Taylor Swift blowback due to ‘weird, lonely, insecure men’

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Between riding the c0ck carousel, and making fun of her past partners, she's sometimes a misandrist. She is not a good role model. If you tell me you like Taylor swift, you are telling me you are an idiot WITHOUT telling me you are an idiot. Just like saying you like Barbie the movie.
So what... she isn't a good role model.... neither is Trump.

People complaining that a music artist is a 'bad role model' since a cave man stretched a animal hide over a hollowed-out tree trunk and started hitting it like a drum. At one time Mozart was considered a bad influence because he mixed opera with ballet. Jazz, Swing, Rock.... all these genres were at one time considered dangerous. What we are seeing with Taylor Swift is no difference that what we saw with the Elvis in the 50s or Beatles in the mid-60s.

We advanced primates are a strange species.... we both love and hate change... we also love/hate those we look up to. Love and hate are two sides of the emotional decision-making coin.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what... she isn't a good role model.... neither is Trump.
so you think Taylor swift is ok and you hate trump? need you say more?

I'm pretty sure you probably find nothing wrong in this video also:

Elvis and the rolling stones never made fun of half the population. they were not misandrist either.

gangster rap was once popular... now it's not. so was disco... some things are just bad and will be confined to the trash bin of history.

I think we are done here :)

ps. you actually think Taylor swift is comparable to the beetles and the rolling stones? :) this is like saying the Barbie movie is as good as citizen kane... really? what are you smoking, I would like some.

Last edited:

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Elvis and the rolling stones never made fun of half the population. they were not misandrist either.

gangster rap was once popular... now it's not. so was disco... some things are just bad and will be confined to the trash bin of history.

ps. you actually think Taylor swift is comparable to the beetles and the rolling stones? :) this is like saying the Barbie movie is as good as citizen kane... really? what are you smoking, I would like some.
Calm down bro lol

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Calm down bro lol
I had to listen to my middle age female coworker get all excited about scoring Taylor swift tickets for a concert several MONTHS from now. the only thing I could think of was "what are you? 15 years old?" while keeping a straight face and nodding silently hahahhaha

I'm not sure why I am passionate about this subject. it just seems to me society is not in a good spot. things like Taylor swift only exacerbate it BUT people don't seem to get it. it's like feminism. when it first started I'm sure people were like, "what's the issue? women just want equal rights? why is that so bad?" but ultimately it wasn't about equal rights. same with singers/celebrities like Taylor swift. she just a nice woman. "why is she so bad?"

ohh well, yeah... gotta calm down and let the chips fall as they may :)

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
John Mayer destroyed her, he’s the only one to really bite her back in a way she couldn’t respond to, he wrote a song about her called 21 personalities or something like that, it’s brutal

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Taylor Swift is trash and not good for the world.

One time she gave a 100k bonus to each of her truck drivers.

Imagine throwing money around like that. The power trip. Just change the life of your workers on a whim.

The pleb workers are so happy their rich queen decided to throw them so money.

Imagine being the queen of the western world and you can throw money down to your pleb workers and they will all love you.

Degeneracy at its finest. Taylor Swift is the perfectly example of the degeneracy of the modern world, capitalism, excess, celebrity hype and superficiality.
Imgaine getting a 3% raise at best every year and a bonus of only 1K
Not defending Swift but that there is the reality for most people working in middle management in 2024 currently heck some companies don't even give bonuses out

LTG71

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

A lot of older music was about heart break or ballads expressing an undying love for a woman. Can’t remember too many songs from Elvis or the Rolling Stones outright trashing women. Taylor is the poster child for the modern feminist who lives in cognative dissonance. Spewing misandrist speech while inspiring to achieve the same thing they are complaining about. Can we get Justin Bieber to do a song and video in the same light but flip the gender? Hell no. Women would not stand for their poor behavior being aired for everyone to see.

