"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

The feeling of awkwardness

That_Guy49

Don Juan
Joined
May 13, 2003
Messages
168
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
the yawning pits of hell
Is it normal for a a guy trying to get better with the ladies to feel awkward in various situations involving women?

Should I just ignore it or is my gut telling me warning me of possible humiliation?
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Dapper Don

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 1, 2004
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
North Carolina
Now I don't presume to know what I'm talking about, being a fellow beginner, but my take on it is that you just go ahead and do the stuff that makes you feel awkward, and eventually you become good enough for there to be no awkwardness, or eventually you find out that there was never any awkwardness, and you just needed more self-assurance.

Practice. Or something.
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by That_Guy49
Is it normal for a a guy trying to get better with the ladies to feel awkward in various situations involving women?

Should I just ignore it or is my gut telling me warning me of possible humiliation?
Simple answer yes.

Your body is giving you several signals.

The first is fear, more specifically the fear of rejection.

The next is anxiety, what happens if she says yes? Will I know what to say?

The final feeling is excitement. What could this lead to? Is she the one, etc etc.

What you need to do is not simply ignore the emotion but learn to embrace them and use them to your advantage.

I've been doing this for two years and i am very comfortable with talking to woman, its become second nature. However, there are certain situations where i feel anxious and a little awkward, such as if i screw up, if its more than 2 ladies. But thats why i do it. I know that i need to learn how to recover from a situation, and how to work on groups of chicks.

We all got/get intimidated, you just need to learn to understand it, and use it. The best way to do this is, practice, practice, practice.

Eventually you learn how to use your excitement as a way to show interest, your anxiety can be controlled to show a sense of calmness with the situation, and your fear as a sign of your strength.

Just keep up the work.
 
Top