Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Art of Seduction

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm listening to this book (for free on youtube, btw) and there's some very interesting topics on how to seduce. However, the depth of explanation is vague at times and hard to relate to. So I figured let's dive a little deeper and think about how this info can be applied to ourselves. I'll just post questions about things I find ambiguous or have thoughts about as I go.

Greene talks about having a hint of an contrasting character trait that lures people in and leaves them wanting to know more about you. The examples he gives are Marilyn Monroe whom has an innocent little girl look but has massive sexual appeal. He gave an example of a guy with a baby face that also seemed to have a dark side about him.

These are extremely examples, in my opinion. So how would an average Joe go about identifying this seductive opposition in themselves? I guess the challenge is first to figure out what's strongest in your personality. But that's not easy given that we're terrible judges of ourselves.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m actually listening to this on Audible as well during my brush time. I wouldn’t worry too much about implementing practically it in day to day life. I heard it’s more of an interesting theory type book.

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is mostly theory but it does have practical application.

The archetypes are the key concept. Understanding how each works is important as is knowing your audience.

The message is knowing how to adjust your game to adapt to the type you are trying to seduce.

Identify how you interact with women and see which archetype fits you the best.

Of course there are parts of each archetype that should be used as part of your personality.

Siren - Being alluring
Rake- Not be apologetic for your behavior
Ideal Lover- Creating the illusion of a love so deep that it is too hard to bare
Dandy- Pushing sexuality boundaries
Natural- Retaining Naïveté
Coquette- Hot/Cold teasing possibility of what could be
Charmer- Playing to the vanity of others.
Charismatic- Inciting others to follow.
Star- Never be boring. Captivate

These are all properties of a DJ. Think of the guys you’ve known who were amazing with women. They had the above traits to varying degrees.

Crown

Don Juan
Reaction score
This book is great, the issue is that most methods are destined to satisfy one desire in your target : being important.
In today's world, girls are boombarded with attention on every social media. While in 17/18th century is was very hard for a girl to met multiple men without being judged and punished by her familly.
Some methods are good like "4th: make them jealous" while others require a lot of time with your target, which is not easy to get since bitc#hes have 10 guys texting them every day.

The other issue I have with this book, is that Greene doesn't take in count people's appearance. At a certain point of the book; he says seduction isn't a matter of appearance meanwhile most of the seductors figuring in the methods were good looking man, like Casanova and Duc de Rechelieu. Greene's message is literally this: use my methods and you will succeed. He doesn't tell people how to reach the mental state of a seductor nor what it takes to become one.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This book is great, the issue is that most methods are destined to satisfy one desire in your target : being important.
In today's world, girls are boombarded with attention on every social media. While in 17/18th century is was very hard for a girl to met multiple men without being judged and punished by her familly.
Some methods are good like "4th: make them jealous" while others require a lot of time with your target, which is not easy to get since bitc#hes have 10 guys texting them every day.

The other issue I have with this book, is that Greene doesn't take in count people's appearance. At a certain point of the book; he says seduction isn't a matter of appearance meanwhile most of the seductors figuring in the methods were good looking man, like Casanova and Duc de Rechelieu. Greene's message is literally this: use my methods and you will succeed. He doesn't tell people how to reach the mental state of a seductor nor what it takes to become one.
Make her jealous does work tho. I saw a AW soaking all the attention in a room. She was fine but a heavyset okay looking girl was taking the attention from her favorite source and she got visibly annoyed like it was bothering her. Women nowdays love ti know ylu have other women and be the top one.

Crown

Don Juan
Reaction score
Make her jealous does work tho. I saw a AW soaking all the attention in a room. She was fine but a heavyset okay looking girl was taking the attention from her favorite source and she got visibly annoyed like it was bothering her. Women nowdays love ti know ylu have other women and be the top one.
This method is what we call today "preselection". Women love what other womens have.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They LOVE to STEAL a man from another woman. Thats why its wise for a real player to have a LTR GF or someone who appears as the GF.
Give her stories, past times. Perhaps your ex playboy gf who you weren't feeling, or the entourage of Instagram women waiting in line for a date ... oh "poor you." Of course these stories are brought covertly, in passing and relevant to convo as you open up her past, not dropped with overt purpose.

I get DHV'ed all the time by women; I hear for example about her ex professional baseball player bf, or some pseudo celebrities pursuing her. These are the stories dropped out of the sky by 9s--who by "appearances" are gaming hard.

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So would you say this book is a waste of time to read if it’s not showing ways to actually implement in to daily interactions?
Better for the reading to obtain simple insights?

Give her stories, past times. Perhaps your ex playboy gf who you weren't feeling, or the entourage of Instagram women waiting in line for a date ... oh "poor you." Of course these stories are brought covertly, in passing and relevant to convo as you open up her past, not dropped with overt purpose.

I get DHV'ed all the time by women; I hear for example about her ex professional baseball player bf, or some pseudo celebrities pursuing her. These are the stories dropped out of the sky by 9s--who by "appearances" are gaming hard.
DHV’d?

