Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sucralose as a sugar substitute

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Recently discovered these C4 energy drinks and I love them. They taste great, zero calories, zero sugar, and 200mg of caffeine.

I'm a little curious because I started reading the ingredients looking for a downside and saw sucralose as a sugar substitute. I've been told that this stuff isn't easily processed by your body because it isn't recognized, but also seeing more information from people saying that this has been disproven multiple times and is much healthier than standard sugar.

I've tried to ask this on Reddit a few times but it keeps getting moderated for being too specific, basically the mods are a bunch of ****s over there. So I was wondering if any informed individuals could tell me how this substance compares to sugar from a health standpoint, and if they're familiar with the drinks, whether there's any downside to these.

Here's the label:

1623949927466.png

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of my kid's friend's father works at an artificial sweetener company as an engineer. I talked to him and he even cautioned me on using artificial sweeteners and said that he would never take it. Upon doing further research, I've found people that were obese haven't lost any weight from drinking diet drinks with these artificial sweeteners.

Now natural sweetener alternatives like Stevia seem to be a more healthy alternative to sugar.

Me personally, I'd rather go with natural substitutes: Agave, honey, maple syrup, molasses, coconut sugar, stevia, etc.

The biggest thing is to stay away from High Fructose Corn Syrup. That's the worst you can do for your health.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are tons of artificial sweeter. sucralose isn't the best one.

I've been using powered erythritol for a while, but only when I add it myself, not in snacks or drinks.

Two concerns are now much it raises your blood sugar, and how much it increases your appetite.

Even if there's zero calories, if it's too sweet (like sucralose) it will have some effect due to the sweetness that will make you more hungrier.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been using powered erythritol for a while, but only when I add it myself, not in snacks or drinks.
Same here. I use Swerve and Truvia. I add two tbsp to my daily oatmeal, and if I feel like a ****tail, I'll add it to gin and Bubly/Lacroix for a gin and tonic type ****tail.

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Even "natural" sugar is still sugar.Your body dosent know or care that the alt "healthy" sugar you are consuming is vegan and mined by virgin nuns from a cave in the Himalayas...sugar is sugar is sugar and is treated the same way by the liver.Best thing in my view you can do is wean yourself off it,or have in small amounts. same with artifical sweetners.I tell ya,after a while of low/no sugar,everything you had before and thought nothing off tastes super sweet and sickly