Broham
Senior Don Juan
How many of the phone #s you guys get become actual dates? I'd say about 1 out of every 5 I get actually materialize into something. Anyone out there with a > 50% success rate?? Maybe this should be made into a poll??
She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.
You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.
The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.
You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.
And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.
Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.
The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.
Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.
I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.
Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules. Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.
Francisco,It seems like I've been on a rant about this for weeks. Why do guys half step and think that the objective is to get a phone number? A phone number is only worth the paper that it's written on. Ultimately you really want to see her again, so why not cut to the chase? You'll be able to easily determine her IL and save the heartache of wondering why she gave you a number (real or fake) but doesn't want to see you.
No, I can't. It's not any specific thing, it's nothing that I rehearse or commit to memory and that is why it works.Originally posted by Pugsley_f5
Hey Francisco , could you give me an example of the dialogue that you do this this of number asking, could you provide a solid example of how you do this so i can apply it.
That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?
She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."
She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.
I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.
Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.
It's pretty interesting that some guys can make being interested in a woman seem like desperation. I wonder if it's because they're desperate?Originally posted by Surfboard
Francisco,
I've been trying to figure out that same question since I first came to this site many moons ago. I must've preached about this for a couple of years and nobody ever figured out how logical it was.
I finally read a couple of responses on some threads that might explain the way some of the guys think.
1) One guy said it makes you look desperate.
2) The other guy said something about how getting rejected over the phone would be bad enough, but getting rejected face to face would be much worse.
I personally think the second response is how most of these guys feel. Who knows? You could always do a poll question, but I doubt that anybody would respond.
Anyway, someday they'll wake up and understand what you've been trying to tell them.![]()
If thats how you wanna rationalize it then kudos... but nobody whose gotten anywhere doesnt get rejected.Personally, I don't get rejected. I choose not to feel rejected. Trust me, I don't get every woman I approach but I'll tell you that I am never rejected. I don't get rejected because when I make an approach, I am the one doing the choosing. I choose whether to continue talking with a woman or not. If I see that the conversation isn't going quite the way that I like, I end it. No rejection here, I just realize that things won't work out, no big deal.
And those that think the world is full of rejection never get anywhere. If that's all they perceive, that's all they will find, simple as that.Originally posted by FreeStyleZ
If thats how you wanna rationalize it then kudos... but nobody whose gotten anywhere doesnt get rejected.
You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.
And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.
Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.
The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.
Like I said earlier, most women will give their number to anyone (no offense). The problem is that it means next to nothing unless your interactions progress regularly.Originally posted by Tao of Steve
...I almost always get a # when I ask - but few will actually end up going out with me.
even when they do, and even if the kiss and make out, they often flake.
this is so common that I have started to loose the confidence I built by getting so many numbers.
![]()
That's the right attitude to have. There a lot of truth to much of the theories that are out there but I'll let you in on a little secret; the theories that are time frame based can bite you in the ass when there a DJ with another mindset in the background.Originally posted by Broham
...This doesn't mean I'm not willing to reinvent the wheel a little and try different techniques. I usually don't arrange a date the first meeting, so therefore I'm going to try this approach and hopefully the results will be delicious.
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
So my suggestion to everyone is to take what you learn here, adjust it to your style and change things when necessary. Make the skills your own.
Originally posted by Tao of Steve
i started similar posts a while back - check these responses out:
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=57834
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58109
I almost always get a # when I ask - but few will actually end up going out with me.
even when they do, and even if the kiss and make out, they often flake.
this is so common that I have started to loose the confidence I built by getting so many numbers.
![]()
I'm bumping this thread up again because there has been several other threads about failed approaches that were because of not gaining rapport.Originally posted by Broham
I totally agree with you on that. You really have to develop your own style, and that comes with experience. There are so many intangible factors we don't consider and nothing is constant, or set in stone, if you will.
There's also a million different situations (just like there's a million different types of girls) that could occur and one must adjust their game accordingly to that as well.
You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.
Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.
Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.
Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.