratio (Sacramento) and go to a city that is almost all guys and a few ugly chics (San Jose). I hate it here and notice that girls have no competition and think that because they own a vag, you should notice them and talk to them. I have actually had to say "Stop talking to me" when I have been out before because I couldn't get these ugly chics to stop hitting on me. It was as if they believed that they were entitled to absolutely everything all the time. I call these women "I already have that" women. They believe that whatever they have isn't good enough just because they already have it. Millionaire?--not good enough, the man has to be a billionaire, or a trillionaire if he has made it that far. Just imagine something, anything, and then imagine a woman not being satisfied with it. That is the culture in San Jose due to nothing else other than the fact that there are %20 women and %80 men. Compare that with Sacramento, where there are %70 women...and they have to be attractive to even be let into some bars, I personally know bouncers who are instructed to reject fat chics because it lowers the alcohol sales. I have never seen such a striking difference between 2 cities in my whole life. Also, if you talk to a girl about Sacramento, she hates it with a passion and conversely in San Jose, they just love that place! Wonder why.

2: What you do when you turn 30: This subject is not often mentioned and I can't figure out why. I have noticed that when you are 30 and a high value male, you are supposed to do things that 20 year old men CANNOT DO, so that you don't have to worry about them competing with you. These are things like owning a Skiboat or yacht, outdoor festivals, Burning man, Wine tasting in a limo, Skiing weekends, Private plane, Air bnb weekends in palm springs etc. As an older male, you basically filter out all the competition and just invite these young girls to go with you because there is no chance that they will say "I would rather go to a bar this weekend". When I was single and just entering my 30s, this worked EVERY time. I would also tell the girls that they had to bring "fun" girlfriends -- [fyi, "fun" in California means hot] and they would be excited to come out with me.

What I am trying to say is that I just don't understand why men in their 30s continue with this PUA crap the same way they did in their 20s. And lets not forget where you live matters more than anything else on this forum. If there literally are no cute girls, how will you pick them up? I've been in san jose for 3 years and have not seen a single cute girl from here. Thats fine with me since I kept my other house in Sacramento and visit often, but its so depressing to see dozens of guys performing PUA gimmicks on the same 2 fat girls in a bar in San Jose. Then, those 2 hogs come to talk to me and im like:trouble: "you are not attractive, you have no chance with me, please die"

And lets not talk about what happens when men in their 30s are in New York city... that is just ridiculous! I remember sitting at a bar noticing how so many women were desperate to get a BF that they had their own female version of pua A cute girl sits next to you and grills you with about 20 standard questions while looking at your ring finger and then asks YOU out. Again, this is purely about where I was. I am the same guy in SJ and NYC, but the results are incredibly different.