Taylor Swift blowback due to ‘weird, lonely, insecure men’

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree politics is boring.

The best advice I can give to any man is to NEVER allow anyone or anything to emotionally manipulate them. Evaluate everything from a rational perspective. A man cannot help feel the way he feels, it's human nature. But he can control what he does about it.... and that action has to come with a rational evaluation of objective fact. Emotional decision making frequently leads to stupid results.

To me I find the emotional fanatic devotion Swift's fans have for her just as puzzling as those that hate her. She's a singer... who when she has a concert is a HUGE economic driver for that area. She is famous, and when she is at a football game, the TV cameras are going to find her... same way when Jack Nicholson is at a Laker's game, or Spike Lee is at a Nicks game. Celebrity worship is not something I ever really understood. They are born, eat, sleep, sh1t, fvck and die.... just like every human being that ever lived. But hey, that's just me... I know lots of people care about celebrities and I'm okay with that... just don't expect me to jump of the Congo line of stupid.
Nicholson or Spike get shown probably once per broadcast for those games. Sometimes not at all. Swift gets shown on probably 90%+ of plays that Kelce makes a catch even if its for minimal yardage. It isn't the same.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
For the record:

During the 2023 AFC Championship game, Taylor Swift was shown on camera for a total of 44 seconds, which accounted for .39 percent of the total telecast time. [Source]

Consider her advertising - did you mind the 3-5 minutes of corporate adverts during the game? She is simply another advert.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro who fvcking cares.

No one will be talking about this anymore in 2 weeks.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of what you say. However, I don't think it has all that much to do with the "conservative right" so much as it is just flat out annoying. Swift is an annoyance generally speaking. Watching an NFL game is an escape for most of us from the general grind of day to day sh1t. We don't want to see Swift - we are watching the NFL game to watch football. Not hear about some faux relationship between two phony millionaires and basically have the media (including the NFL broadcast) tell us how "wonderful" or "awesome" their relationship is. It isn't that deep.
I find the occasional image on Taylor Swift at a football game significantly less annoying than commercials... or mindless dribble disguised as color commentary by announcers.

I can list a dozen things I find more annoying watching a football game than Taylor Swift.

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it was only that easy. Let the world burn and wait for what grows out of the ashes? :) Its like saying, if you find something wrong with feminism, stop looking for it - "Easy fix". I'm sure a lot of men in the past did just that, and look at our society now. Death by a thousand cuts. Why does it matter that women want to cut their bras? Why does it matter if the major Hollywood studios show strong and independent women in movies more? Why can't we have more scholarships for women... and ONLY for women (not for men)? Why NOT make it easier to divorce (and subsequently divorce rape)? Easy fix. If you don't like it, as an individual man, just ignore all of these things esp if it's not currently happening to you.

It's death by a thousand cuts. Taylor swift is not a bad person. Her ideology. What she represents as a whole is a small cut. But with her cut.. the misandrist Hollywood media, the advertisements.. the propaganda against men - especially the average man; these small cuts inflict heavy damage.

The truly easy fix would be to stop ALL of these small cuts as much as we can. Call it out for what it is - misandry. That's the true fix. OR watch the world burn hahahahahah I haven't decide which one is better. Even in this supposedly "mans group forum", we have men thinking these small cuts are ok. Perhaps, we need more pain in the men's area before we have a consensus? Let the world burn some more? Let more men think they are inadequate for just being average; risk for some of them that they commit suicide? Think that they are trash for not being 6 foot, etc... But love women, for just being women even if they are grossly overwieght.. Or love women for being slvts because they were only "finding themselves" and even if they got ran through, so what? No standards at all for women?

Le the world burn? Or just point things out for what it is? I'm not sure :)
Okay. Taylor Swift doesn't bother me and I couldn't care less about her opinions. Feminism doesn't bother me either. I disagree with most of it but I don't live my life constantly bytching about it. It is what it is.

I bolded your words that nailed it. It's not happening to me so there is no reason to worry about it. If and when it does I'll deal with it.

There's a lot of shyt out there I disagree with but I simply don't have time to fix the world, plus I'm not the only one with an opinion. I've got a life to live and TS is not even in the same galaxy as my priority list. Plus I'd rather make the world better by example than try to fix everyone else.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree politics is boring.

The best advice I can give to any man is to NEVER allow anyone or anything to emotionally manipulate them. Evaluate everything from a rational perspective. A man cannot help feel the way he feels, it's human nature. But he can control what he does about it.... and that action has to come with a rational evaluation of objective fact. Emotional decision making frequently leads to stupid results..
I already had an unfavorable opinion of Taylor swift - probably 4 years ago? it was the time she transition from an innocent country music singer playing on her guitar in a simple modest sundress to a raging "independent woman". also, at this time i noticed the body count she was accumalting - its like wow, she's not that innocent, she's bordering on garden hole territory.

