Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Supplements for best results in the gym

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure they are. But in your video, right after the steroid conversation, he explains how it's not all about steroids. My opinion is, they give you an extra edge. It's a part of it if you want to be a champion bodybuilder.

You still have to build the foundation via the training and diet. For most of us, we don't need steroids.
To compete at that level you need it all

Training
Diet
Steroids, growth hormone, insulin etc - walking chemist basically.
Genetics

You don't end on stage in most comps with those physiques by accident.

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You’re good with a daily multivitamin. Otherwise, just eat a balanced diet, without overdoing the protein and without skipping the carbs. You need carbs to train with any intensity. You need to do cardio if you want to get shredded, and you need carbs to do effective cardio.

I used to cycle creatine, it does give you another rep or two before failure, and it does juice your arms up. It also made my face puffy which wasn’t a side effect I was willing to deal with, so I stopped taking it.

My aunt is a doctor and said both protein and creatine supplementation is extremely taxing on the kidneys, so I stopped supplementing for gains. I do take a collagen supplement for my skin, and a daily multi. That’s it. I’m happy with my musculature.

I’ve read that beet juice and baking soda can both boost performance. I haven’t tried it myself, so I can’t confirm.

Reactions: B80

Prettyboymaxxing

Reaction score
Sure they are. But in your video, right after the steroid conversation, he explains how it's not all about steroids. My opinion is, they give you an extra edge. It's a part of it if you want to be a champion bodybuilder.

You still have to build the foundation via the training and diet. For most of us, we don't need steroids.
Watch greg doucette old man

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
glad you posted this i would go with secretagogue-one ive heard more good things about this product than anything on the market from a variety of people google it and you wont regret it.

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Best bang for you buck (and money) would simply be a whey protein you like. Most protein supps these days have plenty of amino acids in them as well. Adding additional BCAAs through supplementation would probably yield negligible results - if any. Creatine is by far the most researched supplement on the market, but some people don't like how they "bloat" on it. However, you could try creatine monohydrate vs. HCL and see which works better for you. A good multivitamin is great to invest in, as long as your diet is in check and you're eating a variety of foods and not just relying on the supplement. There is also a lot of evidence on caffeine (I personally prefer coffee over preworkouts) for increasing neural drive in the gym - leading to increased PRs and strength/power!

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Best bang for you buck (and money) would simply be a whey protein you like. Most protein supps these days have plenty of amino acids in them as well. Adding additional BCAAs through supplementation would probably yield negligible results - if any. Creatine is by far the most researched supplement on the market, but some people don't like how they "bloat" on it. However, you could try creatine monohydrate vs. HCL and see which works better for you. A good multivitamin is great to invest in, as long as your diet is in check and you're eating a variety of foods and not just relying on the supplement. There is also a lot of evidence on caffeine (I personally prefer coffee over preworkouts) for increasing neural drive in the gym - leading to increased PRs and strength/power!
The reason I really stress whey protein too is because it's imperative that you are hitting your recommended daily protein intake to maintain (and obviously build) muscle. If you're not getting AT LEAST 1g/lb of body weight (aim for 1.2-1.6g/lb of bodyweight if you're trying to put on mass depending on your individual genetics) then all of your work in the gym would be minimal!

graves992

Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you sure you need them? Consult your doctor to be sure you need vitamins or supplements. It can be protein, but you can also get everything you need from food if you make the right diet. I use multi-vitamins and protein sometimes.

Midir

Banned
Reaction score
I am just starting to get more into working out on a regular basis. I want to make sure that my results are effective, that’s why it was very important for me to take daily supplements since the beginning of my workout journey. I recently found out on https://skinnyyoked.com/bodybuilding-supplements/elysium-health-review/ about this substance called NAD, which supposedly is essential when working out. Clinical studies have proven that taking particular supplements increases levels of NAD+ in your body by an average of 40%, which show that the supplement actually works at the cellular level. Most of the health benefits of increased NAD+ levels are hardly felt but are nevertheless in maintaining your good health as grow.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
At 37, I'm in excellent shape, but want an edge to get more ripped and add a little more size.

I haven't used supplements for a long time. The big thing and break through back then was creatine. Is that still the best supplements out there? I'm not going to take steroids or anything like that. Are there any other proven supplements for the gym out there that I should know about?

Thanks
GABA and Creatine are 2 of the only ones that consistently show real world study results.

GABA increases GH production by 200-400% when taken 30 minutes prior to exercise and after 8 weeks they found a significant increase in lean muscle in people who took GABA prior to their workouts versus those who didn't. Somewhere in the range of 1KG on average.

Creatine increases strength by about 10% by volumizing the muscles. The more a muscle is volumized the stronger it is. This is why Keto diets leave you weaker in the gym. They devolumize the muscle by removing glycogen.

Other than that there isn't a lot I would put faith in. Most of it is marketing BS with very little real world results to back it up. Might as well flush money down the toilet.

On balance sleeping 8 hours a day will do more for you than any supplement you could take times 50. So before taking supplements, if you aren't sleeping 8 hours a day you are killing your gains due to lowering your Testosterone and increasing Cortisol.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GABA and Creatine are 2 of the only ones that consistently show real world study results.

GABA increases GH production by 200-400% when taken 30 minutes prior to exercise and after 8 weeks they found a significant increase in lean muscle in people who took GABA prior to their workouts versus those who didn't. Somewhere in the range of 1KG on average.

Creatine increases strength by about 10% by volumizing the muscles. The more a muscle is volumized the stronger it is. This is why Keto diets leave you weaker in the gym. They devolumize the muscle by removing glycogen.

Other than that there isn't a lot I would put faith in. Most of it is marketing BS with very little real world results to back it up. Might as well flush money down the toilet.

On balance sleeping 8 hours a day will do more for you than any supplement you could take times 50. So before taking supplements, if you aren't sleeping 8 hours a day you are killing your gains due to lowering your Testosterone and increasing Cortisol.
Can you link those gaba studes you mention, I was under the impression GABA cannot cross the BBB.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Before workout: preworkout, vitamin c and d, fish oil, joint supplement, AAKG
After workout: creatine, LCLT, protein powder

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Can you link those gaba studes you mention, I was under the impression GABA cannot cross the BBB.
Here is an article that talks about the studies and then contains links to the actual studies in question