"You Can't Argue a Woman Into Liking You"

You made your case like a lawyer. Stable job. Good guy. Ready for something real. All true. All irrelevant.

She weighed your points, nodded along, felt nothing — then fell hard for some tattooed bartender with a motorcycle and a gambling problem.

Logic is where attraction goes to die. The "22 Rules" work a level deeper, on the subconscious switches that decide within minutes whether you register as a MAN or as part of the furniture.

Stop presenting evidence. Start flipping switches.

Read more...

Text game

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2015
Messages
10,539
Reaction score
8,538
Age
37
Let's say she's down to hangout, should I even give any thought to her latest style of texting?
Nope. Texting doesn’t matter. Don’t set the precedent for it. Make the date, get her to agree (she has to specifically say “yes” to a day, location, and time) then disappear.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 27, 2005
Messages
17,571
Reaction score
6,353
Age
50
Location
midwestern cow field 40
The right answer on how to communicate depends on who you are. Written communication is my strength. It always has been. Texting and old site messaging does not work well for a lot of guys, but it does for me. Rather than think there is one correct method, just play to your strengths and do what works.
 

sazc

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
4,468
Reaction score
3,402
It's hard not to give it thought because it messes with your head, but your goal should be to not give it any thought because there is little you can do about it. You can try to take it as an indicator of interest (or lack of one in this case), but there isn't much you can do but to force her to take action, and to back off a bit yourself. When a girl slows up in her responses to me, I do the same to her, if not even more. My responses to her become increasingly short, and increasingly more time between texts. I won't initiate texts with her any more than once a week and if I feel like she's really lost interest, I won't initiate at all.

I'm actually in that exact situation myself right now. This girl I've been on/off with for almost six months now broke things off with me a couple months ago. We both went no-contact. Then after a month, she reached out to me. I didn't even have to invite her out because she invited me out in her initial text to me. But I did set the specific date/time/place/activity. After that agreement to hang out, we didn't text as often as we used to - maybe once every 3-5 days. After the date, and hooking up, we text even less, but she does initiate and when she does, I invite her out on a date. She always says yes. But these days she is taking 12-24 hours to respond (and by that I mean, even if she initiates text, I may respond in 1 hour or 12, but she never responds faster than 12 anymore). Really nothing you can do about it. If she's losing interest then there is no action you can take to regain her interest other than take away your time and attention to her.

I am curious to hear what @Glassguy and others have to say about this though.
Honestly, she sounds like plate material...
 

sazc

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
4,468
Reaction score
3,402
Guess who's controlling this situation?

(Aka don't do this!!!)

And, tbh, him saying that isn't attractive to me. I'm flattered he thinks I'm sexy, but it makes me wonder how many other girls does he say it too?
 

Attachments

Music_czar

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2018
Messages
237
Reaction score
276
Guess who's controlling this situation?

(Aka don't do this!!!)

And, tbh, him saying that isn't attractive to me. I'm flattered he thinks I'm sexy, but it makes me wonder how many other girls does he say it too?
^ next!

Guy is clearly smooth as sandpaper. Sazc you can do way better than that hopefully you didn’t waste too much time msging
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
4,062
Reaction score
3,617
Age
33
Location
Sweden
The right answer on how to communicate depends on who you are. Written communication is my strength. It always has been. Texting and old site messaging does not work well for a lot of guys, but it does for me. Rather than think there is one correct method, just play to your strengths and do what works.
why do people write with no punctuation don't do that it makes you look dumb who does that
It's incredible how much one can intuit about someone, merely from the way they formulate their writing.
 

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
4,087
Reaction score
1,724
Age
29
Now I feel embarrassed cause me calling that girl cute in her DMs wasn’t that far off from this. At least now I know better
 

sazc

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
4,468
Reaction score
3,402
Now I feel embarrassed cause me calling that girl cute in her DMs wasn’t that far off from this. At least now I know better
She knows you are interested and find her attractive if you are messaging her and trying to engage, there's no need to compliment her further.
 

Murk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
4,359
Reaction score
3,322
Age
37
Location
London
For me text game is an extension of my personality, it helps being witty with great communication skills due to my job.

I don’t subscribe to the only text to set up dates rule, that’s for guys desperate for the lay and trying not to fvck sh1t up because... they lack text game.

