Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Stay Single"

Sting

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JUST ME:
its very very hard to find a chick that works in the relationship or marraige these days...ever notice this guys?

remember they used to say the woman supposedly always tried to keep the relationship together?

women today are soo lazy and very selfish and controlling, in mt opinion and experience..and the older they get(I am 29), the more ****ed up and selfish they get!
Agreed. My experience has been that a woman "works" to get into a relationship, or to stay in one, only if it serves her agenda. If you don't have something she wants anymore, then you don't have her anymore.

------------------
It could happen to you, just like it happened to me, there is simply no immunity, there's no guarantee...

JUST ME

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bump- do not ever let this 1 get lost under all these ****ty newer posts! bible material!!!!!!!!

------------------
"sweetie, youre paying for dinner, right?"

Women avoid, men confront.

Only a REAL MAN admits his mistakes.

RULE#1-A woman knows in the first few minutes if she will sleep with you or not.

RULE#2-Regardless of her intentions, a woman will let you spend your time, money and attention on her.

RULE#3- You can't convince anyone to do anything.You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make 'em drink.

If we all took our OWN advice, we'd be alot smarter.

DJinArizona

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's funny reading this because I've been dating someone for 4 months and pinching myself the whole time because things have been so wonderful. Sure enough, the crap just started. Although I haven't gone out of my way to make conversation with her mom the 2 or 3 times I've met her, I haven't been a jerk to her either. Well over the past few days I've been getting tons of shyt from my girlfriend about how I need to go out of my way to kiss her mom's ass and get along with her. I got off the phone with her a few hours ago and said to myself, "screw this, I want to be single and free again - there's no way around it!"

Then I saw this post and said AMEN!

Or as the new Rush album says, "There is never love without pain."

JUST ME

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
after reading RK TEK'S latest escapade with this screwed up chick(which one ISN'T!?)I thought it would be a good idea to restart this discussion..how can a classic like THIS THREAD get pushed underneath all thses ****ty threads!

Sting

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for bumping.

Until I re-read this thread, I was going to take a break from the board, having become discouraged with the recent spate of garbage posts filled with:

a. Simple questions that could have been answered by extrapolating, even slightly, from the DJ Bible. Every guy going through a problem for the first time thinks his problem is unique, or alternatively, is too lazy to do the work to solve his own problem.

b. Awful grammar, spelling or organization. How can anyone help if you're too lazy to articulate your question?

c. Self-aggrandizement stories of success (e.g., the "Revlon" one made me puke). If you succeeded, you don't need to tell the rest of us about it. You know you succeeded, and you're the only person you need to please.

d. Messiah philosophies where the poster claims to have all of the secrets to success with women. After reading a few of these posts, I'm thoroughly convinced such posters know nothing of any consequence.

e. Imitations of posts by notable early posters (e.g., Pook, BigDon, Anti-Dump, etc...) in an attempt to garner similar "fame" or worship from clueless newbies. Why anyone would want "fame" or worship from an anonymous message board on one of millions of websites on the Internet is beyond me.

I could go on and on, but you get my point.

Rant over.

------------------
It could happen to you, just like it happened to me, there is simply no immunity, there's no guarantee...

JUST ME

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STING...I couldn't agree more! I am thinking of bumping all or most of the good, articulate,thought provoking posts, hopefully putting these garbage-lazy selfish posts to shame.

Not that anyone posting does not have a right to get or ask for advice, BUT the poster should READ the DJ BIBLE FIRST!

STING-you have been here much longer than me, so I can't say I was always here when the "good posters" were here, but I have been here long enough- about a year- to realize this forum is going to the dogs........

------------------
"sweetie, youre paying for dinner, right?"

Women avoid, men confront.

Only a REAL MAN admits his mistakes.

RULE#1-A woman knows in the first few minutes if she will sleep with you or not.

RULE#2-Regardless of her intentions, a woman will let you spend your time, money and attention on her.

RULE#3- You can't convince anyone to do anything.You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make 'em drink.

If we all took our OWN advice, we'd be alot smarter.

Sting

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JUST ME:
STING...I couldn't agree more! I am thinking of bumping all or most of the good, articulate,thought provoking posts, hopefully putting these garbage-lazy selfish posts to shame.

STING-you have been here much longer than me, so I can't say I was always here when the "good posters" were here, but I have been here long enough- about a year- to realize this forum is going to the dogs........

