Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Teacher/cop salaries - Wow

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
HUD defined “Low Income Limits” in San Francisco as $82,200 for an individual and $117,400 for a family of four in 2018, based on 80% of the area's median income. However, the federal poverty guidelines in 2018 were only $12,140 for an individual and $25,100 for a family of four.

man’s inflation between 2018 and today is about 13%

What does Cap mean?

Cap.

The median household income in NYC is $67,000 per the 2020 census. $110K poverty line would be about 80% of the population.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
It is not politics. Public sector jobs overall have more rigorous hiring standards.
Yea right.. If you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Respectfully, you have no clue what it's like on the street. Congrats on your success in life, but I deal with a lot of working class and section 8 tenants. Your posts are like from another world in fairytale land. Where did you grow up? Upper East Side?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Respectfully, you don’t read:

They’re bvtching about teacher pay in Florida also, but for the opposite reason. Go look at teacher salaries in the Deep South.
Just stating what's on the site. So, there's the rigorous public sector scrutiny for their employees you were talking about. Top of the can quality.

Here's where @EyeBRollin lives:

1657157197159.png

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I was over on govsalaries.com, and I was curious of what some people made. I was truly amazed at the salaries that these people pull in. The average cop in Bridgeport pulled in nearly 200k. The average salary for a teacher was 108k. It's really out of control what some get paid. If you live in the US, any state, you can see what any government employee is paid. Talk about inflation... When I was growing up, my parents always told me you cannot make anything as a gov't employee. Now, it looks like the tables have finally turned.

Some ex-gf's who are teachers earn more than me (sans real estate rents); and I work in a hospital. I can understand police making a six figure salary. However, I cannot understand how or why a teacher deserves 100k+ a year. Unreal.
Depends what state you live in. Northeast typically have the highest salaries for these employees due to unions still being strong there. Other states not so much. Police often times can work lots of OT at off-duty events like nightclubs or due to shortages.

Southern states tend to pay the lowest, teacher salaries down there are a joke but you also don't need a special degree, they allow anyone with a bachelor's degree to be a teacher and are desperate, but based on what they pay I can see why. Florida is particularly bad.

In NYS for example a teacher has to have their Master's degree within 5 years of being hired and also has to take a certain number of continuing education credits every year to renew their license.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You must be trolling. Teachers deserve every penny they make. They are teaching the future kids that will one day inherit our country. People in education should be paid some of the highest salaries. Could you teach 30 kids that are running wild? I know I couldn't. Let's talk about the real messed up salaries in society. Athletes that literally put a ball in a hoop or throw a ball are paid millions of dollars. That's ridiculous. What about the CEOs that make thousands of times more then the average worker. Literally all they do is cut costs and fire people. Anybody could do that job. If this world was fair then teachers, scientists and astronauts would be getting paid the most.
I think most workers could argue that they should be paid more.

leonnyy

Reaction score
You must be trolling. Teachers deserve every penny they make. They are teaching the future kids that will one day inherit our country. People in education should be paid some of the highest salaries. Could you teach 30 kids that are running wild? I know I couldn't. Let's talk about the real messed up salaries in society. Athletes that literally put a ball in a hoop or throw a ball are paid millions of dollars. That's ridiculous. What about the CEOs that make thousands of times more then the average worker. Literally all they do is cut costs and fire people. Anybody could do that job. If this world was fair then teachers, scientists and astronauts would be getting paid the most.
Agree about the teachers. I have no idea how is it possible to work with a lot of different children every day and teach them something. It was hard for me tobe with one young sister...

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Teachers are net positive for society.
Since they are by far the greatest peddlers of all this woke crap we get assaulted by daily while we're just trying to
live our lives I'd have to say I disagree with that. Look at the assortment of freaks and weirdos the education system
is churning out nowadays. Start your sentence with the word male and you might be getting somewhere. Women
'educate' our children. Let me say that again. Women educate our children. It's no wonder we're in the societal mess
we're in. Men if they have any sense, will run not walk away from any ideas of being a teacher. I did.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since they are by far the greatest peddlers of all this woke crap we get assaulted by daily while we're just trying to
live our lives I'd have to say I disagree with that. Look at the assortment of freaks and weirdos the education system
is churning out nowadays. Start your sentence with the word male and you might be getting somewhere. Women
'educate' our children. Let me say that again. Women educate our children. It's no wonder we're in the societal mess
we're in. Men if they have any sense, will run not walk away from any ideas of being a teacher. I did.
Oh, right. It’s better if we have no education system. Uh huh.