So it’s a good sign when a woman drops who she’s dated in the past or has pursuing her?

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So it’s a good sign when a woman drops who she’s dated in the past or has pursuing her?
Generally, no.

Look to the motive. When girls name drop, they are trying to raise their own value. For example, a girl states she dates or dated a pro player is implicitly showing me her demand among the elite. It's an insecurity, as if she has that type of value, why the need to declare it? When they start with that, I reply in like with my own, just to keep their ego in check.

Unfortunately, name dropping is pretty common in those circles of women.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am curious about what describes my personality. It's something I haven't thought about before.

I'm sure the seducers in the book knew these things about themselves to some extent and that benefited them. I'm not saying they found out those things and instantly because the best seducers of all time. Just that knowing might've helped them be calculated when they needed to be?

I do feel the book is a lot of theory. But I'm interested in it because of what it has to offer as far as helping me understand seduction. Does one actively seduce? I eould assume so, but something about actively trying to seduce someone feels unnatural. Maybe because it's not natural to me yet.. rambling.

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Generally, no.

Look to the motive. When girls name drop, they are trying to raise their own value. For example, a girl states she dates or dated a pro player is implicitly showing me her demand among the elite. It's an insecurity, as if she has that type of value, why the need to declare it? When they start with that, I reply in like with my own, just to keep their ego in check.

Unfortunately, name dropping is pretty common in those circles of women.
Interesting. I would think that if a woman is saying how other men find her hot or who she has dated would be her trying to raise her value in the man’s eyes. So therefore she would be seeing him as someone of value

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting. I would think that if a woman is saying how other men find her hot or who she has dated would be her trying to raise her value in the man’s eyes. So therefore she would be seeing him as someone of value
Perhaps, or she could be insecure, egocentric, testing value, or diminishing.

It's rarely done in good taste or deferentially appropriate.

Whatever the reason, my stories will trump hers, so she won't "attempt" again. Consider all behaviors tests as to what you will permit. By hitting hard when required, you are implicitly setting boundaries. Do not be afraid to piss her off when she exhibits behavior not to your liking. In fact, I would recommend it, as the hand that burns at the oven learns the harshest, but learns best.

Magotrox

Don Juan
Reaction score
This book has some good and useful things, but, in the end, when the focus is the woman, everything falls. The focus must be on yourself, being a good fruit, but, also, living your life and your dreams. So the attraction is just a mere consequence of who you are. This is what Pook said, and I believe he's right.

Magotrox

Don Juan
Reaction score
This book has some good and useful things, but, in the end, when the focus is the woman, everything falls. The focus must be on yourself, being a good fruit, but, also, living your life and your dreams. So the attraction is just a mere consequence of who you are. This is what Pook said, and I believe he's right.
I mean:

Low value = scarcity situation: low attraction power, or just attraction of low value mates.

High value = abundance situation: high attraction power and attraction of higher value mates.

Conclusion: rise your own value to have more and better options.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Advice from the old lady:

Enjoy the game. Relish it. Its fun when you are truly outcome independent and just out for a spin socially. I have a well worn copy of Greene's book and this volume in combination with 48 Laws of Power gives you incredible insight into human nature. Over the centuries technology has changed but people have not fundamentally changed. They simply haven't. Nor have interpersonal power dynamics. You see Seduction is merely application of the Laws of Power in a specialized way. There is ALWAYS an underlying power dynamic at work in seduction. That power dynamic is part of what is seductive. Think about that.

So if you absorb the psychology behind the text you'll start to see interpersonal interactions through a more calibrated filter. You'll start to notice ways in which people's interactions follow the theory. Because it isn't theory once you put it into practice. Then it is applied knowledge...and as we know, knowledge is power.

When you look at the archetypes it gives you insight into certain type people's strengths as well as insecurities. A master seducer knows how to flatter the target's vanity and knows when to tweak the target's insecurities because the master seducer is a student of the target's behavior, and the target's behavior reveals things about personality, insecurity, ego and vanity that allow the seducer to tailor the correct approach most likely to win the target. In experienced seducers like Cassanova he was a chameleon. He could affect whatever archtype he needed to in order to appeal to his target. Also he came across as genuine because he was authentically enjoying the seduction. Great players love the game.

Think about Scarcity in 48 Laws of Power. Scarcity is used to increase value. Think about how that is applied through the use of Silence and Distance in an interpersonal interaction for example. Think of "absence makes the heart grow fonder" and so on. That is the power of scarcity. It is why men here are implored to spin plates, specifically to neutralize that power of scarcity. And that is but one example of the applied psychology. So no, it isn't theory. Not if you are in the field in the game it isn't.

