Originally posted by eric66
Well it's not my first time (second). Not counting the courses I took in the summer...I have noticed that not many people dress up though, but some do. I've seen girls come to school In some outfits that show so much skin, that it wouldn't have made a difference if they came naked (no joke) =) (I could imagine what they wear at parties
=). I don't live in a dorm I live at home. I just drive to class everyday and so the most of the other students at C.O.B. (College of The Bahamas) so some of us need more than 15 minutes to get ready.
but I guess your right though (about worrying about what people think)...Its just that when I first started I know I was a BIG TIME AFC! I only made like 5 friends since I started going there..I won't even call them friends...there more like aquaintences. Anways after discovering this site I guess I just want to make a big impression this time around to get rid of that shy AFC rep.
Oh and gergory..there not for sale man..sorry.
Ahh, you see, i'm up north. The majority of the school year it's cold here, so jeans and hoodies are alright to wear. For you, I would recommend some mesh shorts (adidas, nike are fashionable, I guess... and pretty cheap) and some regular logo T-Shirts.
I drive to class as well, so I put some effort in my appearance. I usually do my hair up, brush my teeth and such, but I never really dress up. The dressiest I will be during the warmer months is cargo shorts... lol.
Don't worry so much about your clothes... as long as you know you look good, your fine. As a matter of fact, don't worry about anything. Talk to everyone and make friends for christ sake! No one will judge you if you aren't exactly dressed up for class, trust me.
Go check out the college tips thread in the tips section. Got some great advice in there to help you make friends.