Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Stood up

Mbuckets82

Don Juan
Reaction score
Got this girls number, called on a Tuesday to set a date and time. It was agreed. She text me throughout the week, even earlier the day of the date. I text her on my way, she says she didn’t know we set a time and I didn’t talk about it. Was I supposed to? I mean she didn’t bring it up. And I ain’t confirming sh:; because I stand by my word. Am I off base?

Told her let me know when she’s available and deleted her number.
22, no kids.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If there was an agreed upon time, and she no showed, that's a problem.

Did you start the interaction with her in-person or on a swipe app? On a swipe app, there's a weird expected behavior now that you must confirm the date a few hours before it happens. I let the women send that text. Most women over 30 do that now. I find the whole confirming thing bad.

It's best to take communication behind an electronic screen out of the equation as much as possible in the early screen. It leads to a lot misunderstandings.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
If you talk over the phone I would typically also text her after so she has a record of it just in case to avoid any potential of this mishap occurring.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You were right to next her, but rather than "confirming" the date, what I usually do is make last minute changes to the plan "hey lets meet at 9 instead of 8:30" or "hey this place is packed, lets go to x instead."

Last edited:

Mbuckets82

Don Juan
Reaction score
App. And I completely agree. She did counter with another day. I’ll do it and see how it goes.

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We can make up a hundred excuses for this woman but the truth is Low interest on her part. A woman who is into you would not have forgotten or “misunderstood” , even on a first date. Trust me. Never reach out to her again, unless you want orbiter status. Your time is valuable and she wasted it. If she does hit you up, invite her over. Nothing more. Let us know if you ever make it out on that first date. Good luck.

Last edited:

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You were right to next her, but rather than "confirming" the date, what I usually do is make last minute changes to the plan "hey lets meet at 9 instead of 8:30" or "hey this place is packed, lets go to x instead."
Very good idea

Igetit!

Reaction score
To be honest,I personally probably wouldn't have nexted her over this. Not saying I'd constantly be badgering her to go out,just that I wouldn't have thrown in the towel over one minor little incident. But that's just me.

Anyway,something struck me as kinda odd,what you said here......

She text me throughout the week, EVEN EARLIER THE DAY OF THE DATE
You said she texted you THE DAY OF the date. Well what in the world did you two talk about?

Cause you said she didn't mention the date,and since you didn't confirm the date,I guess it's safe to assume you didn't mention the date either.

So if you two didn't talk about the date on the day of the date,what did you two speak about? Cause if I'd been you,I would have been flirting with her,asking her what she was going to wear FOR ME tonight,and telling her what all I had planned.

If you'd done that,then later on had texted her,telling her you were on your way...and THEN she started talking about how she didn't know you two set a time and didn't talk about it,she'd look NUTS. I doubt all that would have happened,though.

And I ain’t confirming sh:; because I stand by my word. Am I off base?
Sir...it's admirable that you're a man of your word,but newflash: Everyone isn't like this.

You may stand by your word,but women stand by their emotions. Which,as you already know,can change at the drop of a hat.

Who knows what was going on in her head,but if you're going to next 22 year olds just because everything didn't go smoothly without a hitch,you're gonna be going through a LOT of women.

Again.....I'm NOT SAYING to hound the girl for a date,only maybe not just give up just because a hiccup occurred. If it happened over and over again,fine.....but not the first time things didn't all go well.

22, no kids.
I guess. I would have just tried to set up another date.

That's just how it is with younger women....you sometime have to go en extra mile to make something happen.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Got this girls number, called on a Tuesday to set a date and time. It was agreed. She text me throughout the week, even earlier the day of the date. I text her on my way, she says she didn’t know we set a time and I didn’t talk about it. Was I supposed to?
Yes. Otherwise she has evidence she is dealing with an idiot.

Men, always call women out on their bs. I’ve called women out on single thing they try to get past me. Some get turned on, some get turned off, but they have to know you weren’t born yesterday.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should have confirmed the date. It would have saved you wasting time and getting stood up. Some women are like children and you have to re-confirm everything in case they forget.

VictorSleazy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Always make direct plans, this included excact time for the date. If she comes with an answer ”That should work” - dont settle with that. Tell her you only make solid plans so you can arrange rest of your life/calender. This just for future. ALWAYS direct plans.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And I ain’t confirming sh:; because I stand by my word. Am I off base?

22, no kids.
The younger they are, the flakier they are for both male and females so females often need reconfirmation as they've been ghosted before most likely. Also never assume just because you or I follow through with our words, that everyone else does. I often find younger guys to be wish washy and often flake last minute, hence the defense from gals.

I always text "on my way" and reconfirm the meeting place, then don't leave until I hear back from her with a confirmation. It saves a lot of time and headaches. It also doesn't devalue you in any way.

Mbuckets82

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well we met for dinner and she came right back to my house. Said It was her period and wouldn’t let me touch it. She’s not what I would pursue if I saw her at a bar. But glad I didn’t put much effort in.