Bumping good quality posts won't do any good. Old timers will have read them, while newbies will see that the postings have 3+ pages of replies, and will therefore: (a) be too lazy to read the entire thread (although they might learn something), or (b) think the topic has been played out (and will again be too lazy to read the entire thread and actually learn something).

The bottom line is that you should be *reading* an exponentially greater number of posts than those to which you actually reply. The reality you may discover is that someone beat you to the punch in responding, or more likely, you have nothing useful to offer to the discussion and your reply will simply take up space (thereby dropping better quality posts further down the list).

As for being here when the "good posters" were around, there are some that still post, while there are others who have taken their places. Everybody moves up or out. I guess I'm an exception, but then again, I don't post that often (as my profile reveals). For the most part, posting replies isn't worth my time. I read what I want, when I want. I then turn the computer off and apply what I learned.

------------------

Chubbs Peterson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good provocative post, as usual RKTek.
I read this thread the first day or so, and didn’t expect it to get even more compelling. I’m glad I went back to read it again. VERY interesting arguments, folks.

Which made me think…

Here’s a potentially depressing thought to anyone thinking of marrying the woman of your dreams (and one hell of a run-on sentence):
The likelihood of someone with a DJ attitude—who understands that a marital relationship should have a degree of practicality and pragmatism— having a HAPPY marriage to a HB 9+ is highly unlikely, since a 9 *generally* has a far less developed realistic perspective and grasp of reality than her lesser attractive peers.

What do you think?

white sox bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 42, single. My phiolosphy is that if the divorce rate is 50%, why pray tell why, would you try it? If someone told me there was a 50\50 chance the airplane I was about to board was going to go down, you think I'd get on it?

This leaves 50% of the marriages at least intact. Of that 50% I guarantee that at least 30% of those are misreable, staying togeher for the kids,whatever. This leaves 20%, and of that percent, at least 10% of them are cheating on eachother, leaving a 10% sucessful,funtional marraige.

Need I say more?

B.Kennedy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by white sox bill:
I'm 42, single. My phiolosphy is that if the divorce rate is 50%, why pray tell why, would you try it?
Well, my odds on getting a #close are significantly less than 50%, and my odds on getting further than that are even less. I'm not going to stop trying due to bad odds.

So, let me solve this problem. Marry many, many women to increase your odds. If marrying one woman gives you 50%, then marrying two would give you 75%, marrying three would be, ummm, 87.5%, and marrying four, well, you get the idea.

They say dating is a numbers game, well why can't marriage be, too?

-Brian

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The way I see it, marriage should only be done if both partners are at least in their late 20s, and the woman is of good moral and psychological standing (i.e., not raised by a feminist single mother, etc.). Otherwise, it WILL NOT work.

I remember in the spring, when I had a married woman coming onto me and showing high IL, as if she was single. I was initially intrigued by her, but when I found out she was married, I refused to "bite". I feel sorry for the poor sod who married her.

I tell ya, it's a dangerous world out there...

BGMan

[This message has been edited by BGMan (edited 09-28-2002).]

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by White Sox Bill

I'm 42, single. My phiolosphy is that if the divorce rate is 50%, why pray tell why, would you try it? If someone told me there was a 50\50 chance the airplane I was about to board was going to go down, you think I'd get on it?
This leaves 50% of the marriages at least intact. Of that 50% I guarantee that at least 30% of those are misreable, staying togeher for the kids,whatever. This leaves 20%, and of that percent, at least 10% of them are cheating on eachother, leaving a 10% sucessful,funtional marraige.

Need I say more?

Of course you wouldn't get on the Plane, but you will DIE if it crashes, if a Marriage ends, that is not the end of your life, so why not take the chance!! Or if you want me to use an example, if you had a 50% chance or even 10% chance of winning lotto, would you buy a ticket??

Out of the other 50%, fourty percent is unhappy, and u r single right, r u happy?? Noooooooo, this is why you are here!! So therefor %100 of single people aren't happy!!!

10% of married people ARE!! Or so you think, so then, I think it is still worth the effort!! Who knows you/I could, could have, been one of the lucky people!! Plus eventually if you don't marry, the chick is going to leave you! Leaving u single anywayz, so why not take the chance, if you think there is a chance that is!!??

I know that nearly ALL the older guys here seem bitter, and you probably have a LOT more experience than I do, and a fair enough reason to be bitter, since I am only 20, but I know people who ARE happily married, so it DOES exist!! And well, one day, I hope that I am happily married too. Although I do realise that it is based on an element of luck, and a LOT of hard work!!

Take it easy

------------------
Life is a game....PLAY IT!!

MR_PERFECT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I learned after 1 serious relationship that I would be happy married, but what are the chances of finding the right woman? I know this sounds pessimistic, but most of the women you meet will have some form of a behavioral, emotional, or intellectual defect. Who you decide to marry has more to do with what you are willing to put up with, not what you are looking for.

Cesare Cardinali

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People will do more to avoid pain than to gain pleasure. It seems to me that divorce would be too painful for a guy to even risk getting married and having kids in this day and age.

This is a great thread.

The Sentinel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay guys here's my view.

I'm 21 years old, and frankly from what you older guys are saying (except "Pook") leads me to one conclusion - i will NEVER get married - its' crazy!

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 24, never been married thankfully, here's my $0.02:

Pook hit the nail on the head. Its not the social institution of marriage that is so bad, it is the government laws binding it. IF I ever get married, it won't be the usual. I won't have a huge ceremony. I WILL arrange a pre-nup. I will hold the ceremony somewhere special, and invite only a few close personal friends. And I know what you're thinking - I'll never get married with expectations like these. Women LOVE their ceremonies. But *shrug* to me this is just another way of weeding out the superficial money leeching b!tches.

As for where marriage came from, I think the IDEA behind it is male oriented. However, I think that pair bonding is an INSTINCT and so both male and female have incentive to marry. There is a reason pair bonding exists, it is successful in Nature's game. Just look at the life of early humans and earlier ancestors. Pair bonding worked for them.

On the man's side, he gets a woman with good genes to rear his offspring. He idealy insures that no other man will be able to access his wife's genes, also ensuring that he won't have to raise someone else's child. The man brings home food and defends his wife from attackers. The woman watches after the children while the man is away, and takes care of the nest. The man and woman work as a team to ensure the survival of their genes. The idea behind marriage is just man's way of strengthening the psychological and social bonds which keep the woman in check. It seems to have backfired a bit on us recently though

Infidelity still seems to be in there as another instinct. Both male and female have urges to get a little variety in their gene spreading.

studmuffin15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
flyguy:

u r exactly right. hey, just think:

a guy doesnt even wear his own clothes for his own weddin-- he RENTS them, and RETURNS them after he is done.

compare this to the women who shops for months looking for that perfect, multi-thousand dollar gown.

look at all the trouble the women go thru for the wedding, flowers, food, church/reception arrangements, hair/makeover, nails,etc...."everything has to be PERFECT". honestly, does the guy really care? NO. as long as its halfway decent, i am sure most men wouldnt give half a shyt over the details of their wedding.

the whole thing is an ego trip for women. its the pinnacle of their entire lives --- fashion, makeup, hairstyle, food, and friends, all mixed together into one event!

how many girls dream of being brides? damn, little girls dream of that day! how many guys dream of being a groom? HMMMMM....EXACTLY.

isnt it pathetic that a 5-hour course of events is the peak of some individuals lives?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i would like to say i liked alot of the posts you guys have made but agreed with sir chancealots the most.
i do want to say something = not all little girls dream of wedding days. i was not one of them at least. i did however fall in love very young and i did leave home and lived with the guy. and before we married we had children and paid our bills and ate dinner together and when i finally went to the courthouse to marry him because i did love him and already had this family = he left me 6 months later for a striper.
now that 4 years have passed and i am doin better than he thought i wouldhe has asked to come home several times and tells me that he didnt think he could make me happy and it was his own insecurites that led him to cheat in the first place.
i am happy to be single and i accept that. if i had known back then in my younger days that other wives didnt allow their husbands to have free time and they questioned every move then i would probally have been one of those bitter housewives. i simply thought he did need that space to venture out in the world seeing that he paid the bills and all. i didnt know he wanted me to become jealous to show that i cared . i thought that showed thru my efforts without that kind of behavior.
please note that not all women cheat and control and that men also cheat as well for those of you who didnt notice. all relationships should be fifty fifty and you dont credit yourself enough if you dont recieve your share. i learned the hard way i guess.