Justin in turn gets married, has a kid and writes songs praising his wife. Taylor rides the carousel and then complains about her bad choices, lol. Idk, the level of modern misandry is sad. Nobody wins with this type of mindset.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you find something wrong with her, stop finding her. Easy fix.
If it was only that easy. Let the world burn and wait for what grows out of the ashes? :) Its like saying, if you find something wrong with feminism, stop looking for it - "Easy fix". I'm sure a lot of men in the past did just that, and look at our society now. Death by a thousand cuts. Why does it matter that women want to cut their bras? Why does it matter if the major Hollywood studios show strong and independent women in movies more? Why can't we have more scholarships for women... and ONLY for women (not for men)? Why NOT make it easier to divorce (and subsequently divorce rape)? Easy fix. If you don't like it, as an individual man, just ignore all of these things esp if it's not currently happening to you.

It's death by a thousand cuts. Taylor swift is not a bad person. Her ideology. What she represents as a whole is a small cut. But with her cut.. the misandrist Hollywood media, the advertisements.. the propaganda against men - especially the average man; these small cuts inflict heavy damage.

The truly easy fix would be to stop ALL of these small cuts as much as we can. Call it out for what it is - misandry. That's the true fix. OR watch the world burn hahahahahah I haven't decide which one is better. Even in this supposedly "mans group forum", we have men thinking these small cuts are ok. Perhaps, we need more pain in the men's area before we have a consensus? Let the world burn some more? Let more men think they are inadequate for just being average; risk for some of them that they commit suicide? Think that they are trash for not being 6 foot, etc... But love women, for just being women even if they are grossly overwieght.. Or love women for being slvts because they were only "finding themselves" and even if they got ran through, so what? No standards at all for women?

Le the world burn? Or just point things out for what it is? I'm not sure :)

Last edited:

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a guy who worships his guests and provides zero criticism for them, yet will admonish the common man for simply being common.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

You are being controlled by your emotions to the point where you are reading my words and inferring things I have not said.

To be clear... I did not say I hate Trump... I also didn't say I love Taylor Swift. In fact, I think Swift is pedantic and predictable. Absent a couple of her songs, they are all pretty much the same. Trump.... well.... I don't hate him... I feel the same way about him as any other politician or mega church pastor, it is sort of admirable that he is able to generate the kind of loyalty and support that he has.

Let me clarify.... Trump and Swift are the same in that they use emotional manipulation to trigger loyalty. In the purest sense, Trump is a brand: Swift is a brand. They have been able to convince their loyal followers that they ARE the brand. How many times has Trump said, "They are not coming after me, they are coming after you, I am just standing in the way." Swift.... well, what woman has never felt like some man in their life screwed them over... she connects with women on an emotional level based on life experience, her fans internalize her message and music the same way Trump fans internalize their experience with him.

You also missed my point about Elvis and the Rolling Stones. I was comparing the emotional connection artists have with their fans, not the content of their character. Is Swift flawed? Sure she is flawed... was Elvis and Mick Jagger flawed.... yep. Both were drug addicts, Swift was/is not a drug addict... Jagger kicked his habit much to his credit, Elvis was killed by his drug habit.

Mick Jagger had an almost endless stream of women connected to his life. Mick Jagger had 8 children with 5 different women.... Swift OTOH has zero children. If you are suggesting that Swift is a bad role model.... well fine, I am inclined to agree. Mick Jagger is also a bad roll model... as well as Elvis. But this does not change the fact that they have loyal fans.

Finally there are NUMBEROUS female artists who write and perform songs that are WAY MORE misandrist than anything Swift has produced. The Dixie Chicks had a popular song called "Good Bye Earl", where the man was killed. Carrie Underwood wrote and performed "Before He Cheats". Jazmine Sullivan, "Bust Your Windows".... There are literally hundreds of songs like this where women kill, maim and destroy property. Swift has never written a song that promoted bodily or property harm.

So why is Taylor Swift the target of anger from the right? It's simple.... she has influence... the same way Trump has influence and it scares the cr@p out of them.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So why is Taylor Swift the target of anger from the right? It's simple.... she has influence...
And? is it wrong to be angered by a person of influence who is misandrist? I bought the Dixie chick's cd years ago. I threw it away after I found out how hateful they were.

is wrong to not like people who are misandrist just because they have influence? I would think having influence or not, one has a right to reject someone who does not share ones values.

