Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Somewhat unique situation where I want an ex back.

StuChainz

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I've always done alright with girls. I normally have a few chasing me but I'm usually not that interested. Then in late October I met someone, asked her out on a date and we clicked in a way I haven't felt in a very long time (and she felt the same).

Normally I have a lot going on in my life. I have american football 7 hours/week, boxing 3x a week, gym 6x a week, lots of friends, and I'm doing a Master's degree in Nuclear Physics; so I've never over-invested in someone before.

But from early November I had some time off lectures and tore my quad, so I couldn't train, and this girl would go to the same nights out as me/my friends. Because of all of this, we basically spent every day together from our first date until early December when we both went home for christmas holidays (I know full well why this isn't a good idea, I just had nothing else to do for a while)

I was supposed to go to Colombia for a month but the trip got cancelled last minute while I was in the airport, and all my friends went away without me (since I was meant to be in Colombia), while the girl was working every day and really busy.

Because I was completely alone and she was so busy, we didn't meet up at all and I got kinda needy. Again, I've never been like this with anyone before, but we'd more or less agreed to be exclusive at this point and I was so isolated with nothing to do in my life. Never had this feeling before and it made me text her and try to arrange meetups all the time.

On boxing day she sent me a long-ass whatsapp message saying how she's so busy and doesnt have space in her life to commit right now (translate: you got too needy and I'm not really feeling it any more) but she still wants to see me casually, then we came back to uni in early Jan and she ended it after seeing me once. I don't blame her, it makes me cringe a bit thinking about how wet I was being.

Now, I'm back to being busy and I'm really happy with my life. But I can't completely get this girl out of my head. I have fun with other girls, friends, sport etc. but I connected with her on another level and I want that back, even if it's just casual.

I understand the NC rule, but since we werent seeing eachother very long, weren't serious enough to be "in love" and she had a whole month apart to get over me before she even dumped me, I'm not sure it will work. I also see her twice a week and this can't be avoided.

Does anyone have some advice for me? I know this is a bit of oneitis, but I'm not like most "Nice Guys" who get hung up on one girl and over-commit, it was just really bad timing for us to meet otherwise we'd probably still be dating. And I don't feel like I "Need" this girl back, it would just make the rest of my time at uni a lot more enjoyable.

Is there anything I can do at this point to make her attracted to me again when she (probably) sees me as needy?

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
1/2 + 7 rule applies towards the ideal woman to date or even have an LTR.

3 month rule applies towards being emotionally attached.

And yours is lesser then 3 months. There shouldn't be any strong attachments.

Find another girl.

StuChainz

Reaction score
1/2 + 7 rule applies towards the ideal woman to date or even have an LTR.

3 month rule applies towards being emotionally attached.

And yours is lesser then 3 months. There shouldn't be any strong attachments.

Find another girl.
Appreciate the response, but in the time we were dating we saw eachother a hell of a lot more than 3 months worth of normal dating, thats the issue. I doubt most people here spend ~40 nights together over 6 weeks of dating, plus another month of not seeing eachother but not breaking up.

The emotional attachment isn't that strong. Like I said, I'm fine without her. But that doesn't change the fact that I still want her and know we can have a lot of fun together, and she felt the same before I started acting a little needy because of some ****ty circumstances.

Not gonna let it control my life, and I'm carrying on as if it's over for good. But if there's a way to improve my chances of her wanting something again, I'd like to know.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't get it... what's the problem. She still wants to date you casually, just do that. Keep fvcking her and go out with other chicks.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
The hypothesis of 1/2 + 7 or younger rule should negate/cancel out your beta-ness provided if she comes under that age bracket.

U should know that woman matures faster hence their higher EQ. Whilst man has a much lower EQ.
The higher ur IQ the lower ur EQ.
I'm sure u understand this.

When she has a higher EQ then you or even detected it as such then she will view you as beneath her.
She is biologically hardwired to seek out a leader.
She found out u weren't and she has lost respect/attraction to you.

When you yourself have lost confidence in your superior (manager/lecturer etc) for their lack of leadership, you will feel much like what she feels.

Does this make sense?

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't get it... what's the problem. She still wants to date you casually, just do that. Keep fvcking her and go out with other chicks.
Agreed. She didn't have time for a full time LTR and neither did you. Keep running your life as you were and throw in some sex whenever you can. You don't need to be around her constantly to appreciate her. If anything, being absent from her will just make her more attracted as long as you don't get all fvcking needy.

But she terminated the casual sex as well, so you're pretty much fvcked. She doesn't want to be with you anymore, so leave her the fvck alone and find someone else.

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's get this straight whatever is the situation. If this is an Ex and at some point you did anything. She hates you. Haven't you met people that bare with you but actually hate you. Same situation. Huge red flag here. Once again let's get this clear if it's an ex she hates you.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
No.
I suggest you get closer to the real world and recalibrate your mind to coincide with it @Spaz .
U mean lala land ?

I've hv dismissed lala land in my early 20's.

Respectfully, I must dismiss ur suggestion too.

However u hv my permission 2 thrive and excel in lala land.

And I wish u lots of luck !