I use text to show I’m an intelligent, fun, funny guy who can put anyone at ease and bulldoze through awkwardness.

I’m just myself, I say what comes into my head in real life and text (has got me in trouble multiple times but I’m always myself) no filter, if that means complimenting a broad because I think she’s gorgeous then so be it.
 
Last edited:

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
4,087
Reaction score
1,724
Age
29
For me text game is an extension of my personality, it helps being witty with great communication skills due to my job.

I don’t subscribe to the oy text to set up dates rule, that’s for guys desperate for the lay and trying not to fvck sh1t up because... they lack text game.

I use text to show I’m an intelligent, fun, funny guy who can put anyone at ease and bulldoze through awkwardness.

I’m just myself, I say what comes into Lyn head in real life and text, no filter, if that means implementing a broad because I think she’s gorgeousness then so be it.
I totally agree Murk I like that texting style
 

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2015
Messages
10,539
Reaction score
8,538
Age
37
For me text game is an extension of my personality, it helps being witty with great communication skills due to my job.

I don’t subscribe to the only text to set up dates rule, that’s for guys desperate for the lay and trying not to fvck sh1t up because... they lack text game.

I use text to show I’m an intelligent, fun, funny guy who can put anyone at ease and bulldoze through awkwardness.

I’m just myself, I say what comes into my head in real life and text (has got me in trouble multiple times but I’m always myself) no filter, if that means complimenting a broad because I think she’s gorgeous then so be it.
There is no such thing as text game. You can tell yourself it’s a thing but it doesn’t make it so. If 90% of communication is body language how does text messaging qualify as a good mode of communication?
 

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 5, 2017
Messages
801
Reaction score
890
Age
48
Guess who's controlling this situation?

(Aka don't do this!!!)

And, tbh, him saying that isn't attractive to me. I'm flattered he thinks I'm sexy, but it makes me wonder how many other girls does he say it too?
Sooooo what time did you set up the date for? Lol
 

Murk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
4,359
Reaction score
3,322
Age
37
Location
London
There is no such thing as text game. You can tell yourself it’s a thing but it doesn’t make it so. If 90% of communication is body language how does text messaging qualify as a good mode of communication?
There is bro, I’m seeing a chick tomorrow, Russian 8/10 according to myself work colleagues. She went on a date with a hot guy but said the banter was dead, no fun, no flirting just cut and shut messages with no personality.

IMO text game is not a set of rules or steps you tick off, its the ability to confidently and accurately communicate whatever you desire.

It’s not going to get you the girl, but it can warm her up so sex on the first date is not just a possibility, it’s a 80% probability (in my case).

It all comes down to believing in your self and having confidence, which is my whole approach to women a life, text is no exception.
 

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
953
Reaction score
690
Age
30
Curious what you lot wouldtext in these situations. Generally I'd just text and ask their availability for the weekend then say that I'm going x place at y time. Curious if I should switch it up a bit. Before adopting this approach, I would over think the text and end up saying something goofy.

I'll put what I rate the girl, a brief background, and what I think I would say for the following scenarios.

1) 6.5, met her in the gym and hung out last week. Went to dinner because both of the ice skating places we tried were closed. Went to my place after, hooked up. I realized that I talk a lot, planning to pull back in that regard to maintain mystery. "Hey, doing x this weekend, what's your availability looking like?"

2) 7, matched on bumble. She was curious about my gymnastic rings, I said I could show you some stuff. She was like no I just watch gymnastics. I said don't be skurdd, lemme get your number and we'll 'hang' sometime. Got the #. "Hey, gonna grab the rings and go hiking at x this weekend, think you can keep up?"

3) 9, met her on campus last week.. nothing notable about the conversation. Basic questions like what are you studying, what do you like to do (she said eating, but I'm not doing dinner dates with nonplates). Seemed to have pretty low interest "hey, its so and so we met blat blahblah. I'm going salsa dancing Saturday, you got moves?"
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
953
Reaction score
690
Age
30
Update to 3): saw her in person just now. Brief chat, some jokes n that. Told her I was going dancing this weekend and she should come. She said she couldn't dance. I said neither can I but they have a lesson at the beginning. Probably should've just said you can follow my lead or something. She said maybe... I had to go so I said I'll text you about it. She said okay. I think I should've pressed for a yes or no. Think I'll text her tonight saying something that demands a yes or no.
 
Top