Taylor swift who has lived the independent, c0ck carousel riding, man hating life style of the typical 30 year old woman... well, she doesnt represent a lot of people values.

if the right is angry about her being used as some sort of role model... are they justified? in a time when society is kicking the average man's ball all the time.. denigrating him...calling him a loser, etc... I find the rights behavior acceptable.

when mick jagger was having kids with his misstres and fathering kids. when those other artist were sleeping arround... it did not hurt women in general. women were generally happier back in those days. those singers did not hurt women in general. not contributing to the malise of women.

however, today, Taylor swift and people like her are contributing to the mistreatment of the average man. it's not right and it's only benign if you look at it from a close perspective -each individual instance. but if you step back and look at it as a whole, it's very pernicious. it's down right evil and malicious.

Last edited:
M

member162951

John Mayer wrote the song "Paper Doll" about her, yeah it was pretty brutal. About her being too fragile for an adult relationship and her being 22 girls in one and they each don't know what they're running from. She was 19, he was 32 at the time, but still. Ouch.

Paper doll, come try it on
Step out of that black chiffon
Here's a dress of gold and blue
Sure was fun being good to you
This one we made just for fall
And winter runs a bit too small
This mint green is new for spring
My love didn't cost a thing
You're like twenty-two girls in one
And none of them know what they're runnin' from
Was it just too far to fall?
For a little paper doll

She wrote the song "Dear John" about him.

She's 34 now, hopefully she's matured some since then! :lol:

P.S. Her net worth is 1.1 Billion. Her boyfriend's net worth is 40 million.

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This was refreshing to read.
In every opportunity, we have the option to think or to believe.
Sadly, most people choose the latter.

Swift is a product of our dumb, silly society who wants to make-believe Swift is this innocent and flawless woman who has beaten the misogynists that have always taken advantage of her (brilliant PR move by Swift honestly - her dumb fans buy her old albums in HER version that are identical and make her more money).

First, take off the pounds of makeup she wears and she is probably a HB 6.5/10 who most of us wouldn't consider anything special in the looks department. Secondly, her music is either pretentious or just about breakups and she has limited actual voice ability -- B level artist. Lastly, NFL fans like myself are tired of seeing her not because we are lonely or weird but because we are watching the football game to watch the football game. We don't need to see Swift's reaction every time Travis Kelce catches a 10 yard pass. It is asinine.

Add on top of that that their relationship is so clearly fake and phony and 100% a PR move for both of them. Doesn't stop the media and Swift's dumb fans for thinking it is this great thing. When they break up I am sure Swift will have some mega-hit off of it that we will all be dumber for having heard.

And to the guys in here saying Kelce is a "Chad" -- give me a break. The guy is a phony who sold his soul to Pfizer for what he hopes is an eventual career in Hollywood (also why he is "dating" Swift). That tells you all you need to know about him.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And? is it wrong to be angered by a person of influence who is misandrist? I bought the Dixie chick's cd years ago. I threw it away after I found out how hateful they were.

is wrong to not like people who are misandrist just because they have influence? I would think having influence or not, one has a right to reject someone who does not share ones values.

Taylor swift who has lived the independent, c0ck carousel riding, man hating life style of the typical 30 year old woman... well, she doesnt represent a lot of people values.

if the right is angry about her being used as some sort of role model... are they justified? in a time when society is kicking the average man's ball all the time.. denigrating him...calling him a loser, etc... I find the rights behavior acceptable.

when mick jagger was having kids with his misstres and fathering kids. when those other artist were sleeping arround... it did not hurt women in general. women were generally happier back in those days. those singers did not hurt women in general. not contributing to the malise of women.

however, today, Taylor swift and people like her are contributing to the mistreatment of the average man. it's not right and it's only benign if you look at it from a close perspective -each individual instance. but if you step back and look at it as a whole, it's very pernicious. it's down right evil and malicious.
So we are in agreement. The conservative right is upset with Swift because she has influence while not comporting to what they believe is acceptable behavior for women. Understand this is only emotional manipulation. I know plenty of women who behave in such a way as to be damaging to their long-term well-being and happiness.... but I don't get angry about it... people have the right to live the way they want to live because it is a free country. A woman's decisions only effect the man if he let's it affect him. If you don't like what Taylor Swift represents... fine... don't listen to her music. Don't date women who worship her... Don't like the fact that she is a distraction from the Super Bowl with her current soon to be ex-boyfriend... fine don't watch it. no one says you have to give her any thought what so ever.