I can size up a man within seconds. Often before he opens his mouth to speak. Most men I find pallid and uninteresting no matter how good looking. You see I appreciate a worthy adversary for all seductive environments are adversarial in nature. They have to be to retain sexual tension. But worthy adversaries are hard to come by if you really understand the game. My boyfriend gets "bored" very quickly with women even if they are very pretty/sexy/hot. He's not yet bored with me. Why? I'm unpredictable in a good way. I might be compliant and sweet, or I might create some drama or conflict if that is warranted. I am not "safe" nor am I a doormat, although I am not a b itch to him either. His friends have told me in confidence that I know all his tricks and use them on him, which they find entertaining...and all those things work on him just as they work on the women he seduces (including me). We are worthy adversaries and the dance is more interesting now than it was when we got started. So who is seducing who? Hard to say. It keeps renewing/revolving as the relationship continues and reinvents itself.

But its not the kind of interaction for the low self esteem crowd or the insecure. He thinks he hates drama. He actually craves it. He needs it on a visceral subconscious level. So as his lover I engage his mind in the way he needs. For if I am on his mind I am in his heart and there is no room for another because he won't give another the time required to learn his emotional composition the way I know it, and I knew it almost innately.

Become a student of the game, a student of interpersonal interaction, and a student of applied psychology. You'll be amazed at what you learn about others, and about yourself. And go accumulate experiences. THAT is how best to learn. By doing.

Magotrox

Don Juan
Reaction score
Advice from the old lady:

Enjoy the game. Relish it. Its fun when you are truly outcome independent and just out for a spin socially. I have a well worn copy of Greene's book and this volume in combination with 48 Laws of Power gives you incredible insight into human nature. Over the centuries technology has changed but people have not fundamentally changed. They simply haven't. Nor have interpersonal power dynamics. You see Seduction is merely application of the Laws of Power in a specialized way. There is ALWAYS an underlying power dynamic at work in seduction. That power dynamic is part of what is seductive. Think about that.

So if you absorb the psychology behind the text you'll start to see interpersonal interactions through a more calibrated filter. You'll start to notice ways in which people's interactions follow the theory. Because it isn't theory once you put it into practice. Then it is applied knowledge...and as we know, knowledge is power.

When you look at the archetypes it gives you insight into certain type people's strengths as well as insecurities. A master seducer knows how to flatter the target's vanity and knows when to tweak the target's insecurities because the master seducer is a student of the target's behavior, and the target's behavior reveals things about personality, insecurity, ego and vanity that allow the seducer to tailor the correct approach most likely to win the target. In experienced seducers like Cassanova he was a chameleon. He could affect whatever archtype he needed to in order to appeal to his target. Also he came across as genuine because he was authentically enjoying the seduction. Great players love the game.

Think about Scarcity in 48 Laws of Power. Scarcity is used to increase value. Think about how that is applied through the use of Silence and Distance in an interpersonal interaction for example. Think of "absence makes the heart grow fonder" and so on. That is the power of scarcity. It is why men here are implored to spin plates, specifically to neutralize that power of scarcity. And that is but one example of the applied psychology. So no, it isn't theory. Not if you are in the field in the game it isn't.

I can size up a man within seconds. Often before he opens his mouth to speak. Most men I find pallid and uninteresting no matter how good looking. You see I appreciate a worthy adversary for all seductive environments are adversarial in nature. They have to be to retain sexual tension. But worthy adversaries are hard to come by if you really understand the game. My boyfriend gets "bored" very quickly with women even if they are very pretty/sexy/hot. He's not yet bored with me. Why? I'm unpredictable in a good way. I might be compliant and sweet, or I might create some drama or conflict if that is warranted. I am not "safe" nor am I a doormat, although I am not a b itch to him either. His friends have told me in confidence that I know all his tricks and use them on him, which they find entertaining...and all those things work on him just as they work on the women he seduces (including me). We are worthy adversaries and the dance is more interesting now than it was when we got started. So who is seducing who? Hard to say. It keeps renewing/revolving as the relationship continues and reinvents itself.

But its not the kind of interaction for the low self esteem crowd or the insecure. He thinks he hates drama. He actually craves it. He needs it on a visceral subconscious level. So as his lover I engage his mind in the way he needs. For if I am on his mind I am in his heart and there is no room for another because he won't give another the time required to learn his emotional composition the way I know it, and I knew it almost innately.

Become a student of the game, a student of interpersonal interaction, and a student of applied psychology. You'll be amazed at what you learn about others, and about yourself. And go accumulate experiences. THAT is how best to learn. By doing.
Nice post "old lady". I've being reading your posts for many years (even before I decided to join the forum). It's enriching to have a experient woman's point of view.

Magotrox

Don Juan
Reaction score

Magotrox

Don Juan
Reaction score
The focus must be on yourself, being a good fruit, but, also, living your life and your dreams. So the attraction is just a mere consequence of who you are. This is what Pook said, and I believe he's right.
In fact, Greene teaches this in other words, I don't remember the chapter, but it is in the story about Lou Salomé and Rilke. Rilke was a nice man, but he fell in the moment that he putted more importance in Lou Salomé than in life, in the joy of life, and in himself. She got bored and left him. "Never bore a girl", said the Pook. But there was no Pook at that time, and the poor Rilke crashed and burned. And so was Froid and Nietzsche! As you guys see, we are MUCH more lucky than these guys...

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score