Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So it’s been a few months , is COVID a bunch of bologna or still think it’s a real threat?

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
** please don’t derail this thread with bickering over opinions, we are all adults and are entitled to have our own opinions without insulting each other.

So here’s my first hand experience with Covid so far:

-Main girl is nurse, in hospital, on Covid unit taking care of Covid positives. She can recall about 5 deaths. All chronically ill. In other words these were people that were on deaths door before Covid. There is almost no way to say these people wouldn’t have died anyway without the Covid diagnosis.

- Me personally, part time nurse tech at a nursing home. Handful of Covid positives 0 deaths. Witnessed a 102 year old woman be diagnosed with Covid, remain completely asymptomatic and recover in a couple weeks with a negative test.

-Have extensive friend group, a few have tested positive for Covid Almost all asymptomatic.
I have yet to form an opinion of Covid, this is just my first hand experience.. Interested in hearing your experience and opinions.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
** please don’t derail this thread with bickering over opinions, we are all adults and are entitled to have our own opinions without insulting each other.
Oh, I'm sure someone's going to get triggered over this.

I still don't think we've seen everything play out yet, so we won't be able to draw any final conclusions for awhile yet.
The way things stand right now, I'm more inclined to think this than I was several months ago:
It's a threat, certainly, but the threat is overhyped.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My facility has had cases in the three digits and we have seen a case fatality rate of about 25%. It spreads and kills the elderly and sick as quickly as anything I've ever seen and I was a paramedic and ER nurse in a past life. We have managed to weather that original storm and all our current cases are winged off from everyone else and we are down to a dozen that are still active.

My team was relatively spared from getting sick. We've all been tested at least three times and only 5 employees out of several dozen have tested positive. Masks and goggles/face shields work. Period. Of those 5 two have been hit particularly hard (both are 40s, Black, Female, and relatively healthy) and are sadly still symptomatic and still testing positive 2 months after initial exposure. I know dozens of healthcare workers who have caught it. Some are fine and only had the sniffles. A couple died.

There is no standard exemplar for cases. There seems to be a tendency of older people doing worse though although in my 39 year old experience older means 50 and above, not exactly elderly. Hopefully this new rise in cases stays away from older citizens although that would seem hard to do.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My facility has had cases in the three digits and we have seen a case fatality rate of about 25%. It spreads and kills the elderly and sick as quickly as anything I've ever seen and I was a paramedic and ER nurse in a past life. We have managed to weather that original storm and all our current cases are winged off from everyone else and we are down to a dozen that are still active.

My team was relatively spared from getting sick. We've all been tested at least three times and only 5 employees out of several dozen have tested positive. Masks and goggles/face shields work. Period. Of those 5 two have been hit particularly hard (both are 40s, Black, Female, and relatively healthy) and are sadly still symptomatic and still testing positive 2 months after initial exposure. I know dozens of healthcare workers who have caught it. Some are fine and only had the sniffles. A couple died.

There is no standard exemplar for cases. There seems to be a tendency of older people doing worse though although in my 39 year old experience older means 50 and above, not exactly elderly. Hopefully this new rise in cases stays away from older citizens although that would seem hard to do.
25% mortality rate? Are you sure? You are the only healthcare worker I know reporting anything close to that, that’s 1 in 4.
No disrespect at all and thanks for all you do, that number’s just not congruent with what I’ve seen or heard. 77ACF051-DA91-49FE-8C16-F39BF39F3730.jpeg

peeps

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its not hype however its not a death sentence like the msm is making out. If you get it the chances are you will not die. It will blow over eventually but as others have said, we have not even seen the start yet

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
25% mortality rate? Are you sure? You are the only healthcare worker I know reporting anything close to that, that’s 1 in 4.
No disrespect at all and thanks for all you do, that number’s just not congruent with what I’ve seen or heard.
No disrespect taken. This virus is new and doesn't have any rules yet so things in one area might not make sense in another. I was manager on duty for many of the weekends of the time during this pandemic and was required to report a death, even if they take place in the hospital rather than our facility. Nursing home deaths are a large percentage of deaths in this country and states are paying extra close scrutiny these days. I regularly check numbers in nursing homes for our state that are available and we are pretty much in line percentage-wise if not absolute numbers wise but we are a big facility. We also had some very sick residents prior to this pandemic.

Our residents are almost exclusively 80 and above and the case fatality rate for people in that age group was, in April and May when our first cases started, between 20-30% in many states.

Remember this is the case fatality rates which means deaths of people who tested positive for COVID prior to death and who are 80+. The infection fatality rates are presumably lower since many people who are infected and don't even know it.

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since the lockdown hasn't touch any women that i didnt know their background, had a hookup date this friday, had to flake on her when i think back its asinine things to do when i got this far. Prior to covid 4 to 7 women average per month lol. New norm in my country will be only over when vaccines found, other than that im sticking to getting to know girl that i date better before dtf. It isnt worth it to die earlier than kt should be while you could achieve so much more.

Take a good looks, goods become cheaper, education going to be cheap, food didnt cost as much as they were before etc etc at least here.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
An old friend's father passed away from it. He was in a nursing home with dementia, in his 70s. Having seen loved ones take the long goodbye of dementia and Alzheimer's I can see how there are two ways of looking at that. Still, it must have been hard for the family to say their goodbyes over video chat.

Another friend caught it and recovered, that I know of. Obviously a negligible sample size.

It's certainly real and not "just a flu" as some people protest. In my country quarantining and masks worked as we flattened the curve in weeks. Nobody was out complaining about it, people just beared down and did the work. Hoping there's no rebound.