Life is too short to go around angry at people who are doing things you don't like.

You are being emotionally manipulated into anger by people who are afraid that Swift's influence will effect the next election... that is it. How do I know... simple... it is a campaign year and Swift has been who she is for over a decade.... and it is only now that people are spun up about her behavior.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So we are in agreement. The conservative right is upset with Swift because she has influence while not comporting to what they believe is acceptable behavior for women.
I agree to the above. as for the election, I really don't care. either trump wins or he doesn't. we either have 4 more years like the previous 4 years, or we get something different.

some people say things have gotten worse with Biden. some people say it's better... or the best with the "mess" that trump left behind. ultimately, people do deserve what they get.

my parents left their country when the communist took over. if the majority of people vote a certain way, nothing can be done. you just have to roll with the punches. now when I visit the country I was born, I'm glad my parents left. it is still poor and still communist... like my parents, I'll be OK - looking back at my choices in my life, apparently I'm not an idiot hahahaha. for the average person, who knows? but in a way they allowed it - with their vote, with their actions or inactions.... soooo whatever..

if society allows stupid shiet... even small ones that seem innocuous, in totality, it could lead to catastrophic events. as an individual, I can only do so much to prevent them. at the end of the day, sometimes its best to anticipate and "go arround" them. for the intelligent person, there is usually another way. for the idiots.... well, sometimes they just don't know when they are being laughed at... not laughed with.

Last edited:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Gentlemen: keep politics out of the thread, per forum rules.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gentlemen: keep politics out of the thread, per forum rules.
I agree politics is boring.

The best advice I can give to any man is to NEVER allow anyone or anything to emotionally manipulate them. Evaluate everything from a rational perspective. A man cannot help feel the way he feels, it's human nature. But he can control what he does about it.... and that action has to come with a rational evaluation of objective fact. Emotional decision making frequently leads to stupid results.

To me I find the emotional fanatic devotion Swift's fans have for her just as puzzling as those that hate her. She's a singer... who when she has a concert is a HUGE economic driver for that area. She is famous, and when she is at a football game, the TV cameras are going to find her... same way when Jack Nicholson is at a Laker's game, or Spike Lee is at a Nicks game. Celebrity worship is not something I ever really understood. They are born, eat, sleep, sh1t, fvck and die.... just like every human being that ever lived. But hey, that's just me... I know lots of people care about celebrities and I'm okay with that... just don't expect me to jump of the Congo line of stupid.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So we are in agreement. The conservative right is upset with Swift because she has influence while not comporting to what they believe is acceptable behavior for women. Understand this is only emotional manipulation. I know plenty of women who behave in such a way as to be damaging to their long-term well-being and happiness.... but I don't get angry about it... people have the right to live the way they want to live because it is a free country. A woman's decisions only effect the man if he let's it affect him. If you don't like what Taylor Swift represents... fine... don't listen to her music. Don't date women who worship her... Don't like the fact that she is a distraction from the Super Bowl with her current soon to be ex-boyfriend... fine don't watch it. no one says you have to give her any thought what so ever.

Life is too short to go around angry at people who are doing things you don't like.

You are being emotionally manipulated into anger by people who are afraid that Swift's influence will effect the next election... that is it. How do I know... simple... it is a campaign year and Swift has been who she is for over a decade.... and it is only now that people are spun up about her behavior.
I agree with a lot of what you say. However, I don't think it has all that much to do with the "conservative right" so much as it is just flat out annoying. Swift is an annoyance generally speaking. Watching an NFL game is an escape for most of us from the general grind of day to day sh1t. We don't want to see Swift - we are watching the NFL game to watch football. Not hear about some faux relationship between two phony millionaires and basically have the media (including the NFL broadcast) tell us how "wonderful" or "awesome" their relationship is. It isn't that deep.