"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

the ex-boyfriend

phillyb

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
81
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
Gainesville
Ok , here is the deal.....the girl im seeing went over to her ex boyfriends house (which houses like 4 dudes) to retrieve a coffee table, which shes giving to me.I HAD No problem with this at all on my end, i was totally comfortable. HOWEVER, she then tells me that she feels the need to go over there at least "every six months" just to keep up good relations with the household, since they used to hang out etc etc......blah blah f-king blah!!! I let her know that this is quite weird, and i didnt like that idea. "well i just wont go then, I knew this would be an issue" She says.......YER damn right I say. I then told her that, what if the roles were reversed and i told her of this kind of crap.......she says she would flip out.......Yer damn right I say....but... I told her that I'm not the jealous type and i'm not going to tell her what to do. (i guess she could have not told me squat (especially if there were underlying reasons) about this whole deal.


Well we ended up talking about it more after cooling down and she brought up that it is fun over there, beer pong or some s-it. I dont know,


Am I blowing this outta proportition?......

questions, comments, concerns.....

thanks...
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 15, 2004
Messages
11,680
Reaction score
4,874
I think you handled it quite well. You didn't buy into her bull5hit excuse to "keep good relations with the householder".

Just don't bring this issue back up. It should be settled now.
 

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
2,406
Reaction score
16
Location
Los Angeles
Once every 6 months will turn into 3 months will turn in every month - will turn into a couple times a month - will turn into drinks or dinner once in a while.

Bury it today.
 
Top