Obviously we can't keep the economy shut down forever. But nobody ever thinks it's he who will catch it and die.

peeps

Don Juan
Reaction score
An old friend's father passed away from it. He was in a nursing home with dementia, in his 70s. Having seen loved ones take the long goodbye of dementia and Alzheimer's I can see how there are two ways of looking at that.
I feel like in these kind of situations Covid could be a blessing in disguise. Prolonged waiting to die at that stage is hell

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel like in these kind of situations Covid could be a blessing in disguise. Prolonged waiting to die at that stage is hell
It certainly is. The person is basically long gone spiritually and mentally, but the vessel remains, sometimes for many years.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It never was never worth shutting down the economy over, as others have said, the people that died from it were already terminally ill and already on death's door.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The governments especially like western ones like the US like to control our lives including if we want to die or not. I think everyone that is comfortable should be in charge of their own lives and risks they're willing to take. As others said, I don't think we should've shut down the economy for this and let people decide what's good for them or not. We do not currently have that choice. It is made by the government.

Also, does anyone see the conflict of interest with most that are in government being old and likely the ones to contract Coronvirus and die from it? They are the ones making the rules and policies. Also meanwhile over 30% are unemployed, you have everyone in the government still getting paid and have a secure job. Does anyone see anything wrong with this?

If we can't deal with a virus like this, imagine all the future viruses still yet to come? What then?

Personally I think most will get it if they don't have it already by some point. It will be natural selection and some people will get it and be asympotmatic, while others will get it and suffer a bit but will pull through, and others will unfortunately die from it. Nature's way of cleansing of society? Maybe...

Lastly, It's a very bad disservice to the public on how the Media is reporting on this and injecting fear. They often don't give the whole picture. You always hear about positive cases and deaths but no details inbetween like how many were hospitalized in what severity levels, their past health histories like obese, diabetic, smoker, lung issues, pre-existing conditions, compromised immune system, aids, etc. And MANY associate having Covid-19 to a death sentence which also fuels the fire.

My $.02

logicallefty

Reaction score
Pick 3 or 4 random numbers between 100 and 800 and do 3 or 4 separate Google searches Like “356 new cases”, “176 new cases”, etc, etc. Then you decide if you believe the numbers if you are being fed by the media. Whatever your favorite numbers are there is a media article with that number of Covid cases within the last few months. Decide for yourself.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It never was never worth shutting down the economy over, as others have said, the people that died from it were already terminally ill and already on death's door.
It was worth it for New Zealand, South Korea, and much of Europe. The total economic hit is much larger when the virus spirals out of control than when an economy shuts down briefly.

And all this talk about only old sick people dying...that makes the big assumption that you will only get covid19 one time. Asymptomatic people build no immunity. You have to get fairly sick to build antibodies, and those might wear off in 2 or 3 months. Each time the virus infects your system, it erodes your health so that it will do more damage the next time.

The virus has also mutated to a form that is more transmissible. It has more corona spikes. That sounds bad, but almost always when a virus mutates to becoming easier to spread, it becomes less deadly. How the numbers play out on a macro level remain to be seen. If transmission rate went up 100x and death rate went down 10x, it will still kill more people by mutating. Asymptomatic transmission may be out of control at this point anyway.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At a death rate of 1% and herd immunity estimated at 80%, that’s about 3 million dead in the US and 60 million globally.

... no big deal.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was worth it for New Zealand, South Korea, and much of Europe. The total economic hit is much larger when the virus spirals out of control than when an economy shuts down briefly.

And all this talk about only old sick people dying...that makes the big assumption that you will only get covid19 one time. Asymptomatic people build no immunity. You have to get fairly sick to build antibodies, and those might wear off in 2 or 3 months. Each time the virus infects your system, it erodes your health so that it will do more damage the next time.

The virus has also mutated to a form that is more transmissible. It has more corona spikes. That sounds bad, but almost always when a virus mutates to becoming easier to spread, it becomes less deadly. How the numbers play out on a macro level remain to be seen. If transmission rate went up 100x and death rate went down 10x, it will still kill more people by mutating. Asymptomatic transmission may be out of control at this point anyway.
Good post. Our economy would have had to shut down anyway had the virus been allowed to run rampant. It may yet again with or without government decree.

Reinfection hasn't happened yet as far as I know...and I don't really want to even think about it doing so.

The lagging death rate remains, at this time, lower than expected. If it stays low we need to study the reason, weather? Weakening virus? Masks? Can tell us a lot about what to do if a reinfection or another pandemic comes down the highway.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

The cat is outta the bag at this point, we simply cannot go through continuous cycles of shutting down the economy every year around flu season.

My stance on COVID19 now is the same as it was during the onset: it's not worth it to shut down the economy. I never bought into the fear mongering.....

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The lagging death rate remains, at this time, lower than expected. If it stays low we need to study the reason, weather? Weakening virus? Masks?
Given that one's level of sickness varies with initial viral load, it could get worse in the winter months, simply because people gather inside out of the weather. Maybe we have more people in summer getting infected with a light dose.

I think it is mostly the new mutation, though. I am not one to complain about media bias, the bias is almost always corporate and not political, but I do think journalists are terrified to run any story about the virus being less serious, because people will seize upon that idea and take no precautions. Being genuinely concerned that a story you print might kill people is a bias, but I can't hold that against anyone.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s either shut down hospitals or shut down the economy. Which do you prefer?
During the height of the spread, the US Navy brought in ships to NY and set up floating hospitals to support local hospitals. The ship hospitals were never used and were quickly sent away.

There was never an overload in hospitals. In fact, nurses were uploading dance videos to tik tok during the supposed infection height that the media was spinning.

What happened on the ground was nowhere near the doomsday that the MSM were spinning.....