Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The "f@ggot" American dialect

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Older people don't seem to have this "dialect", but I've noticed that quite a few younger ones seem to. It's the intonation, which makes them sound kinda dumb/vapid and constantly insecure, and they use "like" constantly. In short, it sounds like a f@ggot speaking.

Is this actually some geographical dialect? is it a sociolect? or is there something in the water or something that makes people speak this way?

logicallefty

Reaction score
lol

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone that has shown any propensity towards faggottry in any threads should be banned permanently.

No exceptions.

No mercy.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a transitional accent and way of inflecting between the genders. Its purpose is to not appear too "offensively" masculine.

I would liken it to the "Transatlantic" accent that was popular in movies and music in the 20s and 30s. Back then, the media developed this accent that was a cross between American and British in order to appeal to both areas. A dropping of "R's", a deliberate "T" sound for T's instead of the American habit of making "T" sound like "D", and on it goes.

Because men are ashamed of their masculinity, they're like, starting to sound a little more feminine, a little more unsure of themselves, like, you know? [That was an example in case it's not obvious]

Another thing I have noticed recently, at least on YouTube, how more and more men are using the expression "Eeeew!" for gross things. The quintessential female phrase.

Add to that the new tendency for "men" to hold open their mouths when they are getting their picture taken.

It's all a sickening collection of symptoms of today's rampant disease of the mixing of the genders. It is the shaming of men for their masculinity.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have gay friends that are more straight-sounding than some of these straight kids I hear talking nowadays.
And there were lots of guys like that. I had a hard time believing Bob Mould was gay because he just comes across as a regular guy:

Today, I have a difficult time discerning who's gay and who's not. Some guys who I'd swear are into poopy poking are surprisingly straight. Although I feel a bit bad for women with the current selection of men, they're the ones who wanted men to be more "in touch with their emotions".