I'm actually a fan of country music. I think for most conservatives, they havent really liked Taylor for while. I think some even feel betrayed by her. when Taylor popped onto the country music scene, she was a good alternative choice that parents could send their daughters to... including Christian parents, conservative parents, etc.. now look at her. she is indistinguishable from any other pop star shaking her booty, showing skin, etc. a lot of these parents regret taking their daughters now.

the media making it seem like conservatives are only starting to hate her because of politics, nfl, or whatever; I think is wrong. the media is just trying to get clicks and views.

to be honest, I think I bought a few of her early songs in intunes or something. I use to support her. her songs were catchy and espoused conservative values which weren't very popular in mass media.

Last edited:

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay. Taylor Swift doesn't bother me and I couldn't care less about her opinions. Feminism doesn't bother me either. I disagree with most of it but I don't live my life constantly bytching about it. It is what it is.

I bolded your words that nailed it. It's not happening to me so there is no reason to worry about it. If and when it does I'll deal with it.

There's a lot of shyt out there I disagree with but I simply don't have time to fix the world, plus I'm not the only one with an opinion. I've got a life to live and TS is not even in the same galaxy as my priority list. Plus I'd rather make the world better by example than try to fix everyone else.
yeah, totally agree. works slow today :) I'm wasting time again waiting for my last meeting of the day. :)

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the record:

During the 2023 AFC Championship game, Taylor Swift was shown on camera for a total of 44 seconds, which accounted for .39 percent of the total telecast time. [Source]

Consider her advertising - did you mind the 3-5 minutes of corporate adverts during the game? She is simply another advert.
Better than State Farm. Fun fact, in an NFL game the ball is in play an average of 11 minutes in a game.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s beyond weird. Grown men should be indifferent. She’s a pop star. If you don’t like her music then don’t listen. I can’t name 5 Taylor Swift songs.
surprisingly I think if I sat down and thought about it, I can without googling it. hahhahah mostly her ealier stuff. her new stuff, not really. I have an eclectic taste in music. plus, if you are arround women, they like to play that type of stuff.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just glad my daughter isn't a fan of that greedy swine. Hell, 900-1200€ for a concert ticket? This hypocrite deserves all the flack she gets.
She charges what the market will bear. If idiots are willing to pay $900-$1200 for a concert ticket, why the hell would she charge less? If you were an entertainer and could charge those rates, you'd be doing it too.

The real problem is not Taylor Swift charging exuberant prices for concert tickets but people being stupid enough to pay them. Not to mention, the cult of celebrity worship in general, but that's a separate topic.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you have the total Chad physique, a pretty face is incongruent. :rolleyes:
You seems to be strangely obsessed with Chad physiques lately. You haven't started playing for the other team by any chance?

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
49ers will get clobbered.

And the Taylor Swift backlash is just weird. She’s Travis Kelce’s girlfriend. Nothing to see here.
The media is the one making the big deal of the "reaction" just like they made a big deal of the relationship to begin with.

And the 2019 KC-SF Superbowl was shady, most neutral fans were saying that at the time.

Purdy>Hurts.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With they way the media is treating this, you would almost think that Taylor is somehow related to the Church of Satan's founder's daughter, Zeena Lavey:

The only problem is that, although they have the same body type (fit and slender but with babyfat in the face), Taylor is 6 inches taller than Zeena, 5'11" to 5'5".

Last edited:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She charges what the market will bear. If idiots are willing to pay $900-$1200 for a concert ticket, why the hell would she charge less? If you were an entertainer and could charge those rates, you'd be doing it too.
With most of her fans being underage, that's parents having to bleed for these concert tickets.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With most of her fans being underage, that's parents having to bleed for these concert tickets.
Then blame idiot parents for a) raising idiot kids who like Taylor Swift and b) giving their kids money to buy ridiculously expensive concert tickets. If I asked my parents for $1,000 to buy a concert ticket when I was a teen, they would have just laughed at me.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then blame idiot parents for a) raising idiot kids who like Taylor Swift and b) giving their kids money to buy ridiculously expensive concert tickets. If I asked my parents for $1,000 to buy a concert ticket when I was a teen, they would have just laughed at me.
I raised my daughter properly so she wouldn't fall for commercial mass appeal shyte, but I can still have empathy for the parents who failed at parenthood. :cool: