"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Standards

October

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 5, 2004
Messages
209
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Hawaii
Sup, here's my question: before the Xmas break, I had three prospects, but in the end I decided not to go for any of them because one was still focused on her ex, one was way too ditsy, and the last one is a friend from when I was a super AFC. But I also don't think any other people at my school who would even be worth it. So do you guys think it's better to lower your standards and give some girls a chance, or do you wait for someone who's worth it?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Limitless

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
89
Reaction score
0
lookin to get some?lower standards
or to have a cool girlfriend?your choice lol
 

DJoneday

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2002
Messages
481
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Do what'll make you happy, if having a gf who isn't up to your standards won't make you happy, don't.
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
See quote in sig.
 

October

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 5, 2004
Messages
209
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Hawaii
Sup...I like that advice...I guess i won't lower my standards. I was confused cause I read eternal's post about perfection in the bible. Thanks though.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Eternal has a post in the bible?

I feel robbed.
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by LikRetsam
Eternal has a post in the bible?

I feel robbed.
Hi Lik welcome to the thread.
 

I-am-someone

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
477
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Location
the Netherlands
Hmm... but, you can practice on women beneath your standard, right? :D

I know it may sound unethical, but seeing as I live in a city with 7 guys to 3 girls and 90% of those girls isn't even worth looking at, I'm getting the feeling I should really lower my standards or I'll never get any field practice.
Fortunatly I am on a school with a lot of HB8-HB9's on it.
The problem with that though, is that I already have an AFC rep and most of them won't even spend a moment's time with me anymore.
Plus, my brother slept with 2 of the most popular girls a while ago, which may sound like it could be a good thing, but for some reason they feel like sluts because of it and thus they don't like me, killing my chances with pretty much the entire flock of HB's.
Not that I really care, it's just annoying that the few HB's that live here won't even talk to me normally :p
 

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 22, 2004
Messages
504
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Chico, CA during school, and Irivine off-school
For a serious girlfriend, you dont want to lower your standards. But don't set them too high so that you won't be able to attain them. But for a hook-up or just to have fun, it wouldn't hurt. But dont go with clingy girls. They wont get it that its just a hook-up. Get with a girl that knows that its nothing more and wont be anything else.
 
Top