Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The basics edition 1: Posture and movement

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello bro's, I want to make a series of threads focusing on basic self development practices
I feel like alot of guys lack the basic tools and as a result they struggle. I find if you have the basics down, the advance stuff will come easier.
Its like basketball, before you can worry about shooting 3s you have to learn a basic lay up. Also some older guys could perhaps brush up on some basic things they've been neglecting. So topic today is

Posture and Movement

I personally feel like this may be one of the most important and least addressed issues.
You can tell alot about a man just by watching the grace in which he carries his weight.
You can easily go up a point in attractiveness just based on your posture and the way you move.
---------
You see a girl across the room. She sees you as well. You are slumped over, shoulders forward, both hands are in your pockets, shirt wrinkled. You have been reading so suave and decide screw it ill just approach. You start walking over. Her and her friends are watching you. In a hurried way you walk over, with your head down. You bump into a bar stool on the way and narrowly miss walking into a guys chest. You get to her and you say Hi. Her and her friends bust out laughing... "Those idiots at sosuave this sh*t doesnt work. I can't wait to get home and make a wall of text thread about how pickup is total bs"
----------
Well sir, hate to break it to you but you disqualified yourself before you even opened your mouth. That akward body language, tripping over stuff.. you look like an imbecile. Of course they laughed at you how can anyone take you serious if you cant even walk across a room correctly. Watch the DJ way..
------
You see her across the room. She sees you. You are standing with your freshly dry cleaned starched shirt. Beer by your side. Other hand dangling freely. You start your walk. Head is high, shoulders back, chest out slightly.. you come across a guy in the way. You tap him, "excuse me sir".. "Oh pardon me bro" he retorts. You continue walking over slowly.. while scanning your surroundings.. you get to her, stand about an arms width apart and say "Hey, I'm Dj"... with a slight smirk. "Hiiii DJ" all her friends say in unison. You acknowledge the group and proceed to lay your game down...
-------
See the difference posture and graceful movements can make for you and your game?

It even goes deeper than women... As a former member of the darkside..
I can tell you first hand, if you are walking confidently, checking your surroundings slowly, head high looking confident overall.. and the guy behind you has his head down, both hands in pockets, tripping over his feet, wrinkled shirt.. i want the easy target.
A robber will wait till you pass and attack the akward guy. He cant even walk how can he defend himself?
So your posture can actually save your life!

So in closing a few quick tips

Head always high
.. Never look down unless you drop something or tie your shoe. Psychology also shows people who have their head high are more optimistic and generally in a better mood.

Shoulders back

Relax your shoulders let them lay back. I once read a good way to do this is to imagine there is an invisible string tied on your d*ck pulling you like a leash. Imagine the way your shoulders would lay back in that situation thats how you want to walk.

Hands out your pockets!

Your keys are there. They havent gone anywhere. Keep your hands out your pockets unless its cold and you forgot your gloves..
it just says I'm nervous as hell.
Sometimes you can pull off 1 hand in 1 pocket with the thumb hanging out. Ive read in a body language book that unlike both hands in pockets this conveys confidence.
if you need something to do with your hands, take your thumb and place it inbetween your 4 fingers. This will help kill the urge to do something with your hands.

Move slower

Nothing says I'm confident in myself than moving slow. Im not in a rush, because Im on my own time and dont have to be. Try to move as gracefully as possible. Pretend you are a model on the runway. Look up on youtube male runway models and watch how they move. Its not lazy slow but its very non rushed as well. So please just take your time.

Cola super tip **

If you ever are walking and a crowd or group is walking towards you, literally look over there shoulders at your destination. They will literally part like the red sea for you and create a walking path.
try it, works every time! Super smooth.

Thanks for reading. I hope I helped someone and as always input and critiques are welcomed.
Look out for the basics edition 2.
Peace bros

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Terrific thread +1. I actually made tons of threads like these in the past, even with the same tips lol. But shít that's actually beneficial to the community gets no love. You gotta be whining about your love life or posting about how inherently evil women are.

I'm definetly looking foward to the next one. Don't be discouraged.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I typically will not move out of the way when I am walking. I will simply stop and let the other person move, then I will continue on. Yeah it seems petty and dumb, but its a mindset and that mindset extends to all areas...

Reaction score
punks, normally blacks, try this crap all the time in prison, walking on the wrong side of the sidewalk. I'd be on the balls of my feet, ready for whatever and plow right on the way I was. They ALWAYS stepped aside at the last fraction of a second. I'd keep an eye over my shoulder and/or listen for fast steps for a bit aftewards, in case I had to break somebody's ribs with a sidekick. Never did, tho.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Great stuff. I've been focusing more on posture lately. My dance teacher keeps telling me to lift from the sternum (which will do pretty much the same thing). Looking in a mirror, the difference is like night and day.

I also like the "look over their shoulders" thing the OP mentioned. When a group or single person is walking towards me, I don't necessarily want to stare at them, but I don't want to look down either. Looking over their shoulders sounds like a good answer to that.

What about eye contact during conversation? I try to keep eye contact most of the time and occasionally break it by looking to the side.

Anyway, I look forward to reading more great stuff here.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post, because in some ways, I think all there really is are the basics. Once you start getting into more advanced, complicated stuff, it becomes more the stuff of opinion, or things that only work in certain situations, for certain people, or may be downright false. But we can all agree that good posture is attractive.