Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Social Circle

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I notice it's considered "chode-like" here to get a woman out of your social circle, partly because it's too easy - it's picking low hanging fruit supposedly. I'm not so sure I agree.

To me, there is one distinct advantage to picking a girl from your social circle: You have some idea of what the girl is like, her character, personality, etc.

If you pick up a random woman off the street or in a bar or whatever, the chances of her being fairly compatible with you are probably astronomical. Especially if you are like me and are rather picky about their personalities. There's a fairly narrow spectrum of women that I find suitable.

Of course, if you're just looking for a quick bang, like most of the community, it doesn't really matter. And when I speak of social circle here, I mean your general circle of acquaintences, not a close knit group.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I notice it's considered "chode-like" here to get a woman out of your social circle, partly because it's too easy - it's picking low hanging fruit supposedly
Sounds like your latest strawman, Mr zekko.

In my years here, this is the first time I've ever heard of it.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've read that it is looked down upon because it is the way AFCs meet girls, as opposed to the "alpha" way of cold approaching. Which gives you wider choice.

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's looked down upon for the same reason that incest is looked down upon.

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I notice it's considered "chode-like" here to get a woman out of your social circle, partly because it's too easy - it's picking low hanging fruit supposedly. I'm not so sure I agree.

To me, there is one distinct advantage to picking a girl from your social circle: You have some idea of what the girl is like, her character, personality, etc.

If you pick up a random woman off the street or in a bar or whatever, the chances of her being fairly compatible with you are probably astronomical. Especially if you are like me and are rather picky about their personalities. There's a fairly narrow spectrum of women that I find suitable.

Of course, if you're just looking for a quick bang, like most of the community, it doesn't really matter. And when I speak of social circle here, I mean your general circle of acquaintences, not a close knit group.
If you're looking for an LTR, social circles are ideal for the reasons you mentioned.

I wouldn't use it to try and pick-up women though. You can very quickly get labelled a sleazeball hitting on multiple women in the same group. It all depends on the group, most friends/acquaintances I roll with tend to be pretty conservative socially. People here "date" not "hook-up." In a social circle filled with party animals/bar-hoppers...I don't think it matters as much.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sstype said:
If you're looking for an LTR, social circles are ideal for the reasons you mentioned.

I wouldn't use it to try and pick-up women though. You can very quickly get labelled a sleazeball hitting on multiple women in the same group. It all depends on the group, most friends/acquaintances I roll with tend to be pretty conservative socially. People here "date" not "hook-up." In a social circle filled with party animals/bar-hoppers...I don't think it matters as much.
Yes, well that makes sense.

Sometimes I forget that the main focus here is on random hookups.
This is probably a function of getting older, but I find that I don't enjoy the prospect of spending time with women that I don't really like. It was fine when I was a younger because I just wanted to get a nut - any warm body would do.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never liked dating in my social circle, because I don't need my social circle to know about my dating life and vice versa. Also breakups can make it awkward. I think it's much preferable to find a woman outside one's circle - but I don't believe one is any more AFC/Alpha than the other, or what have you. Just a preference.